Sign In

Police Academy Film TV Airings?

Author
Time

Does anyone by any chance have HD recordings of any of the “Police Academy” films (1-7) from TV airings on non-premium channels? Typically the TV airings of these films are edited for language/nudity, but do show a few scenes that aren’t in the theatrical versions. These “TV Edits” are available on various sites in SD form, but not in HD form. I would love to locate TV airings of them and “merge” them to make a complete version. I have good recordings of the theatrical versions from the HDNet marathon earlier this year, and I also have the UK Blu-Ray collection that I can use for source material.

Author
Time

They never aired TV versions of them in HD. I do have all 7 films TV Versions in SD.

Author
Time

KRW said:

They never aired TV versions of them in HD. I do have all 7 films TV Versions in SD.

Do you have the extended TV versions? I’ve been looking for them for years.

Author
Time

cpalmer2k said:

Does anyone by any chance have HD recordings of any of the “Police Academy” films (1-7) from TV airings on non-premium channels? Typically the TV airings of these films are edited for language/nudity, but do show a few scenes that aren’t in the theatrical versions. These “TV Edits” are available on various sites in SD form, but not in HD form. I would love to locate TV airings of them and “merge” them to make a complete version. I have good recordings of the theatrical versions from the HDNet marathon earlier this year, and I also have the UK Blu-Ray collection that I can use for source material.

I have parts 2, 4, and 6 on VHS, but only 6 has deleted scenes, but one of the cut scenes was in bad quality.

Author
Time

You piqued my curiosity now, as I have never heard about those scenes not available on the theatrical releases. I used to watch those movies as a kid, so I really want to know more about them - as the BDs are lacking any sort of deleted scenes. Can anyone point me to a place discussing what’s been added/removed?

Author
Time

All 7 movies are available on the usual Russian tracker - dunno if they are those TV version discussed here, but it’s quite probable, as I don’t see the point to retain them, while BDs are readily available.

[Fundamental Collection] thread| homepage: blog.spoRv.com| fan preservation forum: fanres.com|

Author
Time

geek-o-rama said:

You piqued my curiosity now, as I have never heard about those scenes not available on the theatrical releases. I used to watch those movies as a kid, so I really want to know more about them - as the BDs are lacking any sort of deleted scenes. Can anyone point me to a place discussing what’s been added/removed?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+academy+deleted+scenes

Recent captures…

*The Hunger Games HDTV 1080p (UK theatrical alternate version: not on Blu-ray)

Author
Time

digitalfreaknyc said:

KRW said:

They never aired TV versions of them in HD. I do have all 7 films TV Versions in SD.

Do you have the extended TV versions? I’ve been looking for them for years.

Yes I do have the extended TV versions of them.