Sign In

Info Wanted: Is there any fan edit of ROTJ that is simply the theatrical cut but with Victory Celebration at the end?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It’s one of the only changes in the special editions that I like, I think it can just be a simple edit to the audio track. I tried doing it myself but I couldn’t isolate the voices in the celebration scene so I could only let the music play but with no voices on top which feels weird to watch. I think someone could do it with a 5.1 mix, those usually have their own track for characters talking.

Author
Time

What are you looking for, the CG celebration montage followed by Yub Nub?

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

No, I think he means the theatrical cut but instead of “Yub Nub”, it’s “Victory Celebration” that’s played at the end. It’s actually the name of the piece. And I think he means 100% the SE ending (maybe even with Hayden).

Author
Time

I actually think he’s talking about replacing Yub Nub in the theatrical cut with the Victory Celebration track, but without any other SE elements?

I might be interested in that, actually.

Author
Time

mate said:

It’s one of the only changes in the special editions that I like, I think it can just be a simple edit to the audio track. I tried doing it myself but I couldn’t isolate the voices in the celebration scene so I could only let the music play but with no voices on top which feels weird to watch. I think someone could do it with a 5.1 mix, those usually have their own track for characters talking.

You might as well just use the audio from the Special Edition scene itself (rather than just the music from the soundtrack).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

I actually think he’s talking about replacing Yub Nub in the theatrical cut with the Victory Celebration track, but without any other SE elements?

I might be interested in that, actually.

I think Q2’s ROTJ edit (https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-a-q2-fanedit) is pretty close to this. It removes the worst offenders from SE but keeps the galaxy-wide celebration scene in the end.

There’s also a version of kk650’s semi-specialized edition with victory celebration; this one also removes blinking Ewoks.

Author
Time

Yuri_Kenobi said:

There’s also a version of kk650’s semi-specialized edition with victory celebration; this one also removes blinking Ewoks.

This is probably the closest, though it only includes celebration on Cloud City, not the other cities.

Author
Time

Hal9000’s custom special edition workprint is pretty close to this. Other than a few FX enhancements here and there, the movie mostly plays as the theatrical until the end.

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

I actually think he’s talking about replacing Yub Nub in the theatrical cut with the Victory Celebration track, but without any other SE elements?

I might be interested in that, actually.

Yeah, thatś what I meant

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

mate said:

It’s one of the only changes in the special editions that I like, I think it can just be a simple edit to the audio track. I tried doing it myself but I couldn’t isolate the voices in the celebration scene so I could only let the music play but with no voices on top which feels weird to watch. I think someone could do it with a 5.1 mix, those usually have their own track for characters talking.

You might as well just use the audio from the Special Edition scene itself (rather than just the music from the soundtrack).

Well, I tried doing that but the timing of the shots is slightly different in the special edition

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Octorox said:

Hal9000’s custom special edition workprint is pretty close to this. Other than a few FX enhancements here and there, the movie mostly plays as the theatrical until the end.

Well idk, the 90s special edition still has Jedi Rocks so I’m not very keen on watching that one as a substitute