_**Surprise! A little project we have been working on is complete. This project is for new or hardcore Halloween fans.
Here is a trailer of the completed project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhcDeTvzUDM
We hope you like it!
JOHN CARPENTER’S HALLOWEEN: THE COMPLETE EXTENDED EDITION
What is it About: A complete cut of John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978), with all television footage reintegrated, including a rare title, and with all theatrical footage having the Dean Cundey-approved coloring from the THX master DVD. Plus a choice between the original mono audio and 5.1 surround.
Original Film Name: John Carpenter’s Halloween
New Film Name: John Carpenter’s Halloween: The Complete Extended Edition
Creative Consultant: Nighthawks / OldBiff85
Original Film Was Released: 25 October 1978 (USA)
Date Edit Was Released: February 2009
Original Runtime: 91 minutes
New Runtime: 101 minutes
Amount of Time Cut/Added: 10 minutes added
1. All television scenes, in anamorphic widescreen, have been reintegrated.
2. The missing title sequences “Smith’s Grove, Illinois” and “May 1964”, which were featured on televsion before the psychiatric hearing, but are missing from the other extended DVD’s, have finally been reintegrated, carefully converted to conform to the size of the other Anamorphic Widescreen titles, cleaned, and restored. These are the ACTUAL titles, not a re-creation. To retain the theatrical version’s flow, the title “Smith’s Grove, Illinois” is still shown before Loomis’s ride in the rain.
3. The theatrical scenes are from the Cundey-approved THX 1999 Theatrical DVD. No other release, not even the Blu-Ray, has been approved by Cundey. Day scenes look like Autumn, night scenes have the creepy bluish colors, etc.
4. All scenes match, and there are no aspect ratio mis-matches or different-colored letterbox bars.
5. You have a choice between 5.1 surround sound and the original mono mix. These audio selections are from the hi-definition masterings. The mono television scenes have been converted to 5.1 for the 5.1 surround mix.
DVD - Features:
1. NTSC SL DVD
2. Motion Menu
3. 5.1 / 2.0 Audio Selection
4. Chapter Selection
5. Region Free
Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Sony Vegas, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Audition, DVDLabPro, BeSweet, GordianKnot, Eac3To, DVDLabPro.
Your Intention for this Fanedit:
To construct a version of John Carpenter’s Halloween that includes all known footage, and has the proper coloring that was approved by Director John Carpenter and Director of Photography Dean Cundey.
Time Needed for the Edition: One month.
Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.