Sign In

Restoring the wondrously disastrous Star Wars Holiday Special — Page 4

Author
Time

I second benduwan’s sentiment. Please do release a version for tomorrow’s anniversary!!

One thing I like about the Star Wars saga are the planets, especially the ones wet with rain, hahaha! Kamino, Eadu, and Ach-To - all three of them have enormous amounts of rain, it seems. 😃

Author
Time

benduwan said:

Sishyo512 said:

Guys, would you rather have the project on the 17th for the 40th anniversary

yes.
after watching we can give feedback and you can release a v2 on xmas…😃

Sounds like a plan! I will release it at 8 pm Eastern Central time on Mega and Google Drive. I also plan on hosting a Rabb.it stream of the movie later on.

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Do we need to PM you for a Google Drive link?

Author
Time

DZ-330 said:

Do we need to PM you for a Google Drive link?

nah, I’ll just post it on the first page.

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Can’t wait for this!!!
Thank you for your work

John Williams & Star Wars fan !

Author
Time

sorry guys, my computeer is taking a really long time to upload stuff. it’s been at 17% for like an hour now.

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Ha, isn’t this amazing. right after reaching 76% my media encoder died on me. this is gonna take longer than expected, sorry

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Sishyo512 said:

Ha, isn’t this amazing. right after reaching 76% my media encoder died on me. this is gonna take longer than expected, sorry

I’m so sorry.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

LordZerome1080 said:

Sishyo512 said:

Ha, isn’t this amazing. right after reaching 76% my media encoder died on me. this is gonna take longer than expected, sorry

I’m so sorry.

No, I should be sorry, I should have started exporting the day before in case something like this were to happen. Anyhow, I’m gonna send the file over to a friends computer to encode there.

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Sishyo512 said:

LordZerome1080 said:

Sishyo512 said:

Ha, isn’t this amazing. right after reaching 76% my media encoder died on me. this is gonna take longer than expected, sorry

I’m so sorry.

No, I should be sorry, I should have started exporting the day before in case something like this were to happen. Anyhow, I’m gonna send the file over to a friends computer to encode there.

Is fine

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

Once I am able to export this damn project, for the V2 release I would like to collaborate with a few others in defogging some of the footage, implement more Blu-Ray release material into the Special, and do a bit more color tweaking.

On a more relevant notice, can somebody tell my how I can stop Premiere Pro files from exporting in beastly large file sizes like 680 GBs. I’ve bricked my PC twice so far, and I dont want to do it again until I am certain there is a safe way to do this.

Happy Life Day Y’all

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

do you give you tube a chance?
there many tutorials about video editing.
wish you luck and will wait for your release.
thanks

Author
Time

This sounds amazing. I saw a reference to downloading it through Google Drive and Mega. I’m not having any luck though, can someone give more specifics?
Thanks!

Author
Time

Sishyo512 said:

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

This sounds like you’re exporting your edit at unnecessarily high settings.

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time

ZestyDrink said:

This sounds amazing. I saw a reference to downloading it through Google Drive and Mega. I’m not having any luck though, can someone give more specifics?
Thanks!

He’s not done exporting it. He’s having errors

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

Mavimao said:

Sishyo512 said:

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

This sounds like you’re exporting your edit at unnecessarily high settings.

yea I lowered it quite a bit, but its still coming in at around the same number

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Could be the cache it is using to process the files. I had similar issues when I made a personal edit. Try seeing if you can adjust the size of the cache during export.

Author
Time

Sishyo512 said:

Mavimao said:

Sishyo512 said:

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

This sounds like you’re exporting your edit at unnecessarily high settings.

yea I lowered it quite a bit, but its still coming in at around the same number

What bitrate and codec are you using to render at?

Author
Time

Hot damn, a 10 minute video of 1080p 59fps video is 50 gigabytes…

Morphzero said:

Sishyo512 said:

Mavimao said:

Sishyo512 said:

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

This sounds like you’re exporting your edit at unnecessarily high settings.

yea I lowered it quite a bit, but its still coming in at around the same number

What bitrate and codec are you using to render at?

Its a slightly modified version of DV NTSC booted up to 59 fps. The depth is at 24 bit.

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

DZ-330 said:

Could be the cache it is using to process the files. I had similar issues when I made a personal edit. Try seeing if you can adjust the size of the cache during export.

I’m gonna have to check that, thanks

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Which video software are you using?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sishyo512 said:

Hot damn, a 10 minute video of 1080p 59fps video is 50 gigabytes…

Morphzero said:

Sishyo512 said:

Mavimao said:

Sishyo512 said:

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

This sounds like you’re exporting your edit at unnecessarily high settings.

yea I lowered it quite a bit, but its still coming in at around the same number

What bitrate and codec are you using to render at?

Its a slightly modified version of DV NTSC booted up to 59 fps. The depth is at 24 bit.

I’d recommend a lossless codec, such as Lagarith or Huffyuv over NTSC DV. Since you’re using DV, the color-space gets downgraded to 4:1:1 which is less than DVD. The bit depth is wayyy to high. 8 bits are typically enough for HD sources.

EDIT: When you say 59fps, do you mean 59.94?

Author
Time

DZ-330 said:

Which video software are you using?

Premiere Pro 2019

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…

Author
Time

Morphzero said:

Sishyo512 said:

Hot damn, a 10 minute video of 1080p 59fps video is 50 gigabytes…

Morphzero said:

Sishyo512 said:

Mavimao said:

Sishyo512 said:

Okay guys, this is actually really frustrating. An export of 26 minutes racks up to 650 GBs I have no clue why it does this, but I would really appreciate some help. If someone would be kind enough to PM me a link of how I can export this without bricking my PC, I will be able to show the world this monstrosity in full HD.

peace

This sounds like you’re exporting your edit at unnecessarily high settings.

yea I lowered it quite a bit, but its still coming in at around the same number

What bitrate and codec are you using to render at?

Its a slightly modified version of DV NTSC booted up to 59 fps. The depth is at 24 bit.

I’d recommend a lossless codec, such as Lagarith or Huffyuv over NTSC DV. Since you’re using DV, the color-space gets downgraded to 4:1:1 which is less than DVD. The bit depth is wayyy to high. 8 bits are typically enough for HD sources.

EDIT: When you say 59fps, do you mean 59.94?

I do mean 59.94fps. I will try the lower bit depth.

I’ve gone batshit several times over for the sake of historical preservation…