Greetings OT. This is an edit I recently released over at fanedit.org - It's a mashup of Tarantino and The Empire Strikes Back. If interested in checking it out, it will soon be available via fanedit.info, but I would be happy to direct you in the appropriate direction if you contact me in the meantime.
Here are the details:
Original film title: The Empire Strikes Back
Fanedit film title: Pulp Empire
Date Original Film Was Released: 1980
Date Fanedit Was Released: May the 4th, 2013
Original Runtime: 127 minutes
New Runtime: 89 minutes
Intention: To take The Empire Strikes Back and remix it, using songs from and inspired by the films of Quentin Tarantino. 100% of the score has been replaced, as well as overdubbing Yoda with Pai Mei, from Kill Bill Volume 2.
There are many visual nods to Tarantino as well, but in no way is this intended to be a new Tarantino film! It's intended as a fun homage to one of my favourite filmmakers, and a remix of one of the best films ever made. Steering away from the Tarantino vibe, I have also included a hero moment for most of the main characters. Hope you enjoy it!
1) Replaced 100% of the soundtrack.
2) Added a number of visual references to Tarantino movies
3) Given each main character a hero moment/montage
4) Rebuilt the sound effects from scratch in many scenes to allow for the music replacement and to manage spill as much as possible.
5) Created a non-linear structure, split into complete chapters (Inspired by Kill Bill Volume 1)
6) Replaced Yoda's dialogue with Pai Mei (Kill Bill Volume 2)
7) Replaced the Millenium Falcon's engine with Stunt Man Mike's from Death Proof
Editing Software: Premiere Pro CS6, Encore CS6, DVDFab, Bigasoft Audio Converter
Bonus Features: Fanedit Trailers, About this Edit Featurette
1) Neglify, Gatos, g1orkatsos, TMBTM and Blueyoda for previewing and providing great feedback.
2) To everyone in the forums who gave suggestions over the past year. Many of those ideas are in the final cut, so thank you for chipping in!