Sign In

Info Wanted: ANH.....Revisited or Purist??? — Page 6

Author
Time

It really depends on whether or not the running time will be changed.

What specific things about the full "Revisited" version do you want to change?

Author
Time

I want to remove all music thats been added to the film.....and restore what was originally there, be it either original music, or silence. Which does mean shortening some of the new stuff that was added....for example...the intro of the TIE fighters in the death star battle.....Revisited's version of that shot is probably about double the length because the imperial march has been added....where as the Purist version uses the original music cues and has to stick to pre-existing time constraints.

The Ben/Vader duel is a different length as well, as Ben's death has been slowed down, which I really didn't care for.......so essentially if we wanna keep the higher quality, we'd have to trim back those scenes to what they are in the Purist, and add the Purist soundtrack to the footage

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yeah we could use the higher bit-rate version as the base....and insert the Purist bits..........what about the torture droid's needle?.......why did Ady make Ben ignite his sabre before Vader?

 

*Now this would need a bit of work......I'd also like to cut out the SE CG Stormtrooper & Dewback, would love to redo the Landspeeder approach to Mos Eisley (would need new background matte) remove the Stormtrooper hanger that Han runs into on the Death Star.

*But this is perhaps another project.

J

Author
Time

Those extra SE shots in the "Look sir, droids!" scene are a bitch and a half to try and remove.  Trust me, I've tried.

Author
Time

Jaitea said:

Yeah we could use the higher bit-rate version as the base....and insert the Purist bits..........what about the torture droid's needle?.......why did Ady make Ben ignite his sabre before Vader?

 I personally have no problem with the torture droids needle. Many people keep calling it a mini lightsaber, but if you look closely its actually arcing electricity....it looks nothing like a lightsaber.

Obiwan igniting first wasn't my fav thing about revisited either.....I always liked Vader standing there waiting for him with his already ignited, but I'm not sure how easy or difficult that would be to change

Author
Time

Jaitea said:

*Now this would need a bit of work......I'd also like to cut out the SE CG Stormtrooper & Dewback, would love to redo the Landspeeder approach to Mos Eisley (would need new background matte) remove the Stormtrooper hanger that Han runs into on the Death Star.

*But this is perhaps another project.

J

Don't forget Ady is planning on doing a Theatrical Reconstruction of ANH after he finishes ESB-R.

You know of the rebellion against the Empire?

Author
Time

Erikstormtrooper said:

Jaitea said:

*Now this would need a bit of work......I'd also like to cut out the SE CG Stormtrooper & Dewback, would love to redo the Landspeeder approach to Mos Eisley (would need new background matte) remove the Stormtrooper hanger that Han runs into on the Death Star.

*But this is perhaps another project.

J

Don't forget Ady is planning on doing a Theatrical Reconstruction of ANH after he finishes ESB-R.

 Yeah...that might be another project. Still interested in the Revisited/Purist Hybrid Jaitea?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ohhhh Yus!.......gonna try the edit first......then try to crow-bar it into the menu structure.

J

Author
Time

ok, cool....I'll go through it and PM you with a few details.......

Author
Time

I say if you're going to watch it go all the way, warts and all. IMHO it's better that way, because the "purist" version isn't really purist at all TBH.

Author
Time

Its just a title, not a literal definition....and it appeals to a different group of people......thats all

Author
Time

Ok, I'm late to this party.  I just watched Revisited (a lot) over the weekend.  I'm not crazy about the Sith music in the saber duel but I dig the daylights out of the editing of the duel itself.  Same with the re-edits of the TIE fighter attack.  

The mono versions of Beru's dialog have forever spoiled me. 

I still hate everything with a CG dewback.

Anyway, I had a question that's surely entirely too late:  I just started re-reading the novel of Star Wars.  Why not change "there'll be no escape for the PRINCESS this time" to the original line of "there'll be no escape for the CAPTAIN this time"?  Jussst curious.

I also wouldn't mind finding where I can get a copy of the Purist version.

– Bill

Never tell me the odds.

Author
Time

Mushy

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>