Sign In

Most Dissapointing Aspect of Sequel Trilogy? Most Satisfying? — Page 8

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sad, confused, angry. No reason it can’t be all of them.

NeverarGreat said:

Maybe we’re seeing TFA Luke from Rey’s perspective, whereas TLJ is from Luke’s perspective.

Yeah I think I’ve even said something similar before.

Author
Time

So in a few seconds he used his Force powers to dye his hair?

Author
Time

He uses Force projected hair.

“I have to say that I felt George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters.” - James Cameron about Episode VII.

Author
Time

GZK8000 said:

So in a few seconds he used his Force powers to dye his hair?

I think that’s just due to the fact that it was overcast while filming the TFA scene, but sunny while filming the TLJ scene.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ray_afraid said:

ChainsawAsh said:

GZK8000 said:

So in a few seconds he used his Force powers to dye his hair?

I think that’s just due to the fact that it was overcast while filming the TFA scene, but sunny while filming the TLJ scene.

So in a few seconds he used his Force powers to change the weather?
Probably for comedic effect.

I mean, if you need to come up with an in-universe explanation for a very minor issue brought on by the realities of production, then sure.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

pittrek said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

pittrek said:

  • the look. After seeing a trilogy filled with green screen footage poorly composited over CGI backgrounds it was a PLEASURE to watch real sets, real locations, real props etc.

You do realize practically all the backgrounds that are composited into the Prequels are miniatures.

Except that’s not true. Episode 1 used miniatures for the spaceships and some of the backgrounds, all of the space footage was CGI in episodes 2 and 3, and almost all of the surroundings, with a few exceptions.

I meant aside from space. Just about everything else location-wise (AFAIK) was built either in life-size or in miniature form. Felucia, Mustafar, Geonosis, Kamino, all of that’s real. It’s true real. All of it.

chyron8472 said:

Why guess how old Frink is when it’s easier just to say he’s a crotchety old man?

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Geonosis is the only one of those I remember being real.

Mustafar wasn’t just a miniature either. It features footage of an actual volcanic eruption. Mt. Etna chose the right time to erupt.

chyron8472 said:

Why guess how old Frink is when it’s easier just to say he’s a crotchety old man?

Author
Time

Mustafar looked mostly okay. If the prequels had told their story effectively then the effects would be forgivable. There are some really crappy effects in Return of the Jedi but the movie is interesting so it’s okay.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

Mustafar looked mostly okay. If the prequels had told their story effectively then the effects would be forgivable. There are some really crappy effects in Return of the Jedi but the movie is interesting so it’s okay.

I’d take RotS over RotJ any day, but I realize I’m in the minority here.

chyron8472 said:

Why guess how old Frink is when it’s easier just to say he’s a crotchety old man?

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Mustafar looked mostly okay. If the prequels had told their story effectively then the effects would be forgivable. There are some really crappy effects in Return of the Jedi but the movie is interesting so it’s okay.

I’d take RotS over RotJ any day, but I realize I’m in the minority here.

Not sure I’d say the same but I think they are closer in quality than most think. RoTJ is just a very mediocre movie at the core with some standout moments.

Visually it is miles ahead of Revenge of the Sith. Your in a forest for half the movie and it’s nice that it actually feels that way!

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Possessed said:

It’s only beautiful because you’re so in love.

[throws up]

If you thought that line was bad, might I remind you of “Love won’t save you. Only my new powers can do that.”

chyron8472 said:

Why guess how old Frink is when it’s easier just to say he’s a crotchety old man?

Author
Time

The sad part about that is it actually would have been (in my opinion) quite powerful if he had just said “Love won’t save you” and just left it at that.

Support my bandcamp page! https://jacobmartin2.bandcamp.com/

The cat in question