Sign In

Info: Back to the Future - without DNR & EE — Page 19

Author
Time

Jonno said:

zee944 said:

Does it mean it's a genuine remix?

 There's an oxymoron for you.

On genuine I mean it doesn't introduce new sound effects and places the old ones where they should be in the space by looking at the movie. So a good remix which is faithful to the movie's original intenion. But I suppose it's clear how I meant it anyway.

Author
Time

If you're going to be faithful to the movie's original intention, why remix it at all?

Author
Time

a little update on the so called dcp release

it's all a lie. this is a release from 2011 and seams not been shared outside a certain forum until now. i compared the nfo files and they are exactly the same.

this whole dcp thing was a bit fishy to me and thanks to a certain member from the other forum, i can no longer believe this dcp source story.

this doesn't mean you should not get it. it's totally worth it. but don't believe the dcp source lie.

Author
Time

zeropc said:

but don't believe the dcp source lie.

So what's the source?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

but don't believe the dcp source lie.

So what's the source?

 the person who originally created and shared this release didn't reveal it, possibly to protect his source. it's only known that the wowow cap is based on the same source.

Author
Time

zee944 said:

Jonno said:

zee944 said:

Does it mean it's a genuine remix?

 There's an oxymoron for you.

On genuine I mean it doesn't introduce new sound effects and places the old ones where they should be in the space by looking at the movie. So a good remix which is faithful to the movie's original intenion. But I suppose it's clear how I meant it anyway.

Well, according to IMDB, there was a theatrical 6-channel mix. I suppose it's possible that this new mix is simply that 6-channel mix mapped to a 5.1 arrangement, and the reduction in dynamics is just the result of whatever home near-field mix logic they currently employ for their audio. But I don't think that's very likely--I suspect it's a whole new mix, that, AFAICT, doesn't muck up anything but the dynamics--and even there it's not horribly flat, just not as good as the Laserdisc, that's all.

Also interested in the true video source if this isn't DCP-sourced after all.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

zeropc said:

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

but don't believe the dcp source lie.

So what's the source?

 the person who originally created and shared this release didn't reveal it, possibly to protect his source. it's only known that the wowow cap is based on the same source.

Interesting! I wonder if he/she has access to BttF2 and 3 as well.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

Is anybody able to share just the LD sound mix synced to the DCP? I don't fancy downloading another 40Gb just for the audio. :\

George creates Star Wars.
Star Wars creates fans.
George destroys Star Wars.
Fans destroy George.
Fans create Star Wars.

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

but don't believe the dcp source lie.

So what's the source?

 the person who originally created and shared this release didn't reveal it, possibly to protect his source. it's only known that the wowow cap is based on the same source.

Interesting! I wonder if he/she has access to BttF2 and 3 as well.

So it is from a D1 maybe?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

dvdmike said:

So it is from a D1 maybe?

no idea... like i've said, the source was never revealed.

Author
Time

dvdmike said:

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

but don't believe the dcp source lie.

So what's the source?

 the person who originally created and shared this release didn't reveal it, possibly to protect his source. it's only known that the wowow cap is based on the same source.

Interesting! I wonder if he/she has access to BttF2 and 3 as well.

So it is from a D1 maybe?

Definitely not D1. D1 is strictly for SDTV/Rec. 601.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

Well, I think that if it's not dcp and is the same source as wowow, the most logical assumption is that it's from the master used for the hdtv broadcast.

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

dvdmike said:

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

AntcuFaalb said:

zeropc said:

but don't believe the dcp source lie.

So what's the source?

 the person who originally created and shared this release didn't reveal it, possibly to protect his source. it's only known that the wowow cap is based on the same source.

Interesting! I wonder if he/she has access to BttF2 and 3 as well.

So it is from a D1 maybe?

Definitely not D1. D1 is strictly for SDTV/Rec. 601.

 Well not D1 but its equivalent in the HD era I have no idea of the name for.

It makes sense, as like I said if the DCP encryption was cracked we would know about it 

Author
Time

So I take it that it'd be quite absurd to make a BD50 out of this then? Too early to jump the shark or just use it?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Depends on your definition of absurd.  I think using BD50's for anything is absurd.

But I am an optical media fan, so I re-encoded the video down to 21GiB, and put it on a BD25. The source was so beautiful it even looks good after a re-encode.

EDIT: My opposition to BD50's is entirely because I'm a cheap bastard, not because I don't see the value in high bitrate video.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Hi, i am totally Interested in this. Were kann i get it?

 

Author
Time

Harmy said:

Well, I think that if it's not dcp and is the same source as wowow, the most logical assumption is that it's from the master used for the hdtv broadcast.

 Yep, probably this.

Author
Time

zeropc said:

a little update on the so called dcp release

it's all a lie. this is a release from 2011 and seams not been shared outside a certain forum until now. i compared the nfo files and they are exactly the same.

Doesn't the NFO state DCP? http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Back-to-the-Future-without-DNR-EE-Help-Wanted/post/683575/#TopicPost683575

How do you explain the images on AVS from the "DCP" source that are in 2K 1.85 resolution (1996x1080) rather than HD (1920x1040)?

Author
Time

drngr said:

zeropc said:

a little update on the so called dcp release

it's all a lie. this is a release from 2011 and seams not been shared outside a certain forum until now. i compared the nfo files and they are exactly the same.

Doesn't the NFO state DCP? http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Back-to-the-Future-without-DNR-EE-Help-Wanted/post/683575/#TopicPost683575

How do you explain the images on AVS from the "DCP" source that are in 2K 1.85 resolution (1996x1080) rather than HD (1920x1040)?

 the nfo is bullshit. the original source for this so called dcp sourced bd was created/released in april 2011. at the time, back to the future wasn't shown in theaters, at least not from a dcp file. also, dcp hasn't been cracked. it's very doubtful that universal would release any movie, new or old, these days unencrypted as dcp in theaters.

the actual source might be a studio master tape that was used for the broadcast or even for the creation of the original universal studios blu-ray, prior to be destroyed by adding of heavy dnr. this is a much more believable story, then the dcp source for this movie.

i can't explain anything without a link. i've searched for said information on avs, but i couldn't find it. other then that, blowing up a picture from 1920x... to 1996x... is rather easy.

besides, why would ONLY this movie sourced from a dcp? why not others, including older movies that are shown in theaters digitally? the answer: dcp hasn't been cracked, nor was any movie released unprotected.

Author
Time

I know people that ran the DCP of BTTF.  Can confirm: it was unlocked.

Either way, who cares where it came from: it looks amazing and with the LaserDisc audio, sounds great too.  Enjoy it.  Be happy.  

"Alright twinkle-toes, what's your exit strategy?"

Author
Time

AMC Theaters participated in a 25th anniversary event in October 2010 - I believe I have a special poster that was either given out or sold. How do we know that wasn't the DCP? It certainly wasn't film - the only other possibility would have been Blu-ray.

The version shown there had the "squeezed" end credits - does this alleged DCP version?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Can anyone tell me how the "dcp" version of BTTF was listed on usenet or tehparadox?

Author
Time

TServo2049 said:

AMC Theaters participated in a 25th anniversary event in October 2010 - I believe I have a special poster that was either given out or sold. How do we know that wasn't the DCP? It certainly wasn't film - the only other possibility would have been Blu-ray.

The version shown there had the "squeezed" end credits - does this alleged DCP version?

 The UK DCP had the DNR of the disc 

Author
Time

Space Kaijuu said:

Can anyone tell me how the "dcp" version of BTTF was listed on usenet or tehparadox?

 I'm also very much interested on the "DCP" listing under tehparadox. I looked for it but couldn't find it. If anyone can help me out through MP, I'd be really grateful

Author
Time

Anyone knows that the "DCP" version's DTS track is from the Blu-ray? I'm asking it because in the DCP version the movie itself starts at a different point than the Blu-ray, so the DTS track had to be modified to match...