Sign In

Indiana Jones IV — Page 4

Author
Time
And you take Dark Horizon's word as truth? This is a completely unsubstantiated claim, espcially the part about going with a "younger cast." How does Cate Blanchett fit into that?

Just because Shia LaBeouf has been confirmed means nothing.

But so many people seem ready to write this off and be skeptical...it's going to be a fun movie and you all know it.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, God, especially on Dark Horizons.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: C3PX
Dude, calm down. Nobody ever said anything about throwing out old 35mm movies. You are absurd for even mentioning it. You said HD sucks, Cassidy said that a consensus of cinematographers felt that HD was not as bad as people make it out to be, and in fact very comparable to 35mm quality wise. Fair enough. You don't have to agree with that, I myself was shocked because I always heard the contrary. Of course as technology gets better HD will look better. 35mm has been around for a long time, it is silly to believe that someday some new technology wont replace it, but it is even sillier to say that because it gets replaced that everything ever filmed on 35mm must go too.

A hint of advice, sit back and enjoy the movie with your friends. Like you said it just annoys the crap out of them when you pick it apart like that.



No DP ever would willingly shoot in HD. They do it because it is cheaper. Any cinematographe who said that HD is comparable to 35mm should be striken of that title.

The Secret History of Star Wars -- now available on Amazon.com!

"When George went back and put new creatures into the original Star Wars, I find that disturbing. It’s a revision of history. That bothers me."

--James Cameron, Entertainment Weekly, April 2010

Author
Time
Originally posted by: zombie84
Originally posted by: C3PX
Dude, calm down. Nobody ever said anything about throwing out old 35mm movies. You are absurd for even mentioning it. You said HD sucks, Cassidy said that a consensus of cinematographers felt that HD was not as bad as people make it out to be, and in fact very comparable to 35mm quality wise. Fair enough. You don't have to agree with that, I myself was shocked because I always heard the contrary. Of course as technology gets better HD will look better. 35mm has been around for a long time, it is silly to believe that someday some new technology wont replace it, but it is even sillier to say that because it gets replaced that everything ever filmed on 35mm must go too.

A hint of advice, sit back and enjoy the movie with your friends. Like you said it just annoys the crap out of them when you pick it apart like that.



No DP ever would willingly shoot in HD. They do it because it is cheaper. Any cinematographe who said that HD is comparable to 35mm should be striken of that title.


And here I thought all along people liked movies for the story and characters...stupid.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: TheCassidy
This is a completely unsubstantiated claim, espcially the part about going with a "younger cast." How does Cate Blanchett fit into that?

Simple math.

Harrison Ford = 64
John Rhys-Davies = 62
Sean Connery = 76
Denholm Elliot = Rest In Peace
William Hootkins = Rest In Peace
Karen Allen = 55
Kate Capshaw = 53
Allison Doody = 40
Jonathan Ke Quan = 35

Cate Blanchett = 37
Shia LaBeouf = 20

Of the "Original Indiana Jones Trilogy" cast, only Short Round is younger than Cate ... by only 2 years.
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
i hope shea lebouf is not indys son, if the holes kid is then the movie should be boycotted.

Am i the only one who thought the idea of having natalie as his daughter was an awsome idea, certainly not uncle george mcduck lucas.

I also do not like how this unknown other than having a bit part in i robot is the main guy in transformers wtf?

So he had a cheapy horror movie come out this weekend, i'm not impressed.

Am i the only one who thought short round and willie were the most annoying characters ever and that except for the mine chase scene which was supposed to be in raiders temple was the worst of the trilogy.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
i hope shea lebouf is not indys son, if the holes kid is then the movie should be boycotted.

Am i the only one who thought the idea of having natalie as his daughter was an awsome idea, certainly not uncle george mcduck lucas.

I also do not like how this unknown other than having a bit part in i robot is the main guy in transformers wtf?

So he had a cheapy horror movie come out this weekend, i'm not impressed.

Am i the only one who thought short round and willie were the most annoying characters ever and that except for the mine chase scene which was supposed to be in raiders temple was the worst of the trilogy.


...I'm sorry man, but I have to say this. Is there anything that you like?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: ADigitalMan
No Sallah ...


Man, I was REALLY afraid to click that link for a moment because I thought it would say that John Rhys-Davies had passed away, and then I don't know what I would have done.

This I can live with.

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time
INDIANA JONES AND THE CITY OF GODS

will be the title for the last Indiana jones film.

*faints* that sounds awesome!!!!!!~!@ergahuashfldjakfdjakfjaf I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!11111
He big in nothing important in good elephant.

"Miss you, I will, Original Trilogy..."

"Your midichlorians are weak, Old man." -Darth Vader 2007 super deluxe extra special dipped in chocolate sauce edition.

http://prequelsstink.ytmnd.com/
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Nanner Split
Originally posted by: ADigitalMan
No Sallah ...


Man, I was REALLY afraid to click that link for a moment because I thought it would say that John Rhys-Davies had passed away, and then I don't know what I would have done.

This I can live with.


Me too actually. Glad that wasn't the case.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
it is official now that Sean Connery will not be in the movie although Henry Jones senior was in the script, connery turned the movie down preferring to remain retired. I wonder if it has anything to do with the less than specatacular prequels.

Still the scenes in the script that reportedly had all three generations of the jones men in adventure together will only be two.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
it is official now that Sean Connery will not be in the movie although Henry Jones senior was in the script, connery turned the movie down preferring to remain retired. I wonder if it has anything to do with the less than specatacular prequels.

Still the scenes in the script that reportedly had all three generations of the jones men in adventure together will only be two.


I was disappointed by this. Too bad they couldn't work something out.
Nemo me impune lacessit

http://ttrim.blogspot.com
Author
Time
Originally posted by: JediSage
Originally posted by: skyjedi2005
it is official now that Sean Connery will not be in the movie although Henry Jones senior was in the script, connery turned the movie down preferring to remain retired. I wonder if it has anything to do with the less than specatacular prequels.

Still the scenes in the script that reportedly had all three generations of the jones men in adventure together will only be two.


I was disappointed by this. Too bad they couldn't work something out.


Eh...no huge loss. Would've been cool, but do we really need another two hours full of lines like "The armiesh of darknesh will marsh all over the facesh of the Earth..."?

Maybe they should've called Darrell Hammond instead.

I was really happy to hear about Marion coming back though. And John Hurt is good in any movie. I think he'll fit right in.

Author
Time
He looks so awesome. This movie is going to be really, really special.

Here's a hi-res version:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3528/indyivmg5.jpg
Author
Time
I hope it's good. Watched Firewall the other night, and man, he does look old.
And I wished he'd stop mumbling when he speaks. I know he's old an' all, but speak up man!!!

Oh and Cassidy...Why the BIG picture man????!!

http://www.facebook.com/DirtyWookie

Author
Time
^ 'Cause it's going to be a BIG movie, 'Rod.
Author
Time
Just my opinion, but he looks older than dirt.
40,000 million notches away
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Windexed
Just my opinion, but he looks older than dirt.


Respectfully, please post your picture when you're 65 and look that good.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: TheCassidy
Originally posted by: Windexed
Just my opinion, but he looks older than dirt.


Respectfully, please post your picture when you're 65 and look that good.




This honestly made me laugh. Betty White looks pretty damn good for being 85 too!
40,000 million notches away
Author
Time
yeah it is about as ludicrous as him playing han solo again at his age, its like connery in never say never again.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
I was surprised how dead on this fanmade picture is compared to the pic. Well, he looks a little puffier in the photo.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/Sluggomatic2000/indyIV_e-1.jpg