Sign In

Random Thoughts — Page 792

Author
Time

I am not going to have spaghetti for dinner tonight.

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

I am not going to have spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Mamma Mia!

I have altered Lucas’ visions. Pray I don’t alter them any further.

Author
Time

Do you think I’ll remember to get some at the grocery store this weekend? I don’t.

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.

Author
Time

It’s sad how all the old Hollywood stars are slowly dying off, one by one.

Just some guy.

Author
Time

That tends to happen to old people in general. 😛

Author
Time

OK, I have thought about this for some time, but was not shore where to bring it up.
I wanted to come up with a name to describe the preservation projects done here and by other people. But without sounding like… I had an eye patch and a parrot on my shoulder.

This is my latest idea.

F.P.D. Future Public Domain
or
F.P.D.P. Future Public Domain Preservation

Everything should technically become Public Domain some day in the Future, but it may not exist then.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

My old posts used to be embarassing, but now they’re kind of hilarious. (The 2016-2017 ones, not the 2020-2021 ones)

Just some guy.

Author
Time

red5-626 said:

OK, I have thought about this for some time, but was not shore where to bring it up.
I wanted to come up with a name to describe the preservation projects done here and by other people. But without sounding like… I had an eye patch and a parrot on my shoulder.

This is my latest idea.

F.P.D. Future Public Domain
or
F.P.D.P. Future Public Domain Preservation

Everything should technically become Public Domain some day in the Future, but it may not exist then.

Fan and Amateur Preservation Projects.

FAPPs for short.

It may need some more work!

Author
Time

Marooned Biker Scout said:

red5-626 said:

OK, I have thought about this for some time, but was not shore where to bring it up.
I wanted to come up with a name to describe the preservation projects done here and by other people. But without sounding like… I had an eye patch and a parrot on my shoulder.

This is my latest idea.

F.P.D. Future Public Domain
or
F.P.D.P. Future Public Domain Preservation

Everything should technically become Public Domain some day in the Future, but it may not exist then.

Fan and Amateur Preservation Projects.

FAPPs for short.

It may need some more work!

“Not my proudest FAPP.”

I’ll see myself out.

“Mythology is not a lie, mythology is poetry, it is metaphorical. It has been well said that mythology is the penultimate truth — penultimate because the ultimate cannot be put into words. It is beyond words. Beyond images, beyond that bounding rim of the Buddhist Wheel of Becoming. Mythology pitches the mind beyond that rim, to what can be known but not told.”

― Joseph Campbell

Author
Time

The '70s really ended in 1982/3.

Just some guy.

Author
Time

Spuffure said:

The '[]0s really ended in []2/3.

Fixed that for you, since it’s true across all decades.

“Mythology is not a lie, mythology is poetry, it is metaphorical. It has been well said that mythology is the penultimate truth — penultimate because the ultimate cannot be put into words. It is beyond words. Beyond images, beyond that bounding rim of the Buddhist Wheel of Becoming. Mythology pitches the mind beyond that rim, to what can be known but not told.”

― Joseph Campbell

Author
Time

a bratwurst sounds good right about now.

I’m not really that much of a movie purist. I really should’ve thought my name out a bit more.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I used to think the Marvel supervillain Hate-Monger was over the top.

Then I remembered the Black Legion was a thing IRL.

“Mythology is not a lie, mythology is poetry, it is metaphorical. It has been well said that mythology is the penultimate truth — penultimate because the ultimate cannot be put into words. It is beyond words. Beyond images, beyond that bounding rim of the Buddhist Wheel of Becoming. Mythology pitches the mind beyond that rim, to what can be known but not told.”

― Joseph Campbell