Sign In

Jabba's Fat Dancer...

Author
Time

I feel like a lot of things that I've read make that fat dancer Jabba had seem like she was a victim of circumstance, and really quite a "good" person.  However, in the films she is portrayed as anything BUT a victim.  She's shown flirting with various members of the court, and she smiles and points while that green dancer begs for her life...Then she is the first one mocking and laughing from above when that slave finally gets dumped for trying to get away.  Seems like she was quite the opposite of a victim.  Seemed like she fit right in with Jabba's lot. 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The sheer awesomeness of this thread needs to be celebrated with an equally awesome pic!

I just found this one after searching for "ballerina" in google ;)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Insanely enough I think I know that artist (Botero).  And she does have a slight resemblance to the one in this thread, nice work :)  Even she looks a little more pleasant though than Jabba's whale of a woman. 

Author
Time

Jabba does like them big and plumpy. ;)

One could argue that she's suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, in which a captive begins to sympathize and identify with their captors. Or else she's a victim of Lucasfilm's desire to give every freaking background character a backstory.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

she's a victim of Lucasfilm's desire to give every freaking background character a backstory.

Quoted for truth and also to thank you for my new user title.

Now, I seem to remember that she wasn't a fat dancer, she just had 6 breasts! A fact that I can't find on the Wookiepedia! That's twice as many as the woman from Total Recal.

PS: I never thought I'd ever have to search for "6 breasted woman" on Google!

Your brain just makes s**t up!

A fate worse than death? Having your head digitally replaced with that of Hayden Christensen!

Author
Time

If we were to follow the EU by the time Luke got into Jabba's Palace in ROTJ, Jabba should have been dead already. It seems everyone in there wanted him dead.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Claire Davenport (24 April 1933 – 4 March 2002) (To cut down on special effects Claire didn't require a prosthetic fat-suit)

J

Author
Time

Her name was Claire?

...

Hello, Breakfast Club.

Author
Time

hezekiaah said:

I feel like a lot of things that I've read make that fat dancer Jabba had seem like she was a victim of circumstance, and really quite a "good" person.  However, in the films she is portrayed as anything BUT a victim.  She's shown flirting with various members of the court, and she smiles and points while that green dancer begs for her life...Then she is the first one mocking and laughing from above when that slave finally gets dumped for trying to get away.  Seems like she was quite the opposite of a victim.  Seemed like she fit right in with Jabba's lot. 

 I dont recall any EU writing about fat dancer, but it's possible she fits into my interpretation of just about everyone in Jabba's court... she's STONED OUT OF HER MIND!

Why do you think they're all passed out on the floor when Leia comes in? It's a vice den.

Author
Time

She danced like crap and God its scary to watch! Jabba must enjoy the old fat girls in his private chamber.

If you read the EU, u would fine that everything in ROTJ takes place six months after ESB. And i believe it was Bib Fortuna that was always plotting to kill Jabba.

Author
Time

TheBoost said:

hezekiaah said:

I feel like a lot of things that I've read make that fat dancer Jabba had seem like she was a victim of circumstance, and really quite a "good" person.  However, in the films she is portrayed as anything BUT a victim.  She's shown flirting with various members of the court, and she smiles and points while that green dancer begs for her life...Then she is the first one mocking and laughing from above when that slave finally gets dumped for trying to get away.  Seems like she was quite the opposite of a victim.  Seemed like she fit right in with Jabba's lot. 

 I dont recall any EU writing about fat dancer, but it's possible she fits into my interpretation of just about everyone in Jabba's court... she's STONED OUT OF HER MIND!

Why do you think they're all passed out on the floor when Leia comes in? It's a vice den.

I only had the realization fairly recently that Jabba was probably stoned out of his mind in Jedi. He's even smoking from a bong filled with frogs! No wonder Jedi mind tricks don't work on him.

For all the worry George has had over Han looking "bad" for shooting Greedo, he seems to have forgotten our favorite Corellian was smuggling drugs for Jabba. Kid's movies indeed!

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Bobby Jay said:

PS: I never thought I'd ever have to search for "6 breasted woman" on Google!

 What did you find?

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

 

Author
Time

xhonzi said:

Bobby Jay said:

PS: I never thought I'd ever have to search for "6 breasted woman" on Google!

 What did you find?

Pfft, like you don't know.

Author
Time

xhonzi said:

Bobby Jay said:

PS: I never thought I'd ever have to search for "6 breasted woman" on Google!

 What did you find?

Find out for yourself

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=6+breasted+woman

Ironically enough, 6th one down ;-)

Your brain just makes s**t up!

A fate worse than death? Having your head digitally replaced with that of Hayden Christensen!