Sign In

Jaws: The Revenge | Theatrical Cut Reconstruction - HD (Released) — Page 4

Author
Time

Cj6543 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Apparently all 4 are coming back to Netflix next month. Assuming 4 is the theatrical cut, I’ll capture it and upload.

It is!!! I just looked it up and it has Jakes uncut death and the original ending!!!

Yeah I checked it last night. I’ll grab it and upload to the usual place. Should’t take too long at all.

Author
Time

digitalfreaknyc said:

Cj6543 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Apparently all 4 are coming back to Netflix next month. Assuming 4 is the theatrical cut, I’ll capture it and upload.

It is!!! I just looked it up and it has Jakes uncut death and the original ending!!!

Yeah I checked it last night. I’ll grab it and upload to the usual place. Should’t take too long at all.

To MySpleen correct?

I’ve always wanted to make love to an angry welder, I’ve dreamed of nothing else since I was a small boy.

Author
Time

Cj6543 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Cj6543 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Apparently all 4 are coming back to Netflix next month. Assuming 4 is the theatrical cut, I’ll capture it and upload.

It is!!! I just looked it up and it has Jakes uncut death and the original ending!!!

Yeah I checked it last night. I’ll grab it and upload to the usual place. Should’t take too long at all.

To MySpleen correct?

Were you able to capture it?

I’ve always wanted to make love to an angry welder, I’ve dreamed of nothing else since I was a small boy.

Author
Time

Was about to capture the theatrical cut off of Netflix, only to see that it is no longer available. Has anybody managed to get a HD copy of the theatrical cut sans TV logos? If so could someone please PM me a link?

Thanks

Author
Time

Cj6543 said:

Cj6543 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Cj6543 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

Apparently all 4 are coming back to Netflix next month. Assuming 4 is the theatrical cut, I’ll capture it and upload.

It is!!! I just looked it up and it has Jakes uncut death and the original ending!!!

Yeah I checked it last night. I’ll grab it and upload to the usual place. Should’t take too long at all.

To MySpleen correct?

Were you able to capture it?

Yep. Just haven’t done the edit yet.

Author
Time

I’ve been working on this the last couple of days in my spare time and I have a problem. The mix in the blu-ray is awful. It’s just got a ton of reverb on it.

I’m going to have to try and get a copy of the Japanese laserdisc if I want a (mostly) digital lossless version of the soundtrack that’s not echoed to Hell to make a fake 5.1 track OR wait until it comes on Netflix again and capture a lossy version that way.

Anyone have that Japanese disc?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I don’t, but I do have the 2003 Universal and 1999 GoodTimes discs. They are both AC-3 192KBPS, but they are faithful to the original mix, whereas the Blu-ray isn’t. The GoodTimes disc also has an extended sequence from the theatrical cut just before the shark’s demise. This sequence is not present on the Blu-ray or Unviersal DVD.

“That said, there is nothing wrong with mocking prequel lovers and belittling their bad taste.” - Alderaan, 2017

MGGA (Make GOUT Great Again):
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Return-of-the-GOUT-Preservation-and-Restoration/id/55707

Author
Time
 (Edited)

JawsTDS said:

The GoodTimes disc also has an extended sequence from the theatrical cut just before the shark’s demise. This sequence is not present on the Blu-ray or Unviersal DVD.

I wasn’t aware of this and I have both DVDs (3 if you count the double feature disc with Jaws 3 in the sequels DVD set from a few years ago). Guess I’ll have to recheck those discs.

Author
Time

JawsTDS said:

I don’t, but I do have the 2003 Universal and 1999 GoodTimes discs. They are both AC-3 192KBPS, but they are faithful to the original mix, whereas the Blu-ray isn’t. The GoodTimes disc also has an extended sequence from the theatrical cut just before the shark’s demise. This sequence is not present on the Blu-ray or Unviersal DVD.

I would think the Netflix encode would be higher quality but thank you.

What do you mean about the extended sequence from the Goodtimes disc?

Author
Time

I’d imagine that the Netflix stream would be AAC, which would be inferior to AC3, unless I’m mistaken.

Starting at 1:20, there’s a comparison between the Blu-ray and the German HDTV version, which contains the same footage found on the Goodtimes DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSZ0PTriHA&t=29s

“That said, there is nothing wrong with mocking prequel lovers and belittling their bad taste.” - Alderaan, 2017

MGGA (Make GOUT Great Again):
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Return-of-the-GOUT-Preservation-and-Restoration/id/55707

Author
Time

JawsTDS said:

I’d imagine that the Netflix stream would be AAC, which would be inferior to AC3, unless I’m mistaken.

Starting at 1:20, there’s a comparison between the Blu-ray and the German HDTV version, which contains the same footage found on the Goodtimes DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSZ0PTriHA&t=29s

Ahh. Ok. But it’s from the theatrical version. Sort of a Frankenstein edit.

I dunno what the encoding is on Netflix. I can check to see how the compression from the one I recorded stands up next to the ac3 from the Blu-ray ending

Author
Time

Interestingly enough when the movie was on Netflix it used the original theatrical ending instead of the explosion ending. Forgot if it had these sequences intact though but most likely it did.

Raccoons

Author
Time

SpacemanDoug said:

Interestingly enough when the movie was on Netflix it used the original theatrical ending instead of the explosion ending. Forgot if it had these sequences intact though but most likely it did.

I’m guessing you didn’t read through this thread 😉

Author
Time

Yes! Thank you so much for this

I’ve always wanted to make love to an angry welder, I’ve dreamed of nothing else since I was a small boy.

Author
Time

Yo so is this the same as your off the cutting room floor version? and what endings does this one use?