Sign In

Linda Hamilton Returns To Terminator - New Film A Direct Sequel To Judgement Day

Author
Time

Whatever. Just fucking rerelease T1 with the fucking mono track.

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Author
Time

What is wrong with the sound track it has now?


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL LII CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time

Warbler said:

What is wrong with the sound track it has now?

It’s a remix. There’s no excuse for the mono track not being on the damn disc.

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Author
Time

JayArgonaut said:

Cameron and Miller discuss further details from the reboot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-O7CVnqA0&t=632s

Thanks for posting that - a quality watch and re-assuring to see how they have both approached this new film.

Looking forward to seeing more about it - and eventually the film itself 😃

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

Mike O said:

Warbler said:

What is wrong with the sound track it has now?

It’s a remix. There’s no excuse for the mono track not being on the damn disc.

I agree that it would be nice to include the original mono track on the disc, but this is the kind of purism that strikes me as being purist for the sake of being purist. Films have remixed soundtracks in order for the best audio quality possible. It’s not even something new either. Unless there are obnoxious changes to dialogue and sound effects, then I don’t get why this is something to be outraged about.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

But there are obnoxious changes to sound effects.

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

I don’t understand the point of your post in that case…

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

My point was that he seemed more hung up on the fact that a remix was included instead of the original mono when almost all older films today are not screened with their original mono tracks and almost nobody (including on this forum) notices or cares. It looked like selective purist stuff which tends to irritate me.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

My point was that he seemed more hung up on the fact that a remix was included instead of the original mono when almost all older films today are not screened with their original mono tracks and almost nobody (including on this forum) notices or cares. It looked like selective purist stuff which tends to irritate me.

I don’t know if that’s true; aren’t there a number of fan audio preservations?

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Author
Time

oojason said:

Thanks for posting that - a quality watch and re-assuring to see how they have both approached this new film.

Looking forward to seeing more about it - and eventually the film itself 😃

You’re welcome, me too! Especially after seeing T2 at the BFI IMAX not too long ago. 😃

RayRogers said:

It’s Judgment Day, not Judgement Day.

You posted, just for that?

Anyway, not everyone in the world uses the same spellings for English words as North Americans. (Cue a tirade from R.R. along the lines of, “Damn you! It’s how the freaking film title is spelled!” etc.)

“Logic is the battlefield of adulthood.”

  • Howard Berk
Author
Time

Can the mods just combine them?

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Author
Time

JayArgonaut said:

Anyway, not everyone in the world uses the same spellings for English words as North Americans. (Cue a tirade from R.R. along the lines of, “Damn you! It’s how the freaking film title is spelled!” etc.)

True…but in this case, is the spelling variant actually used in the movie title?

Author
Time

Thread merge is offline

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

^NO, DON’T LISTEN TO ENDER, HE MADE AN EDIT AND HE DIDN’T FIX IT FOR ME HE BROKE IT FOR EVERYONE!!!

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

JayArgonaut said:

Anyway, not everyone in the world uses the same spellings for English words as North Americans. (Cue a tirade from R.R. along the lines of, “Damn you! It’s how the freaking film title is spelled!” etc.)

True…but in this case, is the spelling variant actually used in the movie title?

No, hence me predicting a tirade from the person in question. 😃

“Logic is the battlefield of adulthood.”

  • Howard Berk
Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV’s Frink said:

True…but in this case, is the spelling variant actually used in the movie title?

I completely forgot about this…

^ from https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/terminator-2-judgement-day-blu-ray-bilingual/6000187756219

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Cameron’s Canadian. Canadians spell “judgement” with the “E”. He, like Alanis Morissette, are both nation traitors.

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time

I’m pretty loyal to American grammar rules, but I had no idea it was spelled “judgment” here.