logo Sign In

Info: How many Disney 35mm scans exist? — Page 3

Author
Time

littlejoe416 said:

Lol at anyone to putting words in my mouth or sticking up for song of the south, an unnecessary and indeed unfortunate association with Disney to say the absolute least. If no one ever saw this film again I’m pretty sure the world would be just fine. Feel how you want but don’t act disingenuous and shocked when someone wants to detract from it, it deserves it.

You would only want to detract from it if you both have no understanding of the diverse experiences of black Americans back then(I recommend reading the Library of Congress’s extensive collection of former slave interviews), and don’t understand why a Disney musical for children isn’t going to have Uncle Remus act like a sad man that is hated by everyone the entire movie. The over the top niceness is of course the better alternative for a kids musical. What’s even more hilarious is Disney has a G rated movie they made in the 2000’s on Disney Plus right now that has the n word with the hard r twice, the k slur for black South Africans, and has a black South African get his ass whopped by a white waiter lol.

How about this humidity?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

If Disney would ever treat Mary Poppins the same way they treat Song of the South, it would be nothing but a cultural crime. Enough is enough. You can’t just take every classic and look for the crazy reasons to label it as “wrong” - sometimes you just need to enjoy the movie and shut your mouth up, because there is what to enjoy, especially when it comes to masterpieces like this. Getting offended is a decision.

Back to Song of the South - if you are really that sensitive to take offense from a movie about a nice, clever and positively-portrayed black man telling folklore tales to children of both races and encouraging their friendship - just don’t watch, instead of telling people that they shouldn’t even be ABLE to view it.
But, Oh man… you need to work on yourself a bit.

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time

CMGF said:

If Disney would ever treat Mary Poppins the same way they treat Song of the South, it would be nothing but a cultural crime. Enough is enough. You can’t just take every classic and look for the crazy reasons to label it as “wrong” - sometimes you just need to enjoy the movie and shut your mouth up, because there is what to enjoy, especially when it comes to masterpieces like this. Getting offended is a decision.

Back to Song of the South - if you are really that sensitive to take offense from a movie about a nice, clever and positively-portrayed black man telling folklore tales to children of both races and encouraging their friendship - just don’t watch, instead of telling people that they shouldn’t even be ABLE to view it.
But, Oh man… you need to work on yourself a bit.

Hear, hear!

Author
Time

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

Author
Time

imsorrydave2448 said:

littlejoe416 said:

Lol at anyone to putting words in my mouth or sticking up for song of the south, an unnecessary and indeed unfortunate association with Disney to say the absolute least. If no one ever saw this film again I’m pretty sure the world would be just fine. Feel how you want but don’t act disingenuous and shocked when someone wants to detract from it, it deserves it.

You would only want to detract from it if you both have no understanding of the diverse experiences of black Americans back then(I recommend reading the Library of Congress’s extensive collection of former slave interviews), and don’t understand why a Disney musical for children isn’t going to have Uncle Remus act like a sad man that is hated by everyone the entire movie. The over the top niceness is of course the better alternative for a kids musical. What’s even more hilarious is Disney has a G rated movie they made in the 2000’s on Disney Plus right now that has the n word with the hard r twice, the k slur for black South Africans, and has a black South African get his ass whopped by a white waiter lol.

And you might wanna look up whataboutism.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

littlejoe416 said:

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

It was worth giving the first black man an oscar for it in 1947 of all times 🤷‍♀️

How about this humidity?

Author
Time

imsorrydave2448 said:

littlejoe416 said:

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

It was worth giving the first black man an oscar for it in 1947 of all times 🤷‍♀️

🤦 Just stop lmao

Author
Time

Charles Threepio said:

CMGF said:

If Disney would ever treat Mary Poppins the same way they treat Song of the South, it would be nothing but a cultural crime. Enough is enough. You can’t just take every classic and look for the crazy reasons to label it as “wrong” - sometimes you just need to enjoy the movie and shut your mouth up, because there is what to enjoy, especially when it comes to masterpieces like this. Getting offended is a decision.

Back to Song of the South - if you are really that sensitive to take offense from a movie about a nice, clever and positively-portrayed black man telling folklore tales to children of both races and encouraging their friendship - just don’t watch, instead of telling people that they shouldn’t even be ABLE to view it.
But, Oh man… you need to work on yourself a bit.

Hear, hear!

🤡

Author
Time
 (Edited)

littlejoe416 said:

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

That is YOUR opinion, and I find it actually quite offensive. I mean come on, who even talks like this today? You’re discriminating Song of the South lovers, you’re being a Songophobe! Deeply insensitive, so uninclusive. Shame.

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CMGF said:

littlejoe416 said:

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

That is YOUR opinion, and I find it actually quite offensive. I mean come on, who even talks like this today? You’re discriminating Song of the South lovers, you’re being a Songophobe! Deeply insensitive, so uninclusive. Shame.

Um no I said DONT act disingenuous. Lmao. Please. I’m done engaging with this bad faith argument about a movie that isn’t worth mine or anyone else’s time. The gall you have to call my comments insensitive tells me all I need to know tbh. Not surprised that people who stick up for this movie aren’t great at reading comprehension.

Author
Time

CMGF said:

littlejoe416 said:

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

That is YOUR opinion, and I find it actually quite offensive. I mean come on, who even talks like this today? You’re discriminating Song of the South lovers, you’re being a Songophobe! Deeply insensitive, so uninclusive. Shame.

Deeply ironic that this reads like a trump tweet lmaooo

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I was only mocking Wokeists if that wasn’t clear. I find this cultural trend ridiculous (and sad, too), just like any logical human being should.

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time
 (Edited)

littlejoe416 said:

CMGF said:

littlejoe416 said:

Again, hilarious and revealing hot takes. This movie isn’t worth it. This ain’t it, chiefs.

That is YOUR opinion, and I find it actually quite offensive. I mean come on, who even talks like this today? You’re discriminating Song of the South lovers, you’re being a Songophobe! Deeply insensitive, so uninclusive. Shame.

Please. I’m done engaging with this bad faith argument about a movie that isn’t worth mine or anyone else’s time.

You are invited to speak for yourself - It was definitely worth my free time, as well as most of those who actually saw it and not just read the title “Disney’s racist movie” on some TikTok short with a picture of Uncle Remus.

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time
 (Edited)

littlejoe416 said:

Lol at anyone to putting words in my mouth or sticking up for song of the south, an unnecessary and indeed unfortunate association with Disney to say the absolute least. If no one ever saw this film again I’m pretty sure the world would be just fine. Feel how you want but don’t act disingenuous and shocked when someone wants to detract from it, it deserves it.

All this is your personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. For some people, it’s worth their time. For you, it isn’t. No one is forcing you to watch it, don’t try to say others shouldn’t watch it. Whoever is offended by it, don’t watch. Whoever feels it’s worth their time can enjoy it. Plain and simple.

There are also plenty of movies I feel aren’t worth my time while others feel otherwise.

imsorrydave2448 said:

What’s even more hilarious is Disney has a G rated movie they made in the 2000’s on Disney Plus right now that has the n word with the hard r twice, the k slur for black South Africans, and has a black South African get his ass whopped by a white waiter lol.

Out of curiosity what movie are you referring to?

Author
Time

Underbelly said:

I have a copy of lion king on 35mm

Is this the same German copy floating around? Or a new one?

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Seriously! Where did you get that?
This could save me some work I was going to do during my vacation (editing the German copy with titles from the Laserdisc)

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time

I got it from a estate auction and also got silence of the lambs 35mm complete

Author
Time

Underbelly said:

I got it from a estate auction and also got silence of the lambs 35mm complete

I PM’d you about this, please check your private messages

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working”
-The wind in the willows

Author
Time

RU.08 said:

I’ll be doing more scans soon. We have Covid delays again but I have access to good scanners and to prints.

I’m thinking about setting up a subscription payment system to get things rolling. The goal will be to do every Disney classic - and where possible to scan multiple prints. I might re-scan Pinoke next year as well.

I happily pay for the 35mm scans of Disney classic movies