Sign In

It's Friday

Author
Time
I don't know how the dateline falls for all y'all in this international community, but for me it's Friday. What are you all doing this weekend? What will you do when work/classes end?

That's what I'm thinking about now. unfortunately, it involves driving in the rain through Friday traffic up to Philadelphia. Booya. But it's still better than work. Than work today, I mean.
If you're going to take forever, then I'm having a hotdog!
Author
Time
I had the day off from classes, but I'm working tonight and tomorrow @ the theatre, which doesn't feel like work anyways.

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.

Author
Time
This has been the longest freakin' week of the year for me.

Actually. I was thinking of starting a Friday thread myself. Starboy beat me to it though!

But I think I speak for all of us when I say:
THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY!!!!

4

Author
Time
Really. I just got off work..... Now in a few minutes I have to go to my other job... Life can suck. at least its over 2morrow.............
"Only in Hollywood could a show called 'That's my Bush' be about the [current] president rather than Clinton"
-Ann Coulter
Author
Time
right now i'm loosing reality and every thing i own in life
Author
Time
I need to go Christmas shopping.
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Darth Chaltab
This has been the longest freakin' week of the year for me.

Hehe, in fact this is also true here: after the Indepedence Day in Thursday people usually take a day off to enjoy 4-day long weekend
I saw the original theatrical release of the Old Trilogy on the big screen and I'm proud of it...
How did I accomplish that (considering my age) is my secret...
Author
Time
Nope. Here in Poland we celebrate 11/11 as Indepedence Day.
Three great empires (Germany, Austria & Russia) were occupying us for over a hundred years - that's it, shortly after our patriots helped to defend the young American democracy, those authoritarian monarchies ganged up on us to snuff out the spirit of freedom in the Europe, thus wiping out our Republic from the map. So the end of XVIIIc marked a birth of American state and the fall of Polish one.
When the Great War ended, those 3 countries were weak after 4 years of trench battles and this allowed us to take over the power over our country, with the aid of such patriots as Marshal Jozef Pilsudski. Our state was reborn as the Second Republic.
But this didn't mean peace yet. We had to fight 2 more years of frontier war, ended by defeating the Soviet army marching on us in 1920.
I saw the original theatrical release of the Old Trilogy on the big screen and I'm proud of it...
How did I accomplish that (considering my age) is my secret...
Author
Time
I'll be anxiously awaiting the release of Half-Life 2 while getting some overdue housework done in the process (plus visting my mother who is still in hospital), luckily I was able to get monday and tuesday off work. Half-Life 2 will be unlocked on November 16th at 9:00am german time.

"Welcome - to City 17. It is safer here."
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: RRS-1980
Nope. Here in Poland we celebrate 11/11 as Indepedence Day.
Three great empires (Germany, Austria & Russia) were occupying us for over a hundred years - that's it, shortly after our patriots helped to defend the young American democracy, those authoritarian monarchies ganged up on us to snuff out the spirit of freedom in the Europe, thus wiping out our Republic from the map. So the end of XVIIIc marked a birth of American state and the fall of Polish one.
When the Great War ended, those 3 countries were weak after 4 years of trench battles and this allowed us to take over the power over our country, with the aid of such patriots as Marshal Jozef Pilsudski. Our state was reborn as the Second Republic.
But this didn't mean peace yet. We had to fight 2 more years of frontier war, ended by defeating the Soviet army marching on us in 1920.


Right.

But you did mean 11/11 rather than 7/4.

4

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Master Sifo-Dyas
I'll be anxiously awaiting the release of Half-Life 2

I'm also looking forward to this title Looks like it will shake the FPS genre, just as its "daddy" did. Some people were disappointed with DoomIII, I wonder what will be their reaction to HL2.

I hope your mom gets well soon, Master Sifo-Dyas
I saw the original theatrical release of the Old Trilogy on the big screen and I'm proud of it...
How did I accomplish that (considering my age) is my secret...
Author
Time
Well, obviously.

We need to keep this thread alive, however, and use it to spew our gladness every Friday.

4

Author
Time
When you think about it, saturday is truly the better day because of no work or school or whatever... I have to go to two jobs so I really like Saturdays since there are no jobs (for me anyway._)
"Only in Hollywood could a show called 'That's my Bush' be about the [current] president rather than Clinton"
-Ann Coulter
Author
Time
Agreed, Saturdays rock!

BTW, it's Sunday already
I saw the original theatrical release of the Old Trilogy on the big screen and I'm proud of it...
How did I accomplish that (considering my age) is my secret...
Author
Time
Crap, it's Monday.
If you're going to take forever, then I'm having a hotdog!
Author
Time
Sadly, it is Monday indeed. But you know, it will be Friday again soon, and I get paid this Wednesday - payday always feels better than a normal day!
"You don't own space, so stop actin' like you do."
Author
Time
i get paid friday so its a double good thing, no work for two days, a pay check, and i am going to see my family week after that... good stuff...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Kingsama/samasig.jpg
Author
Time
It's monday, tomorrow is tuesday so it's not getting any better, I have a huge headache, and I really don't want to go to work tomorrow because now I am positively sure my job is a devil's tool to make me insane and burn whats left of my soul. I just wish it was friday, around 6pm.
“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” — Nazi Reich Marshal Hermann Goering