So, either the "newsreel" footage, which won't necessarily be newsreel footage, but a mix of historical and disturbing footage...OR we've got the twelve skeletons circling her causing her to explode...OR just a simple (yet slighly less-satisfying) edit of the original version that is somewhat alien-free. Those are our best options so far.
Still waiting for this miracle bomb Imperial Fighter keeps threatening to drop...Better be good. LOL! ;-)
"I want to know....I want to know....tell me....I'm ready....I want to know! "
Hmmm, looking back at my recent posts, and catching up with those of others since I last found time, it seems some expectations have built-up a little unrealistically recently, compared to what I ACTUALLY said I hoped to show here eventually, lol.
I don't recall promising a miraculous way to perfect the end this movie....but merely hoped to describe a few possibilities on how I'd 're-arrange' / 'snip' certain things in a way that would certainly improve it for myself personally, and that some others might like too. After all, I also said that I was ONLY going to use un-enhanced, existing footage as the basis for these possibilities....to show an alternative re-working of what's already available. I don't claim it will be the DEFINATIVE alternative ending, but it will be ANOTHER alternative ending to consider. I can say that I'm very pleased with how a couple of things especially seem to have worked out with the existing footage though. Still, there's only so much that can be done using the original material to begin with.
These descriptions WILL retain a lot of the existing footage, including the 'alien' footage (I've got plenty to say about that however), but I'm 're-ordering' certain things to give a different 'pacing' and 'juxtposition' of shots throughout the overall climax of the movie. (I'm going to show my own preferred alternative 'intro' for the movie at the same time too)
Unfortunately, it's proving to be a very time-consuming post to get these ideas up here, as the existing footage available has proved to be complicated to re-arrange in some places, and I have to describe some MORE shots yet to doubleofive who is organising them for me. (He has sent me about 50 so far to do with all this, the majority of which require descriptive details of some sort worked around them!) However, I'm trying to get it all done as soon as is possible for those interersted, and should hopefully be wrapped-up within the next few days.
In the meantime, it's been of great interest to see the other ending alternatives being considered at the moment.
Oh, and that's some terrific work there, by the way HeKs.