--Vizzini (Wallace Shawn), The Princess Bride
Originally posted by: Idiot Basher
Now that I've figured out that I'm arguing with a bunch of 40-50 year old cronies this is what I have to say.
1. There is nothing on the Internet about The Ultimate Edition except a possible amount of changes that I have read on TheForce.net which is not all proven and is mostly a fan's wishful thinking.
2. George has never said he was going to do an Ultimate Edition, ever. This is all fan based decreed news spread across the Internet to spread disillusion. What Lucas is going to do is actually make a series based on the time period between Ep's III and IV, the Jedi Purge, which is more believable, and more frequently mentioned on the net. There was talk of a series before TPM even started filming.
3. And if they do do an Ultimate Edition, will you continue to whine? It doesn't matter apparently because he will never release the original's on DVD. All of you should just get over it and realize that your time is over. The 70's have ended, the 80's have come and gone. Quit living in the past. The time is now. The SE's are the final versions and even if they do make an Ultimate Edition, you'll just continue to whine about how different it is from the SE's.
4. You'll buy the DVD's anyway, no matter what you say you know you won't be able to resist. The only way this could work is if you boycott buying the SW DVD's which is less likely to work then this petition. George will never even look at this site. All he cares about his finishing his creation, wether you all like it or not.
5. I actually believe myself that both version should be released together, simply for preferable reference, because one, people like you make every other SW fan look like the stupidest people on the planet, and two, because you wouldn't open your mouths and crap wouldn't come out making SE lovers like myself angry.
6. And that's all I have to say about that.
None of this is meant to offend by the way, Mr. Jay. Go ahead and delete my account if you choose. This is my final word anyway.
Originally posted by: R2-G2
It's obvious that Lucas was not happy with the Jabba scene as it played out in 1977.
Originally posted by: Idiot Basher
If he does do and Ultimate Edition, won't you people just keep whining?"
"I guess I don't understand why this is such a big deal."
"I guess I'm not a true fan if I'm not selfish and think that everything the director does has to be all about me."
"Who cares what he wants to accomplish as an artist."
He shouldn't change anything because that's the way I like it, even though I didn't create it and he did.
It's his child, not mine, so I should be the one to decide what should be done with it. Yeah, that seems logical to me (note the sarcasm).
"I'VE GROWN TIRED OF ASKING, SO THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME..."
The Mangler Bros. Psycho Dayv Armchaireviews Notes on Suicide
Originally posted by: Rebel Scumb
according to AICN, the sabers were not fixed in that version.
as for the jabba scene, I know it was originally shot, But I highly doubt they planned to replace jabba with a creature back in 1976, it was just going to be that guy, and here's why:
1.the guy is in costume
2.Han refers to him as a human being
3.There was no way to technically achieve that shot back then, nor would ILM have any belief they could, its a moving shot with no blue screen and Han walks both infront of and behind Jabba, hell ILM had trouble doing it with digital technology, there is no way they would of shot it the way they did if they intended to sub in a creature afterwards, not in their wildest dreams.
Look at the shot, it would of been impossible.
The problem with the confrontation scene (number 1) is obviously the way Han Solo jerks his head Abruptly and not so much that Greedo shot first. "
The Jabba the Hutt Scene simply fails to look right as there is no continuity whatsoever between his appearance in Return of the Jedi and now The Phantom Menace and his appearance in Star Wars. Also, I dont think there should have been humor (tail step) added to it.
SUPERBOWL LII CHAMPS!!!
Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.