the 1:33:1 of the criterion is closer to the o-neg ratio.
the criterion release has these features not found on the later dvd release which was not from criterion:
* Audio commentary by Ray Harryhausen and film historian Bruce Eder
* Animation tests from The Elementals, an unfinished Harryhausen film
* Theatrical trailers for Jason and the Argonauts and four other Harryhausen films
* Storyboards, sketches, lobby cards, casting notes and memos on deleted scenes
* Inside peeks at creating the special effects for the famous "Skeleton" and "Hydra" sequences.
* Exclusive close-up photos of Harryhausen models
this info comes straight form the criterion jacket insert according to laserdisc database:
About the transfer:
This exclusive new digital film to tape transfer was made from the best elements of the two existing archival interpositives. Ray Harryhausen was consulted during the transfer on how each scene should appear. For this edition Criterion has presented Jason in it's original 1.33:1 full frame aspect ratio.
also the final side was in CAV full feature instead of clv allowing still frame.
“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.