Functionality confirmed to be working:
- creating an account
- logging in/logging out
- displaying available forums
- displaying threads in each forum with last post/replies/views info
- posting new threads
- posting replies
- subscribing to threads
- incorporating custom tags into post content (entirely new set of tags similar to those implemented in other forum software)
- editing posts
- buddy list
- ignore list
- ignore functionality (options to include blocking a user's posts entirely or blanking out the text with a link to display the text)
- bookmarks (each user will be able to add posts to a personal list of bookmarks for easy retrieval--great for classic "reference" threads)
- user profile settings (password, e-mail, etc.)
- avatar uploads
- user preference settings (thread age, threads per page, etc.)
- user post history (threads originated by user and posts within threads)
- private message sending/receiving
- sending e-mails (via site contact form--no public displays of e-mail addresses)
This is not a comprehensive list of forum features. I haven't forgotten the suggestions thread. This is merely what I consider necessary to go live with the software.
Most of the items in progress involve minor retooling of the core functionality related to completed items, so now that the core set of functionality is complete, finishing the rest should go quickly.
Please, no "when" questions. I'll post when it's ready.