Sign In

NJVC Custom Blu-ray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions now available on Mega — Page 19

Author
Time

Does WinRar (or any of the others) not tell you the specific file that it think’s is corrupt?

Author
Time

Yes. For ROTJ it says it’s part25 that is the issue.

I did manage to find a workaround though. Apparently, if I download ALL of the files using the individual MEGAlinks, the ISO then extracts without issue. It’s when I download them using the folder links (imported into MEGAsync), or mix and match file from the folder links and individual links, that I get the errors.

So I’m just redownloading the files individually.

Author
Time

A year and half ago I burned this BD set. I’ve watched the 3 movies frequently but not the extra content very often.

A few weeks ago I wanted to show my daughter a few things and couldn’t get some of the discs to play.
What is the longevity of the record-able BD media?

I’m thinking of reburning them and would like to solicit

  1. model of a decent burner - windows 10 machine
  2. decent but not break the bank BD media that I can run through my canon printer to print the disc graphics. Since its a limited amount of discs to burn I don’t mind spending a bit on them.

Thanks,
-Andy

Author
Time

I have run into a temporary error message problem with part 10 of ESB BD 50. Is anyone else having trouble downloading this file?

Author
Time

Tomatoman112 said:

I have run into a temporary error message problem with part 10 of ESB BD 50. Is anyone else having trouble downloading this file?

It seems to be working now so disregard this post.

Author
Time

ImgBurn and VLC seem to think that my BD 50 iso is a DVD. ImgBurn reads it as a DVD ROM, and when I use my PC’s default mounting, VLC says “VLC is unable to open the MRL ‘dvd:///E:’. Check the log for details.” Is this normal?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Similar to the above, the ISO for SW DE 2.7 (the MD5s of which all check out 100%) mounts as a DVD in Windows 10. If I try to play the actual film itself from the menu, it fails. When I manually mount it as a Blu-ray specifically in software, it still fails to play the film. Manually playing the relevant .m2ts fails. Copy the .m2ts out of the ISO and playing it from another location fails.

Apologies for the necropost, but does anybody out here have any ideas?

EDIT: It doesn’t work at all in VLC but it does play (from the beginning anyway) in Leawo… but trying to navigate through the file at all crashes the player so only audio works.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with the sheer number of audio tracks muxed into the film’s .m2ts. I’ll try muxing out some of the audio tracks (languages that aren’t English, for example) and see if that improves compatibility…

EDIT 2: Yep, that was it. If I mux some audio tracks out, it plays fine in VLC (both from .m2ts and after recreating ISO from the smaller .m2ts with fewer tracks). Guess that could be handy if anyone else is having the same problem.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Torch5013 said:

ImgBurn and VLC seem to think that my BD 50 iso is a DVD. ImgBurn reads it as a DVD ROM, and when I use my PC’s default mounting, VLC says “VLC is unable to open the MRL ‘dvd:///E:’. Check the log for details.” Is this normal?

Well, yes and no. It’s normal behaviour in the sense that VLC, seeing it mounted as a “DVD”, tries to open it as a DVD and fails because it’s not a DVD. It’s not normal in the sense that it should not be interpreted as a DVD in any sense; I don’t know enough about that to understand why this is, but my guess is that it’s to do with how it was authored (maybe a quirk of the particular software used or something).

However, it’s easy to work around: instead of launching VLC from the file (e.g. “play with VLC” from Windows context menu), open VLC first then go to the Media menu and choose “Open Disc…” then manually select the Blu-ray option and correct virtual drive letter before proceeding. That works. Except that for me it doesn’t, apparently due to the file having too many audio tracks (as I discussed in the post above).

Of course, you posted this two months ago, so you’ve probably figured that out by now.

Author
Time

Does anybody know what software njvc used for the latest version of these?

And I’ve loved every pixel of it.
(Clarissa Darling, Clarissa Explains It All)

You’re so right.
(Kylo Ren, Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

Author
Time

dahmage said:

Swift S. Lawliet said:

Does anybody know what software njvc used for the latest version of these?

it was Adobe Encore

Thanks.

And I’ve loved every pixel of it.
(Clarissa Darling, Clarissa Explains It All)

You’re so right.
(Kylo Ren, Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

Author
Time

Part 27 of Star Wars BD 50 is “temporarily unavailable”.

Author
Time

roguejedha said:

Part 27 of Star Wars BD 50 is “temporarily unavailable”.

Yeah, I’m also having problems downloading Part 27 of Star Wars BD50. I’ve had to skip downloading that part. But it would be nice if Part 27 was re-uploaded to MEGA.

Author
Time

Ryan said:

roguejedha said:

Part 27 of Star Wars BD 50 is “temporarily unavailable”.

Yeah, I’m also having problems downloading Part 27 of Star Wars BD50. I’ve had to skip downloading that part. But it would be nice if Part 27 was re-uploaded to MEGA.

I ended up being able to finally download Part 27.

Author
Time

Could someone please confirm SHA1 checksums for the BD50s with me? I’ve long since lost the original archives.

217177d9982cd6b023f302c83f1db4188ab1a3db Star Wars.iso
e70eb6f0c4e805f3584ccdca438a4da4af3e9c52 The Empire Strikes Back.iso
f4275385ea7843c2289d439d7dd9bcdd96ca0f28 Return of the Jedi.iso

My SHA1 for Star Wars matches Bluto’s, just looking for the others.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve just generated the MD5 and SHA-1 checksums on my copies, and the SHA-1s match yours exactly. Out of interest, where did you see me post the Star Wars SHA-1 before? I have no recollection of ever generating/posting that one until just now…

Star Wars Despecialized 2.7 BD50.iso

  • MD5 Checksum: FE7CDEF0D9028661CFE41F6529074762
  • SHA-1 Checksum: 217177D9982CD6B023F302C83F1DB4188AB1A3DB

The Empre Strikes Back Despecialized 2.0 BD50.iso

  • MD5 Checksum: 7F1B6B5A4FC3E49414DA6B7B83B3A39A
  • SHA-1 Checksum: E70EB6F0C4E805F3584CCDCA438A4DA4AF3E9C52

Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso

  • MD5 Checksum: 6E970F5C9A18D5B83F03710BCFC591AC
  • SHA-1 Checksum: F4275385EA7843C2289D439D7DD9BCDD96CA0F28

JEDIT: Thank you, ot2k, for confirming that my memory is clearly shot! 😉

Author
Time

When I extract a .rar set to create an iso image, I am ending up with an iso archive file rather than just an extracted iso file. Once the iso archive file is created, I am unable to open it or extract any separate iso file from that new folder. I have had this issue with both SW and ESB movie only sets so far and have used WinRAR and 7zip both to try to extract with. 7zip just comes up with an error message saying cannot extract as archive. WinRAR allows me to look inside the iso archive and navigate but nothing else. There does not appear to be an actual iso inside the archive. Only the individual .m2ts movie segments. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Author
Time

I don’t understand what you’re saying here. Isn’t an “ISO archive file” what you want? Why would you want to extract that? If you end up with an .ISO file, just burn that to disc, that’s what it’s for.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re talking about when you say “ISO archive file” - what is the file extension of this file?

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

solsticegreen said:

When I extract a .rar set to create an iso image, I am ending up with an iso archive file rather than just an extracted iso file. Once the iso archive file is created, I am unable to open it or extract any separate iso file from that new folder. I have had this issue with both SW and ESB movie only sets so far and have used WinRAR and 7zip both to try to extract with. 7zip just comes up with an error message saying cannot extract as archive. WinRAR allows me to look inside the iso archive and navigate but nothing else. There does not appear to be an actual iso inside the archive. Only the individual .m2ts movie segments. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

On a PC, the freeware program “ImgBurn” should recognise and deal with the ISO file correctly when burning to a Blu-ray disc. If you download this, just make sure you get the “no open-candy” version to avoid any unexpected extras being installed. (MajorGeeks has a safe version.)

Author
Time

Thanks. It is being created from the .rar files into an .iso archive folder rather than just an .iso file. As such, I am unable to mount and watch from a computer because there is no .iso file. Only this archive/compressed folder. ImgBurn at least recognizes the folder while other softwares do not since it is incompatible. Does that sound correct? I can try to burn with ImgBurn but don’t want to waste a disc if this isn’t correct.

Author
Time

I suspect what you have may actually be fine. My .iso files also behave a bit like archive folders when I double-click on them in Windows: I can navigate inside them as I would with a zip file. (I see a BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder at the root level.) There is no .iso file as such inside this “archive folder”, because the .iso file already is the archive folder.

What puzzles me is why you can’t mount your .iso files. Are you using Windows 10? If I right-click on one of my .iso files, the first option in the context menu is “Mount”.

Author
Time

Correct, Windows 10. If I right click on the iso archive the first option is OPEN followed by everything else you would suspect, including all zip options, but no mount option.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello,

I recently downloaded Star Wars BD25 and I mounted it on my computer to watch it before I burn it to blu-ray. Unfortunately I noticed on the menus there’s a green flickering line that runs across the entire top edge. I’m not sure which part of the process went wrong so I’m not sure how to fix the problem. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Just this morning I downloaded ROTJ and I encountered the exact same problem. Because of the consistency between the two films, I think it might be resolved once it’s burned to blu-ray. But then I also don’t want to put in the effort and money of burning it to blu-ray only to have the same green line pop up. I’m really not sure what to do now.

Another update, I downloaded TESB and got the same problem. I thought I can’t have replicated the exact same mistake 3 times in a row so I figured it must be a problem with either VLC Media Player or my laptop. I moved ROTJ over to my parents laptop and it played perfectly. I assume the other 2 will work fine as well.

I think I’m going to leave this post up so if anyone encounters the same problem then they can see this and hopefully fix it.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

SirGnomes said:

Hello,

I recently downloaded Star Wars BD25 and I mounted it on my computer to watch it before I burn it to blu-ray. Unfortunately I noticed on the menus there’s a green flickering line that runs across the entire top edge. I’m not sure which part of the process went wrong so I’m not sure how to fix the problem. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Just this morning I downloaded ROTJ and I encountered the exact same problem. Because of the consistency between the two films, I think it might be resolved once it’s burned to blu-ray. But then I also don’t want to put in the effort and money of burning it to blu-ray only to have the same green line pop up. I’m really not sure what to do now.

Another update, I downloaded TESB and got the same problem. I thought I can’t have replicated the exact same mistake 3 times in a row so I figured it must be a problem with either VLC Media Player or my laptop. I moved ROTJ over to my parents laptop and it played perfectly. I assume the other 2 will work fine as well.

I think I’m going to leave this post up so if anyone encounters the same problem then they can see this and hopefully fix it.

I remember having a similar problem a couple of years back… I think I corrected it by:-

Open the vlc media player, then click on ‘Tools’, then click on ‘Preferences’, and then click on the ‘Video’ icon.

Change the output from Automatic to Open GL video output, and then click Save.

(I think I may have had a play around with the ‘dropdown’ menu options below the ‘Automatic’ setting… to find which worked the best for me (for me, it was ‘Open GL video’ option).

Media Player Classic is a decent and free alternative to VLC player - it may be worth trying too.
 

Good luck with it mate - I hope it works.
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing.
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info