Sign In

Need special effects for your edit? Request them here! — Page 10

Author
Time

Jeebus said:

Can someone animate this Tusken village to be burning, with maybe a silhouette of AotC Anakin looking at it.

http://i.imgur.com/uEYnN0x.jpg

Maybe in this pose.

https://tokyofox.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/naboo005707.jpg

So I tried it myself, but I have no idea how to do proper lighting effects, so it looks like shit right now. I’ve also got to redo the black bars so that his legs are covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qsCEIHzLLU&feature=youtu.be

Remember Bitter Springs

Author
Time

From the “TFA Fan Edit Ideas” thread, here’s my proposal for moving the destruction of Hosnian Prime to after Han’s death. It would require some visual FX work to replace shots showing a masked Ren with an unmasked Ren, and matting in some relatively static TIEs approaching from straight on.

Hal 9000 said:

I put in some time today with TFA, and have put together a few mockup clips to see what it would take to move the destruction of Hosnian Prime to right after Han’s death.

https://vimeo.com/164864645
For the first scene with Snoke, we would remove Hux, and begin the scene once he’s exited the room. I think it’d be okay to leave the SKB establishing shot, though. A small amount of FX work would need to be done to paint Hux out of a few frames as he finishes walking out of frame.

https://vimeo.com/164864663
Next, we will need to remove Hux’s speech and move it to later. This means we will follow Rey as she runs from Maz’s basement, and continue following her until she notices the TIEs coming in for attack. One problem with moving the destruction of Hosnian Prime to later means that Finn left with the space pirates, and yet later appears back with Han and Maz. The best solution I can think of is to do some audio and visual FX work to make it look like he is reacting to the incoming TIEs, and merely imply that he returned in order to help fight.

https://vimeo.com/164864669
After the interrogation of Rey, we see Snoke again. Here, we will need to bake in parts of Hux’s conversation with Snoke that we removed from earlier. I’ve noted in the clip a few shots that will require FX work to show Kylo Ren unmasked.

https://vimeo.com/164864713
After Ren throws a fit upon finding Rey’s empty cell, we can insert the Hux speech. Once it cuts to people working at control stations, we seamlessly segue into the sun being sucked up, which was originally at this point in the film anyway.

During the Resistance briefing, remove Leia announcing that they are the next target.

https://vimeo.com/164864963
And here is the destruction of Hosnian Prime, Starkiller Base’s sole target. I flipped one shot of the beam vertically so that it tracked better.

One would also need to remove the short scene right after Rey and Finn run from the building where we are told the weapon will fire in two minutes.

I’m still not entirely sure this goal can be achieved seamlessly, but I hope so. Good luck to anyone trying to make this work.

Author
Time

Speaking of TFA special effects does anyone know if the whole making Snoke completely a hologram thing has been done yet?

I believe in Rian Johnson

Author
Time

I have been working on a edit for some time now, I have the whole thing planned out and it is a vital part for me to get rid of Jar Jar Binks from the Tattoine scenes, but I no longer have much time to spare and couldn’t find an efficient way of doing that. Can someone get rid of Jar Jar Binks? Just like the example video here: https://vid.me/9xx8

Here is the link to my page:
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Phantom-Menace-REIMAGINED/id/17970
My edit involves changing the sequence of the movie (it will now start with Tattoine like the original trilogy) and Jar Jar Binks really doesn’t fit there.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away..

Author
Time

As far as I know, it hasn’t. But it wouldn’t be difficult to do. You’d just have to rotoscope Snoke, make him a little blue-er, add some transparent horizontal line movement, add some noise/grain, and maybe give his voice a light filter.

Author
Time

I would imagine it be tricky to get the effect exactly the same as when the hologram flashes in TFA.

I believe in Rian Johnson

Author
Time

sansuni said:

I have been working on a edit for some time now, I have the whole thing planned out and it is a vital part for me to get rid of Jar Jar Binks from the Tattoine scenes, but I no longer have much time to spare and couldn’t find an efficient way of doing that. Can someone get rid of Jar Jar Binks? Just like the example video here: https://vid.me/9xx8

Here is the link to my page:
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Phantom-Menace-REIMAGINED/id/17970
My edit involves changing the sequence of the movie (it will now start with Tattoine like the original trilogy) and Jar Jar Binks really doesn’t fit there.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

I can’t for the life of me remember, but someone on here was doing an edit with exactly this in mind. If this was indeed you I apologise, but surely someone must have removed Jar Jar from TPM by now?

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Author
Time

Something I’d love to see is Dooku being added to the funeral scene in TPM and possibly even to the scene of the Jedi (and Palpatine) landing on Naboo. And while doing that, you could also replace the horrible Samuel L. Jackson double who looks nothing like him but plays Windu in that scene.

These things are probably quite hard to do but I thought I’d throw the idea out there just in case.

Author
Time

dkeighobadi said:
I can’t for the life of me remember, but someone on here was doing an edit with exactly this in mind. If this was indeed you I apologise, but surely someone must have removed Jar Jar from TPM by now?

Yeah, I am pretty sure that was me. I released several clips where I took out Jar Jar Binks from scenes without cutting out the scenes completely. (only one or two survived I’m afraid) I just couldn’t find an efficient way of doing it. Most of the time, background is static, so the method I used was to rotoscope him out of a scene and add motion tracking if the camera is moving. But since Jar Jar moves way too much, it takes way too much work at some scenes.

There are other people who removed Jar Jar Binks (or at least mostly) from TPM, but not the way I want it. They just cut down, otherwise perfectly fine scenes to do it. (there are already way too many scenes to be removed from the movie, I think we should try to save what we can from it.)

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away..

Author
Time

This might be asking too much, but a shot I’d like to include in my TFA edit is of the Falcon leaving the Starkiller Base without the X-wings. The Falcon flies away and then the base explodes.

Would this be possible?

Needless to say, I’d be enormously grateful if you could do this!

Author
Time

sansuni said:

dkeighobadi said:
I can’t for the life of me remember, but someone on here was doing an edit with exactly this in mind. If this was indeed you I apologise, but surely someone must have removed Jar Jar from TPM by now?

Yeah, I am pretty sure that was me. I released several clips where I took out Jar Jar Binks from scenes without cutting out the scenes completely. (only one or two survived I’m afraid) I just couldn’t find an efficient way of doing it. Most of the time, background is static, so the method I used was to rotoscope him out of a scene and add motion tracking if the camera is moving. But since Jar Jar moves way too much, it takes way too much work at some scenes.

There are other people who removed Jar Jar Binks (or at least mostly) from TPM, but not the way I want it. They just cut down, otherwise perfectly fine scenes to do it. (there are already way too many scenes to be removed from the movie, I think we should try to save what we can from it.)

There is technology that can do complete removals now so this is very possible. Please see my Time code removals for TFA del scenes

Author
Time

xxtelecine 7xx said:
There is technology that can do complete removals now so this is very possible. Please see my Time code removals for TFA del scenes

I know it is possible since I have already done it. Its just that the way I am doing is not very practical and very time consuming for the scenes I am doing… (he is Jar Jar… he just moves too much and too erratically.)

All I am saying is, it would be nice if someone with better skills and proper software could do it much better and faster than I ever could.

Actually, it would be awesome if someone could remove Jar Jar from the entire movie along with deleted scenes and release it as a resource. (so in the future, it is easier for fan editors to put out a proper movie)

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away..

Author
Time

Kexikus said:

Something I’d love to see is Dooku being added to the funeral scene in TPM and possibly even to the scene of the Jedi (and Palpatine) landing on Naboo. And while doing that, you could also replace the horrible Samuel L. Jackson double who looks nothing like him but plays Windu in that scene.

These things are probably quite hard to do but I thought I’d throw the idea out there just in case.

My edit of TPM (“Shroud of the Sith”) has Dooku added to the funeral scene. I haven’t released it yet (still working on a few things), but I have a link to preview the Dooku funeral scene somewhere in the thread for my edit. The preview is a bit more rough than the final version, but you’ll get the idea.

Author
Time

sansuni said:

xxtelecine 7xx said:

Actually, it would be awesome if someone could remove Jar Jar from the entire movie along with deleted scenes and release it as a resource. (so in the future, it is easier for fan editors to put out a proper movie)

I could probably do that, but imo removing Jar Jar altogether leaves a lot of key scenes on the cutting room floor, and it would probably make the cuts far too jarring for a smooth progression.

Unless you’re talking about physically rotoscoping him out, instead of cutting around him. In which case, I don’t think anyone here would have the patience to sit down and do all of that. It took me the better part of a week just to accurately rotoscope one scene of Dooku sighing from Episode II. Doing the same for all of Jar Jar would be a nightmare.

Author
Time

Sheepish said:
I could probably do that, but imo removing Jar Jar altogether leaves a lot of key scenes on the cutting room floor, and it would probably make the cuts far too jarring for a smooth progression.

Unless you’re talking about physically rotoscoping him out, instead of cutting around him. In which case, I don’t think anyone here would have the patience to sit down and do all of that. It took me the better part of a week just to accurately rotoscope one scene of Dooku sighing from Episode II. Doing the same for all of Jar Jar would be a nightmare.

I am talking about rotoscoping him of course, anyone can buther a movie.

If a simple scene like that took you that long, you are either doing something wrong or using the wrong software, this little clip only took me like 10 minutes.

Link: https://vid.me/9xx8
(fyi, originally Jar Jar was present in this scene.)

I have made several other scenes like that, for example I removed little Anakin from some certain scenes. But like I have said, it is time consuming to do it for the entire movie and time is a luxury I no longer have.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away..

Author
Time
 (Edited)

sansuni said:

Sheepish said:
I could probably do that, but imo removing Jar Jar altogether leaves a lot of key scenes on the cutting room floor, and it would probably make the cuts far too jarring for a smooth progression.

Unless you’re talking about physically rotoscoping him out, instead of cutting around him. In which case, I don’t think anyone here would have the patience to sit down and do all of that. It took me the better part of a week just to accurately rotoscope one scene of Dooku sighing from Episode II. Doing the same for all of Jar Jar would be a nightmare.

I am talking about rotoscoping him of course, anyone can buther a movie.

If a simple scene like that took you that long, you are either doing something wrong or using the wrong software, this little clip only took me like 10 minutes.

Link: https://vid.me/9xx8
(fyi, originally Jar Jar was present in this scene.)

I have made several other scenes like that, for example I removed little Anakin from some certain scenes. But like I have said, it is time consuming to do it for the entire movie and time is a luxury I no longer have.

http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/basics-of-the-remove-module-with-mocha-pro-part-03/?back=http://www.imagineersystems.com/video/page/2/?dd=dateNew&tagFilter=Training+Videos&orderby=date&order=DESC

:}

I would love to help you but frankly I have moved on from the pre-quills and HAL’s 9000 cuts are just fine.

Author
Time

Sheepish said:

Kexikus said:

Something I’d love to see is Dooku being added to the funeral scene in TPM and possibly even to the scene of the Jedi (and Palpatine) landing on Naboo. And while doing that, you could also replace the horrible Samuel L. Jackson double who looks nothing like him but plays Windu in that scene.

These things are probably quite hard to do but I thought I’d throw the idea out there just in case.

My edit of TPM (“Shroud of the Sith”) has Dooku added to the funeral scene. I haven’t released it yet (still working on a few things), but I have a link to preview the Dooku funeral scene somewhere in the thread for my edit. The preview is a bit more rough than the final version, but you’ll get the idea.

That’s looking really good, but it’s not quite what I imagined. I was thinking that he’d just stand between the other Jedi and guests and is not in the focus of the scene.

Author
Time

sansuni said:
If a simple scene like that took you that long, you are either doing something wrong or using the wrong software, this little clip only took me like 10 minutes.

Well, I was only able to work on it in rare moments of free time, so that factored into it. I’m also still learning the ropes. Had I worked on it straight through, it would have taken me considerably less time, but probably still longer than 10 minutes or so. I probably had at least a few hours of work embedded into that scene, just trying to perfect the blending.

That being said, the clip you made in the desert w/o Jar-Jar looks better than I was expecting. Great job!

Author
Time

Hey all,

I’m new here, but I was wondering if anyone is able to recreate the opening crawl of THE FORCE AWAKENS. It’s a silly thing, but I’m rather annoyed by the different font for the title compared to the previous films in the series. Look at the “O” in FORCE to see what I’m talking about.

Does anyone here know how to do this? PM me if you do.

Author
Time

bensmitty234 said:

Hey all,

I’m new here, but I was wondering if anyone is able to recreate the opening crawl of THE FORCE AWAKENS. It’s a silly thing, but I’m rather annoyed by the different font for the title compared to the previous films in the series. Look at the “O” in FORCE to see what I’m talking about.

Does anyone here know how to do this? PM me if you do.

The font is not different. It is different when compared to ROTJ and the prequels. But the font is identical to that of ANH and TESB.