Here is the updated list of changes on my edit:
1.First of all, I did some color correction on the film as a whole. MUCH less green tint to everything and less bloom lighting. IOW, doesn’t look like a Barbara Walters interview anymore.
2. Increased volume of guns when Russians shoot guards.
3. Used the “not as easy as it used to be” line from the trailer.
4. Cut Indy going cross eyed. Now we see Spalko put her hand to his head, but she goes right into you’re a hard man to read Dr. Jones. No use getting the move off to an awkward start.
5. Made the bit where Spalko draws her sword on Indy less awkward – the way she cut Indy’s dialog off when she drew her sword and said you will help us find it always bugged me.
6. Magnetic gunpowder – I cut down on the amount of magic CGI gunpowder we see floating around the warehouse. Now Indy throws it, we see it drift in a certain direction (clear enough to follow), then we cut right to the group walking down the aisle. In fact, made little snips here and there to make the warehouse move a BIT quicker.
7. Cut Spalko asking what the point of this was. Seriously Spalko? You Indy JUST explained it to you. Now she just says don’t toy with me Dr. Jones. Works much better.
8. Cut the peek at the alien. We see the container opening. We see everyone looking wowed, but not EXACLTY what it is that’s in there.
9. Cut Indy saying “after all that time we spent spying blah blah blah. Now he just says thought we were friends mac.
10. Toyed with the “damn I thought that was closer” line. Trying to overlap it so that he says the last few words of the sentence AS we see the soldier get knocked out of the truck.
11. Minor fix makes Indy’s jeep burst through the crates more suddenly so that the group of soldiers don’t appear to be just standing there waiting on it.
12. Increase volume of soldiers screaming as they get torched by the rocket sled.
13. Cut Indy falling off sled. Now he just grabs his hat and hides.
14. Cut the prairie dogs from the rocket sled sequence.
15. Cut Indy saying Woa. When he realizes the people on the couch are dummies.
16. Cut one of the “That can’t be goods” in Doom town.
17. Cut Indy saying “Fine then don’t wait for me” as he attempts to catch the soldiers’ fleeing car on foot in doomtown.
18. Cut some of the fridge bouncing to TRY to make it a BIT more believable that he could survive the trip in the fridge. (I know I know, but I at least tried)
19. increased the time it takes for Indy to open the fridge door. So it APPEARS that he is pretty messed up in there.
20. Indy doesn’t see a prairie dog after he rolls out of fridge.
21. Made FBI scene less redundant.
22. Laser over at OT also did a great photo swap on the pictures of Henry Sr. and Marcus so I will use this as well with his permission.
23. Cut Indy saying It’s Just a story to Mutt about the skull and Cut him acting like the skull doesn’t exist. This helps Indy’s motivation for going in the first place.
24. In the sanitarium, I cut the second shot of the weird inmate reaching for Mutt. One was enough and the guy looks too much like Sean Patrick Flannery.
25. Cut Indy saying This Way Up when Indy helps Mutt to his feet.
26. I think it was Marion at OT who added gunfire to Indy’s pistol in the cemetery fight scene. I wanted to use this but the formats are different.
27. Also, I’m cutting back on the acrobatics of the fight to give it all more immediacy and brutality if possible.
28. Cutting the silly noises the little guys make also. Especially when Indy blows the dart back into the baddy’s throat.
29. Cut the dance on your own time line.
30. Cut the “what ifs” given by Indy and Mutt after they find the skull. Now the scene ends with Indy asking “What IS this thing?” Then we see the two emerge from the tomb and run into Mac and Dovchenko.
30. Cut any and all clear and direct shots of the alien corpses. Now they are only seen behind the cloth. Cut a bit of the repetitive dialog here as well so it moves a bit more quickly.
31. Cut OX’s STUPID dancing by the fire and twirling the cane shit. Now they push him into the tent seemingly into Indy who grabs Ox by the wrist to tell him who he is. We do still hear Ox babbling so Indy can tell the dude is messed up.
32. Cut the AWKWARD Indy head spasms as he get hypnotized by the skull.
33. Cut Ox saying three times it drops (since it does not in fact drop three times now.)
34. Cut the “or have you retired from Marion’s “you still leaving a trail of wreckage…” to Indy. Just works better.
35. Cut Indy saying good when Spalko figures out one of the ideograms. Why the F is he complimenting her?!
36. Cut the science lesson from Indy in the quicksand.
37. Now Indy tells Ox to HELP instead of GO GET HELP (from who exactly Indy?) Now when Ox runs off its kinda funny. AND when he returns with the commies it’s funny too.
38. Cut Indy insisting Mutt and Marion call the snake a rope. Now he just finally decides to gab it.
39. Cut Indy’s pants ripping and Mutt saying Oh Shit in the truck.
40. Cut one of Mutt’s kicks to Dovchenko. So Indy plays more of a role knocking him out.
41. Cut down on the Doe eyes Marion gives after Indy climbs out of the truck.
42. Cut Ox saying Henry Jones JR! before the jungle chase. Idiot. TO do this I had to reorder the shots a bit, but it works fine. That line Had to go.
43. Cut “HI MAC! “ So that now Indy just punches Mac.
44. Cut Marion getting hit by the branches while driving AND cut the Mutt crotch shots.
45. Cut the number of Spalko punches to Mutt (silly) and the kicks it takes to knock Mutt back.
46. Mutt sees only one monkey now.
47. Increased immediacy of Indy’s jeep on the edge of cliff and Spalko threatening him and Mutt spying the chase from the trees. Flows much better now.
48. Cut monkeys attacking Spalko of course.
49. Cut Mutt’s Woa. Now just Indy says it.
50. Cut the truck landing in the tree bit. Now it just goes right into the water. They climb back in. Rapids take them over the falls. They all fall out. Crawl to shore.
51. Cut most of Marion laughing with the steering wheel.
52. Now Mutt says they have to go through waterfall Skull and we cut away with Indy looking at the skull entrance. This whole things works better now.
53. Cut Indy saying the skull tells him to return it. Jesus.
54. Reorganized the obelisk puzzle so that Indy now appears to be the one to figure it out. Did this by cutting Indy asking Ox what he’s doing, what he’s looking for, well done, etc.
55. Cut the awkward double shot of the gang falling/jumping from the stairs booby trap. Now they just fall once. Sloppy editing Steve.
56. Cut Indy asking Ox for the skull (I’ll give it back I promise) bleh. Now Indy just takes it.
57. CLIMAX - ????? We’ll see…
58. Made the water bit more immediate also. Now the water appears right at their feet, hits em quick and fires them upward. Less of the fun WEEEE!!! Feeling.
59. Cut the second time Indy says knowledge was their treasure. We get it.
60. Cut Indy saying why don’t you stick around and Mutt saying In don’t know why didn’t you dad? Now Indy says Somehwere your Grandpa is laughing right after Mutt says he’s walking off – so it looks like Grandpa would be laughing at Indy having to raise such a head strong son like he did.
61. Cut SOME of the UFO. Now it leaves a bit more to the imagination.
62. Wedding has just music. No dialog. And I cut it down some as well.