Welcome to ‘Reel Review’ the project which documents the Edge Code (think film D.N.A.) and other ephemera of 35mm prints and renders those building blocks back into the Visible Frame, which we are all so familiar with.
To put it differently, the Visible Frame makes up about 60% of a piece of film (which without a doubt is the heart and soul) but the other 40% has stories to tell and this project is working toward unearthing those pieces of history.
For Version 1 (Reel Reviews RR-0001, RR-0002, RR-0003, RR-0004, RR-0005 & RR-0006) we’ll start with a ‘Star Wars’
[Print (Family) Identification Number : 180615; Production Year : 1983; Film Type : LPP; Reels 1 thru 6; Sound Type : Dolby Stereo; Language : Spanish]
http://fd.noneinc.com/ReelReview/ReelReview.html … [Explanation]
http://fd.noneinc.com/ReelReview/ReelReview-Media.html … [Video]
http://fd.noneinc.com/ReelReview/ReelReview-Features-001.html … [Highlights]
Poke around, check out your favorite scene or shot. This was all new to me so there will be corrections to make as people begin to point out things to us.
Thanks, to team negative1 for lending us the prints, equipment and enthusiasm to under take these reviews, and everyone who appreciates the ‘Reel Reviews’ and whatever comes out next because of them.