Sign In

NON-Star Wars Fan Edit and Alternate DVD Covers SHOWCASE — Page 3

Author
Time
Nice covers RiK!!! That landscaped Dune one is SWEET!

Galatians 2: 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Author
Time
THANKS COOV!!

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Rikter
Hey guy's here are some samples of my latest covers - I hope you enjoy them!



The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005) - Custom Cover for retail DVD - Sample
http://home.comcast.net/~newmexicoufo/THGTTG_2005_-_Custom_-_Sample.jpg

Enjoy!


Love the hikers cover! Are you gonna post a hires version?

Author
Time
Heya! I decided to make a Jurassic Park DVD cover.. of something I wish would actually happen and stuff..

Take a look....

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5458/jpdvdpngman4uo.png

sorry about the bigness again...

but if only they made so many features... I'm not too proud of the back of the cover..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Lord_Phillock/starwarssig.png

Author
Time
Lord Phillock:
Cool cover. I like the Special Features that you've put on there too. However, you're skilled at making covers, so why not make some for DVDs that actually exist? Not being harsh, would just like to see you do some covers that I could print out. Good luck on any future covers.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
wow thanks for the comment... ok, haha, I'll do that next time...
and you tell me if you want a printable version... ok sorry I'll do better next time
with actual DVDs...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Lord_Phillock/starwarssig.png

Author
Time
some covers for the 3 Making of Superman

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7452/15ef1.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6264/20ek1.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1434/39yg.jpg



http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/274/358ct.jpg
Author
Time
some others covers I just done.

Jason and the Argonauts (Criterion Collection)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6615/jason3d3lz.jpg



Operation Undersea
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8885/200003d2zt.jpg
Author
Time
After seeing the cover for the SERENITY DVD, I knew I had to make one to replace the lame cover for the DVD I hope to get for Christmas!

As Rocking_Fraggle pointed out it's kinda weak...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BW7QWW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SERENITY CUSTOM

The top one is a final version and my favorite!! - The last two I also dig on but I'm at a loss for the backs
http://home.comcast.net/~tk420/Serenity_Custom_-_Blaksvn_-_Samples.jpg

If anyone would like to take a stab at the backs of the bottom two hit me up and I'll get you the art - I'll also post links in a week or so for the covers

Word to the Spookies...


“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Wow Rikter

Those Serenity covers look great. I love the simplicity of the top one, but the second one also looks good, especially the back image.

The official cover is just so lame. Unbelievably bad. It says nothing whatsoever about the movie and is simply designed to appeal to the lowest common demoninator (ooh look - a sci-fi space action movie with big explosions).

I wish all of the talented people on this board were designing the covers for real as a living. The fact that fan-made covers in a number of cases are so much better than by 'professional creatives' being paid to do this says a lot.

And you know the other thing I really like about the fan-made covers...

THE ABSENCE OF QUOTES !

I don't need Ebert & Roeper telling me they gave a movie two thumbs up, or the San Francisco Gazette to tell me it's "a triumph" to make me buy a dvd. I detest the four stars, 3.5 out of 5 marks (I've seen this for real on a cover - can't remember which), 27 Who Cares Award Nominations method of marketing a DVD. Put those details on the TV or magazine ads if you must but don't sully the fine artwork of covers with them. Even Lord of the Rings DVDs required people to be told how many Oscar nominations it had.

Okay, enough of the rant. Rikter, I look forward to printing out the cover(s) and replacing my Serenity cover with something much better.

Did you ever see the European poster styles - I really liked the coloring of these:

Serenity European Poster 1
Serenity European Poster 2
Serenity European Poster 3

Oh yeah, the Dune Fanfiltration Landscape cover is gorgeous. Love the style of the Star Trek In Thy Image DVD - does anyone have hi-res printable covers for the entire Star Trek movie series - I always preferred these more subtle UK-style covers for the movies as opposed to the US movie poster ones.
where have i been all this time ?
Author
Time
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!


I do plan on posting the first cover as it is my most FAVORITE!! I was hoping someone would be willing to finish the back of the second and third covers but I'll just need to get my DVD first! (Christmas I hope )

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum.

After seeing all the effort that has been put into fan edits over the last year, and having downloaded a fair few films and DVD covers, (most of which is a result of the people frequenting this forum), I decided to chip in myself.

I wanted to put together a cover for the SUPERMAN: INTERNATIONAL SALKIND CUT, (currently being upped by Blaksvn), that would go with the cover of the SUPERMAN II RIC.

The end result is a combination of three DVD covers. The RIC cover, Dr. Zaius' Superman The Movie Cover, and Coovs' Superman Cover.

Thanx to Dr Zaius for the high res poster image, and to Coov for the Krypton image and spine. Hope you don't mind me using your cover Coov, but I really liked the back, and the spine saved me some time! (Your Batman Begins cover is excellent by the way)

Ive also done a pair of matching discs to keep in with the artwork of the RIC.

If anyone wants a high res copy, or is able to tell me how to make a link to it, then just pm or email me.



http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/1814/supermancustomdisplay4bm.jpghttp://img433.imageshack.us/img433/3487/supermandiscdisplay4sy.jpg
Author
Time
Outstanding Superman artwork! I invite you and other talented artists to submit your Superman movie DVD art, and any other Superman movie art, to me and I will be happy to post it on my website, www.capedwonder.com, with a credit to you. The site re-launches in 2006 and then I will begin uploading lots of new imagery.

Happy Holidays!

Jim Bowers
jimb@hawsco.com
Go Forward.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Booshman
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum.

After seeing all the effort that has been put into fan edits over the last year, and having downloaded a fair few films and DVD covers, (most of which is a result of the people frequenting this forum), I decided to chip in myself.

I wanted to put together a cover for the SUPERMAN: INTERNATIONAL SALKIND CUT, (currently being upped by Blaksvn), that would go with the cover of the SUPERMAN II RIC.

The end result is a combination of three DVD covers. The RIC cover, Dr. Zaius' Superman The Movie Cover, and Coovs' Superman Cover.

Thanx to Dr Zaius for the high res poster image, and to Coov for the Krypton image and spine. Hope you don't mind me using your cover Coov, but I really liked the back, and the spine saved me some time! (Your Batman Begins cover is excellent by the way)

Ive also done a pair of matching discs to keep in with the artwork of the RIC.

If anyone wants a high res copy, or is able to tell me how to make a link to it, then just pm or email me.



http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/1814/supermancustomdisplay4bm.jpghttp://img433.imageshack.us/img433/3487/supermandiscdisplay4sy.jpg




STUNNING!!!!!!!!

PLEASE send me a copy and I'll make a Superman Cover torrent soon!!!


DAMN that is one fine cover!

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Coov/supes3.jpg

Galatians 2: 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Author
Time
Them Covers are Awesome
How do you go by Getting these covers
I love em
there awesome

!

Author
Time
Is this the same Sky is doing the Superman 2 Crystal Edition? I've left you some comments on the Myspleen message board.

Thanx for the comments about the cover! I've sent a copy to Blaksvn which he is going to include in one of his many torrents, and meedermow has a copy which he has kindly offered to host. If you would like a copy emailed straght to you then jus send me a PM with your email address.

Keep up the good work!

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Booshman
Is this the same Sky is doing the Superman 2 Crystal Edition? I've left you some comments on the Myspleen message board.

Thanx for the comments about the cover! I've sent a copy to Blaksvn which he is going to include in one of his many torrents, and meedermow has a copy which he has kindly offered to host. If you would like a copy emailed straght to you then jus send me a PM with your email address.

Keep up the good work!



Yes sir I am the Same SKY that is doing the SUPERMAN 2 Crystal Edition
Replyed to your Post
go read it
and also RIK told me about this site
he has supported my Project from the beging
and thanks for your support

!

Author
Time
SKY!!!!!

Welcome to the fun house!!!!!!!!

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Rikter
SKY!!!!!

Welcome to the fun house!!!!!!!!


Thanks RIK
Soma really amazing DVD Art work on here Love the all
you gonna make a thread on here about My Crsytal Edition
on what you was saying Or shall I do it?

!

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Sky_
Originally posted by: Rikter
SKY!!!!!

Welcome to the fun house!!!!!!!!


Thanks RIK
Soma really amazing DVD Art work on here Love the all
you gonna make a thread on here about My Crsytal Edition
on what you was saying Or shall I do it?



FIRE IT UP SINCE YOUR HERE

This is a cool project man!!!!!!

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
In case the poster who requested it missed it in the other cover thread...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/greencapt/NOTLD1990customview.jpg

Not for any special edit, just a custom cover.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: greencapt
In case the poster who requested it missed it in the other cover thread...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/greencapt/NOTLD1990customview.jpg

Not for any special edit, just a custom cover.



how do you make these 3d shots of the covers like youve done here?

!