Sign In

RELEASED: "Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Special Longer Version)" — Page 34

Author
Time

Mainly the video, but if I get the audio too I would definitely use it too.

Author
Time

pittrek said:

Mainly the video, but if I get the audio too I would definitely use it too.

Perhaps I can be part of this construction, if it isn’t a problem. Because I have Premiere Pro CC and other programs.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve just discovered my copy of this… it desperately could do with a HD upgrade. I love this movie and managed to get a copy of the directors “CGI” cut the other day.

even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day…

Author
Time

cass1us76 said:

I’ve just discovered my copy of this… it desperately could do with a HD upgrade. I love this movie and managed to get a copy of the directors “CGI” cut the other day.

Perhaps I can help with that. Besides, I might need some help with gathering supplies for this reconstruction.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’m currently working on an HD cut of the Director’s cut with the HDTV as a base (although while I include the new SFX shots, I mostly don’t include the altered shots to keep them in HD). The HDTV does have noticeable compression and it’s not very high detail, but it does have more grain and a much better contrast than the BD. One thing that’s interesting is that in the director’s cut they removed a lot of frames that had splice lines, but not consistently, so it’s a pain match that in the edit.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director’s Edition HD Recreation
Duel (1971) - The Hybrid Cut
The Phantom of the Opera - 1925 Version Reconstruction - Rare Scores Collection

Author
Time

ElectricTriangle said:

I’m currently working on an HD cut of the Director’s cut with the HDTV as a base (although while I include the new SFX shots, I mostly don’t include the altered shots to keep them in HD). The HDTV does have noticeable compression and it’s not very high detail, but it does have more grain and a much better contrast than the BD. One thing that’s interesting is that in the director’s cut they removed a lot of frames that had splice lines, but not consistently, so it’s a pain match that in the edit.

Have you ever listened to the audio commentary? Not sure if it was on the DVD commentary or on the startrek.com commentary, but it was fascinating to listen to it. They have explained that they have cut almost all scene, the guy even said that in some scene they cut like 1 or 2 frames.

Author
Time

SleepyBear said:

ElectricTriangle said:

I released my HD edit of the Director’s Edition: http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Trek-The-Motion-Picture-Directors-Edition-HD-Recreation/id/56390

It’s nice to have the best cut of the film in HD.

Well done. You’ve just taken the HD project of the SLV version of this movie to its first step.

Now all we need is a possible HD upscale of the SLV scenes and stuff like that…and we’re good to go.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ElectricTriangle said:

I think pittrek might be doing that eventully. I sent him the HD theatrical cut that I used as the source for this edit.

To be honest with you, I kinda had it in mind before pittrek even announced that. Perhaps I can try to make my attempt.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Oh I definitely plan to do it, as I said I have already cleaned up and upscaled the deleted scenes from the Blu-ray, and have the HDTV broadcast (Thanks Electric), but I didn’t have the chance yet to check if the deleted scenes match with the HDTV or if the cutting between the sources would be too distracting.

But if you can do it faster (I first have to clean up disc space), I will surely have no objections 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

pittrek said:

Oh I definitely plan to do it, as I said I have already cleaned up and upscaled the deleted scenes from the Blu-ray, and have the HDTV broadcast (Thanks Electric), but I didn’t have the chance yet to check if the deleted scenes match with the HDTV or if the cutting between the sources would be too distracting.

But if you can do it faster (I first have to clean up disc space), I will surely have no objections 😃

I can check it out for you. Besides which, I am trying to gather my sources.

Author
Time

pittrek said:

Oh I definitely plan to do it, as I said I have already cleaned up and upscaled the deleted scenes from the Blu-ray, and have the HDTV broadcast (Thanks Electric), but I didn’t have the chance yet to check if the deleted scenes match with the HDTV or if the cutting between the sources would be too distracting.

But if you can do it faster (I first have to clean up disc space), I will surely have no objections 😃

As much as I hate to admit, I would rather wait for you to finish what you’re doing. I must strongly recommend that you use the Blu-Ray for certain cases.

Author
Time

Sure, but the chance it will be finished before Christmas is minimal

Author
Time

Is the Special Longer Version still available for download? Just found out about this project and would love to take a look at it.

Author
Time

GimliDog said:

Is the Special Longer Version still available for download? Just found out about this project and would love to take a look at it.

I do not think it is.

Author
Time

I’m really excited that this project is moving forward. If it’s finished before the 40th anniversary of the movie so much the better!

I’m busy buying up the QMX 1/6 scale action figures so I can watch the SLV for the 40th surrounded by my tiny 12" friends. Hopefully I won’t have to watch it on VHS 😛

Author
Time

Is there anyway I can get a dvd copy of this
Please let me know.
ThankYou