Sign In

Jaws the Revenge: Off the Cutting Room Floor Preservation (Released) — Page 2

Author
Time
 (Edited)

the movie was shown not so long ago on german tv in hd. and yes, it was real hd. sorry, i didn't cap it.

Author
Time

Hey JawsTDS,

When are you going to upload the project to MySpleen?

Author
Time

JawsTDS has very kindly supplied me with both TV airings and I'm currently in the process of making my own composite cut. If anyone still wants this, I'll upload it to MySpleen once it's complete.

Author
Time

digitalfreaknyc said:

I'd be interested.

Just some info on the project: this will be in 2.35:1, and will be a combination between mainly AMC and GoodTimes footage. I'm thinking about making this two discs, as I've got a ton of special features (documentary, production stills, score, TV spots, trailers, etc).

Jake will die in this edit, as I've hated the crappy ending pasted onto every home video release where he survives despite having been devoured by the shark.

BTW digitalfreak, I wanted to let you know that I've always loved your documentary DVDs, however some are missing on MySpleen. Where would I be able to download them?

Author
Time

I'm curious - is the Universal DVD open matte?  I have that one, and there are plenty of shark mechanics that are plainly visible.  Is this the same open matte version that the BBC aired, or does that version feature even *more* exposed shark mechanics?

That’s impossible, even for a computer.

Author
Time

So, the uncut version would've saved this movie!?

Ol’ George has the GOUT, I see.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

No, the movie is still monstrously bad, but I believe that the deleted scenes make it slightly more watchable. At least the shark doesn't spontaneously combust in this version!

The BBC version has a lot more shots showing the mechanics. Throughout the scene where the shark attacks Michael's submarine, one can clearly see a hole under the shark. In the chase sequence after that, there is a crane supporting the puppet as it swims towards the wreck. It baffles me that someone could think about showing that version to the public!

I'll include the open matte sequences on the second disc as a bonus feature.

Author
Time

I regret to inform everyone that this project has been abandoned. Work has really been piling up over the last few weeks, and I simply don't have the time to do this preservation. Maybe someday I'll restart my work, but for the moment nothing is planned.

Author
Time

JupePeteBob said:

No, the movie is still monstrously bad, but I believe that the deleted scenes make it slightly more watchable. At least the shark doesn't spontaneously combust in this version!

The BBC version has a lot more shots showing the mechanics. Throughout the scene where the shark attacks Michael's submarine, one can clearly see a hole under the shark. In the chase sequence after that, there is a crane supporting the puppet as it swims towards the wreck. It baffles me that someone could think about showing that version to the public!

I'll include the open matte sequences on the second disc as a bonus feature.

Just like in the Steve Martin movie "The Pink Panther": bike + hot dog stand = explosion.

Sorry to hear about the project being cancelled. Jaws: The Revenge is kind of like Star Wars. In the aspect of the original uncut versions never being officially released.

Favorite Star Wars Films In Order: 546312

Website: (coming Soon)

"You can't just magically extract something after it's been mixed. It's like trying to remove the egg from a baked cake"

My Current Project: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Star-Wars-The-Lost-Cut-Reconstruction-Project/topic/16539/

Author
Time

Any chance of getting this resurrected?  I'd love to see a cut of this!

Author
Time

I actually just recently discovered a German HDTV rip of the Theatrical Cut. While there is a logo embedded on the top left side of the image, it is still sufficient for use. Might be going back to the drawing board with this.

“That said, there is nothing wrong with mocking prequel lovers and belittling their bad taste.” - Alderaan, 2017

MGGA (Make GOUT Great Again):
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Return-of-the-GOUT-Preservation-and-Restoration/id/55707

Author
Time

Jaws the Revenge will be shown on IFC (a sister channel of AMC) on Friday, Aug. 14 at 4:15 PM ET 

I don't know if this is the TV version.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Question regarding the AR: Was the Super35 ratio Academy or 1.66.1 hard matte? I remember the flashback scene from the 1st jaws being in cropped 1.85:1 on the full frame VHS I used to watch, which leaves me to believe if other shots (SFX or flashback) were in different ARs.

Author
Time

JawsTDS said:


I actually just recently discovered a German HDTV rip of the Theatrical Cut. While there is a logo embedded on the top left side of the image, it is still sufficient for use. Might be going back to the drawing board with this.


Do you have an HD capture?

Author
Time

digitalfreaknyc said:

JawsTDS said:


I actually just recently discovered a German HDTV rip of the Theatrical Cut. While there is a logo embedded on the top left side of the image, it is still sufficient for use. Might be going back to the drawing board with this.



Do you have an HD capture?

 Yes. It's 720p and has a logo, but it's the best version out there.

“That said, there is nothing wrong with mocking prequel lovers and belittling their bad taste.” - Alderaan, 2017

MGGA (Make GOUT Great Again):
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Return-of-the-GOUT-Preservation-and-Restoration/id/55707

Author
Time

Hi everyone. A french fan of THE JAWS THE REVNEGE here. I was wondering if there was any news regarding this uncut project? I have never heard of this AMC showing in 2004 and was curious if that was a workprint a true print before some editing process?
Here in France we had the theatrical version.
The movie was nevertheless quite successful, almost 900 000 tickets sold during its theatrical release
Some friend has tracked a 35mm (french dubbing , alas) print and preparing a sprecial screening, along other gems. If anaybody has a way of finding some missing elements, that owuld help a lot to make this screening a spoeciual one!
Thanks!

Author
Time

Please let us know if you have completed this project, there are MANY of us who would like to see this, and which ending will/would/are/have you used/using?

Author
Time

A potential heads up. ITV4 (UK/Europe) are screening J.T.R on Xmas day. I don’t know what version they’ll show or whether it will be even shown in the OAR but it might be worth checking out. I’d record it but only the SD channel is available on my lineup. Perhaps those with access to DVB-S2 or DVB-C2 could grab the HD broadcast?

“Logic is the battlefield of adulthood.”

  • Howard Berk
Author
Time

Guys heads up I found out that the version on Netflix is the theatrical version and is also available in HD

“I will call this one BOHIJ”
-Chris O’Neil

“Heh Funnie Scream”
-The Boys From Oneyplays