Sign In

Last Movie Not Seen — Page 3

Author
Time

Why would Handman give Anthony Michael Hall his panties?

Author
Time

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

Avengers Infinity War
Solo a Solo Story
Black Panther

The blue elephant in the room.

Author
Time

I like the irony of your post.

The blue elephant in the room.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Well ok, I’ll use it my own way too then.

Alien Covenant…I’ve seen one hour so far. I really liked Prometheus, and one of the reasons was the strong cast. This cast is terrible so far. Bland as all get out.

Author
Time

I gladly take credit for motivating one of your most on-topic and substantive posts.

I’ll add A:C to my list of unseen movies.

The blue elephant in the room.

Author
Time

Mrebo said:

I gladly take credit for motivating one of your most on-topic and substantive posts.

You should also take credit for hyperbole and ignoring post history.

Author
Time

Mrebo said:

I gladly take credit for motivating one of your most on-topic and substantive posts.

Hardly, but I always say, grab whatever credit you can!

Author
Time

dahmage said:

Mrebo said:

I gladly take credit for motivating one of your most on-topic and substantive posts.

Hardly, but I always say, grab whatever credit you can!

When the fuck have you ever said that. What an edgelord

Author
Time

Possessed said:

dahmage said:

Mrebo said:

I gladly take credit for motivating one of your most on-topic and substantive posts.

Hardly, but I always say, grab whatever credit you can!

When the fuck have you ever said that. What an edgelord

I have said it all the time in the elite threads. Shame you never heard.

Author
Time

Ugh. Me and a friend got about 25 mins. in and agreed it sucked and turned it off. Between the consistently nonsensical plot to the unfunny strings of jokes, the weird vocal and visual product placement and Jim Carrey being a douchebag… sure, I wasn’t expecting much, but this movie made the Detective Pikachu movie from last year look like Citizen Kane. And to think there were glowing reviews of this movie, stating things like “Jim Carrey is an absolut delight!”… MY ASS. Seriously, F this movie.

Author
Time

darth-gary said:

Ugh. Me and a friend got about 25 mins. in and agreed it sucked and turned it off. Between the consistently nonsensical plot to the unfunny strings of jokes, the weird vocal and visual product placement and Jim Carrey being a douchebag… sure, I wasn’t expecting much, but this movie made the Detective Pikachu movie from last year look like Citizen Kane. And to think there were glowing reviews of this movie, stating things like “Jim Carrey is an absolut delight!”… MY ASS. Seriously, F this movie.

I don’t know, I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was. It was definitely better than Detective Pikachu. Still would rather have a 2D animated movie based on the original games though.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Dek Rollins said:

I don’t know, I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was. It was definitely better than Detective Pikachu. Still would rather have a 2D animated movie based on the original games though.

Fair enough, I’ll agree to disagree; though I can’t help but feel like the movie would’ve worked better (for me, anyway) grounded in Sonic’s world rather than Earth. In fact a friend was telling me that the post credits scenes suggest that the next film will probably take place in Sonic’s world, which I might be down for, if they at least tone down Sonic being generally annoying. The only character I found mildly interesting was the old man who was trying to prove the existence of the “blue devil”.

Author
Time

darth-gary said:

Dek Rollins said:

I don’t know, I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was. It was definitely better than Detective Pikachu. Still would rather have a 2D animated movie based on the original games though.

Fair enough, I’ll agree to disagree; though I can’t help but feel like the movie would’ve worked better (for me, anyway) grounded in Sonic’s world rather than Earth. In fact a friend was telling me that the post credits scenes suggest that the next film will probably take place in Sonic’s world, which I might be down for, if they at least tone down Sonic being generally annoying. The only character I found mildly interesting was the old man who was trying to prove the existence of the “blue devil”.

Being able to form some sort of connection to Sonic’s character is a big reason the movie was so enjoyable for me at least. I was fond of pretty much all the characters, nobody in particular made me annoyed or bored. I found the whole story interesting enough to be invested.

The only things that actually bug me are some of the fart/poopy jokes (there aren’t even that many thankfully), the flossing, and the Zillow product placement.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.