What worthwhile bootleg DVD sets of the OT (original cut) are there out there and what are their specs, which ones are available as factory pressed DVDs, what exactly are in each set, and where can they be found and for how much?
I know of the 4-disc “TR47” set, the 7-disc “TR47” set, the 3-disc “Kristhemovieman” dual-layer non-anamorphic set, the 4-disc (I think) “Dr. Gonzo” anamorphic set, the 4-disc (I think) “farsight” anamorphic set. I understand that Rikter, Laserman, and MeBeJedi are also offering or planning to offer something. Anyone have any details on these? I also think I saw TR47 say something about doing another transfer from 20th Century Fox master tapes. Any details TR47? What kind of “master tapes” are these? Studio interpositives? Prints? Do you have all three films?
I also saw the Rikter 6 disc bonus material set listed in another thread. And something about a VCD of trailers mentioned somewhere. There was also a link in another thread to a website called “Apt Irrelevance” where the webmaster says he’s making a transfer as well. Any info on that?
I’m just trying to get a complete listing of what’s available in one thread here. I hope you guys will help me. I’m trying to organize my thoughts, so I know what is out there and what is in each set, and the source and technical quality of each set. I hope you all will help me compile all of this information in this thread for easy reference.
Basically the info I’m looking to collect here for each set are these things:
- Version differences between sets (example: 3PO tractor beam line, present or not? Any other differences?)
- Source of each set (ex: 1993 Definitive Collection CAV LDs, 1995 THX “Faces” CLV LDs, UK PAL VHS “Executor Box Set”, etc.)
- Exact content of each set (ex: movies, making of features, featurettes, interviews, trailers, etc.)
- Technical specifications of each set (ex: Dual-Layer?, Anamorphic?, menus?, audio type, subtitles?, amount of data on disc, bitrate)
- What is it available as? Factory pressed DVD or DVD-R?
- Does it include cases/cover art?
- How good is the picture? Color? Brightness? Contrast? Hugh? Saturation?
- How good is the audio? How good is the mix? Which mix is it?
- Are any LaserDisc side or disc changes noticeable and if so, how badly?
- Where can it be found? How much does it cost?
Finally are there any of ther DVD bootlegs of the OT out there that I didn’t list above that are worth mentioning? And is there any further OT bonus material not found on any of these sets I mentioned that are known to exist on DVD? And if the answer to either of these questions is yes, then where can it be found and for how much? DVD, or DVD-R?
Thank you all for your help in advance!
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"