Sign In

RELEASED: Raiders of the Lost Ark 35mm LPP Theatrical Experience - v1.0 — Page 7

Author
Time

Dek Rollins said:

TServo2049 said:

To be fair, the color seen here does not necessarily reflect the scan raw, it uses an LUT based on litemakr’s input on how the color should look going off of projecting his unfaded(?) Super 8(?) print.

Perhaps litemakr can weigh in?

The print is an unfaded 35mm LPP. I’m not sure where Super 8 came up. But yeah, you are correct in that litemakr adjusted the raw scan’s color to approximate the projected print, as he said that in the original post.

The print is an unfaded LPP, but the scan has to be corrected to match the print. Litmakr used his Super8 print to correct the scan, but it appears a slight color imbalance remains.

Author
Time

Ah, sorry. I thought he had said that he projected the LPP for the correction.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Can this be uploaded onto the The Pirate Bay, or any other torrent site?? I can’t get access to Spleen. Really would love to have this added to my 35mm collection. If it is on a torrent site, would appreciate the link.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DrDre said:

Dek Rollins said:

TServo2049 said:

To be fair, the color seen here does not necessarily reflect the scan raw, it uses an LUT based on litemakr’s input on how the color should look going off of projecting his unfaded(?) Super 8(?) print.

Perhaps litemakr can weigh in?

The print is an unfaded 35mm LPP. I’m not sure where Super 8 came up. But yeah, you are correct in that litemakr adjusted the raw scan’s color to approximate the projected print, as he said that in the original post.

The print is an unfaded LPP, but the scan has to be corrected to match the print. Litmakr used his Super8 print to correct the scan, but it appears a slight color imbalance remains.

The main color problem with the scan was a slight green tint on some reels. I may have slightly over compensated in some places. At any rate, the goal was to get to the right look, not necessarily a perfectly balanced picture. That said, when I (hopefully) work on version 2.0, I will keep that in mind. I know there is room for improvement. I’m hoping to get a good 16mm print for reference as well at some point.

Author
Time

I have a partial scan of the last 10 minutes from 16mm.

Also, some of it is color, but the rest is red-faded.
It is very sharp though.

Will post some samples when I get a chance.

Author
Time

I also have an 400 foot digest, super 8mm version.
This will be scanned at some point also.

Author
Time

DrDre said:

While working on the WOWOW regrade, it seemed to me, that there’s a slight but consistent color imbalance in the scan, turning every shot slightly magenta. Do you agree?

LPP:

LPP balanced:

LPP:

LPP balanced:

LPP:

LPP balanced:

LPP:

LPP balanced:

LPP:

LPP balanced:

It appears the slight color imbalance in the frames I posted, might be caused by a color conversion issue, as it does not appear to be present in the playback of the video.

Author
Time

I know you can’t put links here on the forum, but if anyone can point me in the right direction on where I can find this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Author
Time

Seahawks1Fan said:

I know you can’t put links here on the forum, but if anyone can point me in the right direction on where I can find this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Same here. I’d love to know where I can get a copy of this.

Author
Time

Dagobah1 said:

I have a partial scan of the last 10 minutes from 16mm.

Also, some of it is color, but the rest is red-faded.
It is very sharp though.

Will post some samples when I get a chance.

I’d love to see that scan if you are still planning to post it.

Author
Time

I doubt they’ll be posting anything here. 😃

Dagobah1 (aka Negative1) has been banned.

“Logic is the battlefield of adulthood.”

  • Howard Berk
Author
Time
 (Edited)

Looks very interesting, someone found this is not Myspleen? very interested in .

Author
Time

katovi said:

Looks very interesting, someone found this is not Myspleen? very interested in .

Same. Im not lucky enough to be on myspleen.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Amusing and also interesting for Litemkr to analyse the technical aspects. 😃

It appears to be exactly the same master that ABC used for their airing. Of course, the picture quality surpasses the other clips online because it came directly from the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPAnjUZRhl4

https://pix11.com/2015/07/01/see-it-the-long-lost-wpix-indiana-jones-promo/

“Logic is the battlefield of adulthood.”

  • Howard Berk
Author
Time

From what I understand MySpleen is no longer accepting invites and I don’t know how to use Usenet so…is there wnywhere else to get this and if so could someone kindly message me the place to do so? I cannot stand the Raiders BluRay and after viewing the amazing 4K77 version of Star Wars I am all about finding these scans from theatrical prints.

Author
Time

Myspleen is only temporarily not accepting invites, one day they’ll open it again to new accounts. The LPP scan is also on Blutopia.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

GZK8000 said:

Myspleen is only temporarily not accepting invites, one day they’ll open it again to new accounts. The LPP scan is also on Blutopia.

Thanks for the tip. Would anyone mind sending me an invite to Blutopia? I can PM you my email address

Author
Time

I managed to get this from an alternate source. Pretty nice. Does litemakr still post here and if so can you give a status update on version 2?

Also I saw somewhere the folks that worked on 4k77 were going to take a stab at Raiders too, anyone have any info on that?

Author
Time

Strevlac said:

Also I saw somewhere the folks that worked on 4k77 were going to take a stab at Raiders too, anyone have any info on that?

The Tn1 version is on hold for now. I do know somebody who has an original UK release of the film, which he describes as “a completely unfaded print on Fujicolor film stock”, but we will need to raise $1200 before we can go ahead with that. ($200 to rent the film, $50 shipping each way, plus another $600 to scan it, and at least $300 for Hard Drives to store it on.)

Meanwhile, 4K80 is still just getting started, so it would probably be a year or two before we can circle back for Raiders.

http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com

http://www.the007dossier.com

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Strevlac said:

I managed to get this from an alternate source. Pretty nice. Does litemakr still post here and if so can you give a status update on version 2?

Also I saw somewhere the folks that worked on 4k77 were going to take a stab at Raiders too, anyone have any info on that?

I’ve been out of the loop on this for a while, but I am interested in starting version 2.0 this year. No definite plans yet, but the first step would be to find a print to scan the damaged/missing sections. I’d certainly be interested in anything TN1 came up with.