So here’s my take on th film which is a true fan-editor’s dream come true.
First of all, I’ve reframed whole thing to widescreen, but not standard 1.78:1 which would be too easy 😉
Here’s the trailer:
and the current list of cuts/edits:
- edit opens with Lois visiting Superman memorial place, some flashbacks to Superman’s death occurs
- then Wonder Woman’s introduction - bank scene (ZSJL version, with some few shots from theatrical added, and some little cuts, ends with similar fashion like theatrical cut), cuts to…
- Themyscira - motherbox awakens / Opening Credits
- after the credits Steppenwolf arrives / Amazon battle occurs (ZSJL version)
- Flash introduction - Iris scene, a little shortened
- Steppenwolf startinng to build his fortress, sends parademons to search for motherboxes
- Batman on the roof scene from Theatrical, but Bruce doesn’t talk with the burglar at all. Alfred says “What the hell”, Bruce responds “the scout”, Alfred says “It’s time then”. No image of motherboxes on the wall.
- Silas leaving labs, janitor abducted as in ZSJL
- arrow scene
- Tomb Raider scene cut
- then Silas talking about the kidnapping, scene starts with “eight people never sign off”, he comes back home
- Steppenwolf talk with De Saad.
- history leeson, no mention of anti-life equation
- after that, Bruce starts to search for Arthur…
- Bruce meets Arthur, song shortened no sweater sniffing
- Martha mourning
- Bruce & Alfred conversation by the helicopter
- Steppenwolf interrogating atlantean soldier CUT
- Bruce & Alfred in plane - ZSJL version shortened, Alfred has no doubts as he already seen parademon
- Fisherman rescue, meeting with Vulko
- Bruce & Diana making plans
- Cyborg origin with few cuts (hacking college computer, destroying tape recorder - it won’t be relevant later).
- Diana & Alfred (no tea, added a little bit from TC)
- Diana meets Cyborg and until Mera & Aquaman scene everything like in ZSJL, then line “my parents died in a war” changed to theatrical version
- beginning of chapter 4 replaced with Theatrical version up until the team reaches stairs and the bridge, because I prefer theatrical music, and it’s a little shorter.
- theatrical version of sword scene (intertwined with ZSJL to have proper Steppenwolf), Wondy kills parademon during landing
- starting from Aquaman appearance, theatrical version of escape from the tunnel + additional scene with Gordon from TC
- ZSJL version of discussion about reviving Supes
- Martian Manhunter deleted, obviously
- Steppenwolf/Desaad/Darkseid scene CUT
- shortened sequence after exhumation (part ZSJL, part TC).
- Cyborg’s vision during Supes resurrection CUT
- pregnancy test CUT
- TC version of Supes vs Flash
- Quarantine scenes with Silas CUT
- Bruce talking about his nightmares CUT
- “It wants to fly” subplot CUT
- final battle ZSJL almost complete, minus “Kal-El” line.
- Darkseid does not say a word, just walk away silently
- Aquaman epilogue scene intact, after that theatrical epilogue with Cyborg’s scene from ZSJL epilogue.
- end credits
- post credits scene - Flash & Supes race.
Total running time 194 minutes (Titanic runtime, works for me). 195 after adding opening logos.\