Rad - Helltrack Edition
Original Rad thread
TrailerRad (1986) Theatrical Trailer
IT’S TIME TO BREAK THE ICE!
Been a long time in the making, but it has finally arrived and Im sure it wont disappoint.
So heres a quick Q and A that may answer some initial questions.
So whats different between this DVD and the others floating around?
In short, EVERYTHING.
This DVD contains and represents what a retail DVD of this film should look/be like when/if it does get released.
Well, can you be specific as to what the differences are?
This DVD differs from previous DVDs by incorporating the following (but not limited to).
- Scene selection invisible hidden buttons to scroll with remote to next page of chapters without having to highlight the chapter number page manually.
- Resume feature was incorporated when feature is stopped, so you can go back to the previously viewed point.
- All VM DVD commands were written in by hand, and not automatically by muxing software (abstraction layer), so no unnecessary commands are present.
- From scratch disclaimer message.
- Included movie rating screen (e.g. “This film has been rated PG”).
- Brand new menu design with main menu soundtrack, also includes scene selection.
- New tri-star trailer without logos has been written into script for main feature.
- New delogo process implemented, whole feature delogo’d except for a 5 second scene.
- PG end screen written into script at end of main feature.
- Proper crop & IVTC.
- CCE SP3 used, replacing the one-click HDTV2DVD software used on previous users attempts.
- Direct stream copy of audio for main feature, audio for tri-star opening and PG ending transcoded and attached to match feature (just simple AC3 2.0 -> AC3 5.1, seeing as this just the opening trailer and the end PG message, which was just a silent track, all I did was make a fake 5.1 track to match the main feature track).
- Complete rebuild of theatrical trailer, frame by frame, VHS was used as reference but <span style=“text-decoration: underline;”>NO</span> part of the video from the VHS was used in final product, audio from VHS was used.
- JACKET_P folder images created.
- Updated DVD cover art.
- Same DVD disc art.
- Updated NFO.
Delogo’d? So you mean there is a huge blur on the screen?
Im not going to downplay this, once there is a logo on screen, it is impossible to get rid of it 100%. With that being said I think some of you will be quite pleased with how it the final product turned out.
But heres some tips to help you viewing experience and to minimize the logo on you end (yes theres only so much I can do, you have to do some stuff too).
Have your TV calibrated, and/or run a DVE (or similar) disc beforehand. When a TVs settings are right, the logo should be <span style=“text-decoration: underline;”>barely</span> noticeable, almost gone entirely. If you have your contrast/brightness/backlight cranked to max, the delogo will become more obvious and you will have problems…so you should adjust accordingly.
The delogo only seems to have real problems on one specific type of scene. When the camera pans real fast to the left or right with close fast moving objects moving in front if it. The logo will be noticeable because of the MPEG artifacts on the source. Slight blocking will occur for a brief moment around the logo, nothing can be done about this, its on the source thus its on here.
**What were the tools/applications you used making this DVD?
Well, its hard to list step for step everything thats been done but heres a general breakdown.
- AVI Synth inc. filters
- CCE SP3 1.0.3 w/ CCX engine
- Command Line
- DVD Lab Pro
- MS Paint
- Adobe PS
- PGC Edit
**Where can I find the specifics about your DVD?
Well, there is 3 places you can check
- The NFO in the DVD_ROM folder
- OT’s Fanedit Wiki
- This Thread
Wow, sounds totally RAD, where can I get it?**
IDK where can you get it?
Gotta find it for yourself.
Ive contacted people already about this, there are already a few people who are going to get it first so that they can put it on usenet/torrents/RS/MU whatever.
**OK, sounds like it should be reasonably easy to find, is there anything I can do for you in return? or anything I can give you in return?
**There is only two things I would like in return from you kind people.
Please keep all the file names/folders/files themselves in the original distributed format if you decide to post them somewhere.
Please give proper credit to the contributors of this project, without their hard work and contributions, this release would not be possible.
As for anything else, we (the contributors) have not and will not accept anything in return for this project (monetary or otherwise)
Moth3r said: No, there is no video embedding option in this forum software (thank god!)