Sign In

Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo — Page 807

Author
Time

Puggo - Jar Jar’s Yoda said:

Do you think that there is even one portion of your letter to CVS that they haven’t already fully considered?

I didn’t write a letter to CVS, I wrote a letter the woman involved in the incident and one to the two ex-managers involved in the incident.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

I don’t understand all these assholes that open stores and then refuse to serve customers.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

I don’t understand all these assholes that open stores and then refuse to serve customers.

You sure that is what happened here?


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

No, not necessarily. She could’ve been at fault. I’m more talking about the bakers and caterers refusing to serve events for gay people.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

I’m more talking about the bakers and caterers refusing to serve events for gay people.

I was not talking about them. I was talking solely about this incident itself.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

I know. I was talking about nothing in particular.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

“Hey, these people are willing to exchange their cash for our goods or services!”

“No! Don’t let them give us their money! They are of this certain minority!”

DESTROY ALL JEDI

My name is Sprite Pepsi and I’m abstinence till I die!

Author
Time

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

No, I’m a pretty dumb motherfucker.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

No, I’m a pretty dumb motherfucker.

No, you just need help with your mental issues and refuse to get it.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

i didn’t open them as they weren’t addressed to me.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

No, I’m a pretty dumb motherfucker.

No, you just need help with your mental issues and refuse to get it.

I don’t refuse to do anything. There is no help where I am and I couldn’t afford it if there was, but what’s that go to with any of this.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

dahmage said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

i didn’t open them as they weren’t addressed to me.

Jokes like this are a sign of the mental issues you refuse to get help for.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

I don’t know what really happened in that store either. People want to believe that a white person calling police on a black person for some trivial thing = racism. Sometimes might be, but it’s not a given.

I related before the time I witnessed a (black) McDonald’s security guard call the police on two (white) law school students, who were then arrested for trespass.

They were just sitting at the table. But they were also drunk and a little rowdy. I can’t recall but maybe they’d been there awhile without buying something. But mostly they were just sitting there and refusing to leave when asked.

If the races were reversed I bet that would be seen differently.

People call the police for trivial things regardless of race. As for your letters, I don’t think people much care what the truth is.

The blue elephant in the room.

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

No, I’m a pretty dumb motherfucker.

No, you just need help with your mental issues and refuse to get it.

I don’t refuse to do anything. There is no help where I am and I couldn’t afford it if there was, but what’s that go to with any of this.

It has to do with your general attitude in this thread. I am pretty that you have posted about not wanting to go into therapy.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

dahmage said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

i didn’t open them as they weren’t addressed to me.

ha ha.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Mrebo said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

I don’t know what really happened in that store either. People want to believe that a white person calling police on a black person for some trivial thing = racism. Sometimes might be, but it’s not a given.

I related before the time I witnessed a (black) McDonald’s security guard call the police on two (white) law school students, who were then arrested for trespass.

They were just sitting at the table. But they were also drunk and a little rowdy. I can’t recall but maybe they’d been there awhile without buying something. But mostly they were just sitting there and refusing to leave when asked.

If the races were reversed I bet that would be seen differently.

People call the police for trivial things regardless of race. As for your letters,

Thank you, Mrebo.

I don’t think people much care what the truth is.

and that is a problem.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Your letters highlight that you have no idea what really happened. They are structured like “if this, then…” else “if this, then…”. I’m not sure what compels giving advice in situations we know little about.

"Close the blast doors!"
Puggo’s website | Rescuing Star Wars

Author
Time

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

So, does anybody have an intelligent response to my “letters”?

No, I’m a pretty dumb motherfucker.

No, you just need help with your mental issues and refuse to get it.

I don’t refuse to do anything. There is no help where I am and I couldn’t afford it if there was, but what’s that go to with any of this.

It has to do with your general attitude in this thread.

I have no faith in humanity. Sue me.

I am pretty that you have posted about not wanting to go into therapy.

I don’t want “therapy”. I think the concept is shit.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time

Puggo - Jar Jar’s Yoda said:

Your letters highlight that you have no idea what really happened. They are structured like “if this, then…” else “if this, then…”. I’m not sure what compels giving advice in situations we know little about.

Other than annoying the person on the receiving end of the advice, it accomplishes nothing.

Fight the real enemy!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Puggo - Jar Jar’s Yoda said:

Your letters highlight that you have no idea what really happened.

that is correct, I don’t know what happened. No one does, yet the media(at least the local news that I was watching) acts like it does know what happened and that what happened was racism.

They are structured like “if this, then…” else “if this, then…”. I’m not sure what compels giving advice in situations we know little about.

I don’t know what is wrong with structuring them that way when I don’t know what really happened.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

I don’t want “therapy”. I think the concept is shit.

in other words, you refuse to get help. So don’t say “I don’t refuse to do anything”.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Warbler said:

Puggo - Jar Jar’s Yoda said:

Your letters highlight that you have no idea what really happened.

that is correct, I don’t know what happened. No one does, yet the media(at least the local news that I was watching) acts like it does know what happened and that what happened was racism.

Wouldn’t that be a justification for writing to the media, rather than writing to the people in the story? Maybe I’m missing something.

"Close the blast doors!"
Puggo’s website | Rescuing Star Wars

Author
Time

Puggo - Jar Jar’s Yoda said:

Warbler said:

Puggo - Jar Jar’s Yoda said:

Your letters highlight that you have no idea what really happened.

that is correct, I don’t know what happened. No one does, yet the media(at least the local news that I was watching) acts like it does know what happened and that what happened was racism.

Wouldn’t that be a justification for writing to the media, rather than writing to the people in the story? Maybe I’m missing something.

I suppose I could have written to the media. I just decided to write the people involved.

btw, you do understand I didn’t really send them letters, right?


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!