Sign In

In what way I should watch a Star Wars Marathon? — Page 11

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

I didn’t count the Scorpion King cuz I’d heard he wasn’t finished when the studio rushed the film to theaters. I just did some research on it now, and I can’t find a clear-cut answer, though that one is tossed around here and there.

Anything else you don’t count that we should be aware of?

The Drink in Question

Author
Time
 (Edited)

suspiciouscoffee said:

TV’s Frink said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

I didn’t count the Scorpion King cuz I’d heard he wasn’t finished when the studio rushed the film to theaters. I just did some research on it now, and I can’t find a clear-cut answer, though that one is tossed around here and there.

Anything else you don’t count that we should be aware of?

Just watched that clip on YouTube. First time I watched a scene from any of these shitty movies. Cavill plays a great Superboy Prime.

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

suspiciouscoffee said:

TV’s Frink said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

I didn’t count the Scorpion King cuz I’d heard he wasn’t finished when the studio rushed the film to theaters. I just did some research on it now, and I can’t find a clear-cut answer, though that one is tossed around here and there.

Anything else you don’t count that we should be aware of?

Just watched that clip on YouTube. First time I watched a scene from any of these shitty movies. Cavill plays a great Superboy Prime.

Wait, is that seriously Cavill from Justice League?

I haven’t seen it yet, but heard about the mustache removal stuff. I didn’t think it was that bad…he’s unrecognizable…

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Handman said:

I sat through a Star Wars marathon earlier this year, starting from Phantom Menace, through to ROTJ, and it was awful. By the time I got to the good stuff, everyone else was fatigued and sleeping. We had TFA, but I was the only one up by the end of ROTJ, and I was kind of sick of it all by then.

If I had to do it again, I’d just watch Star Wars and call it a day.

I don’t know how people do it (watching all 7/8 films) - especially when you get past your 30’s and need afternoon power nap too 😉

I’m in my 40’s - man, I couldn’t watch more than a couple of films before losing focus - even if they were good films (personally… something that Prequels are not counted amongst).

Fair play to you for getting to the end of ROTJ.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

suspiciouscoffee said:

TV’s Frink said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

I didn’t count the Scorpion King cuz I’d heard he wasn’t finished when the studio rushed the film to theaters. I just did some research on it now, and I can’t find a clear-cut answer, though that one is tossed around here and there.

Anything else you don’t count that we should be aware of?

Just watched that clip on YouTube. First time I watched a scene from any of these shitty movies. Cavill plays a great Superboy Prime.

Wait, is that seriously Cavill from Justice League?

I haven’t seen it yet, but heard about the mustache removal stuff. I didn’t think it was that bad…he’s unrecognizable…

I saw it in the theater (with a group and my ticket was paid for, mind you, I wouldn’t have gone to that mediocre-at-best flick otherwise). Yes, it really is that bad. Especially when his mouth is actually moving.

The Drink in Question

Author
Time

oojason said:

Handman said:

I sat through a Star Wars marathon earlier this year, starting from Phantom Menace, through to ROTJ, and it was awful. By the time I got to the good stuff, everyone else was fatigued and sleeping. We had TFA, but I was the only one up by the end of ROTJ, and I was kind of sick of it all by then.

If I had to do it again, I’d just watch Star Wars and call it a day.

I don’t know how people do it (watching all 7/8 films) - especially when you get past your 30’s and need afternoon power nap too 😉

I’m in my 40’s - man, I couldn’t watch more than a couple of films before losing focus - even if they were good films (personally… something that Prequels are not counted amongst).

Fair play to you for getting to the end of ROTJ.

Back in 2012/2013/2014, I’d watch seven-to-ten movies a day, often back-to-back. Honestly, I don’t know how I managed it. I’m lucky if I can get through three movies in a night now.

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV’s Frink said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

I didn’t count the Scorpion King cuz I’d heard he wasn’t finished when the studio rushed the film to theaters. I just did some research on it now, and I can’t find a clear-cut answer, though that one is tossed around here and there.

Anything else you don’t count that we should be aware of?

The Scorpion King was the only one I could think of (which I had considered someone else mentioned it). Given that I couldn’t find any source on the effect being rushed, I guess it counts, but that’s the only one that come to mind. Oh, wait, there’s also these guys, though that’s to be expected of a 90s music video.

Author
Time

No, but I knew Peter Cushing had been dead for twenty years, and the whole idea made me uncomfortable.

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

Handman said:

No, but I knew Peter Cushing had been dead for twenty years, and the whole idea made me uncomfortable.

Maybe someone can do a fanedit were someone replaces cgi peter with darth vader. By chroma keying him into existence. But just a idea.

This is borderline experimental

WHAT WOULD M͟I͟C͟H͟A͟E͟L͟ ͟B͟A͟Y͟ DO?! …watch his step 😉

Dead Game News list of dead games & games at risk

Author
Time

paja said:

Handman said:

No, but I knew Peter Cushing had been dead for twenty years, and the whole idea made me uncomfortable.

Maybe someone can do a fanedit were someone replaces cgi peter with darth vader. By chroma keying him into existence. But just a idea.

Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

paja said:

Handman said:

No, but I knew Peter Cushing had been dead for twenty years, and the whole idea made me uncomfortable.

Maybe someone can do a fanedit were someone replaces cgi peter with darth vader. By chroma keying him into existence. But just a idea.

Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!

That would work as well. 👓

This is borderline experimental

WHAT WOULD M͟I͟C͟H͟A͟E͟L͟ ͟B͟A͟Y͟ DO?! …watch his step 😉

Dead Game News list of dead games & games at risk

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

oojason said:

Handman said:

I sat through a Star Wars marathon earlier this year, starting from Phantom Menace, through to ROTJ, and it was awful. By the time I got to the good stuff, everyone else was fatigued and sleeping. We had TFA, but I was the only one up by the end of ROTJ, and I was kind of sick of it all by then.

If I had to do it again, I’d just watch Star Wars and call it a day.

I don’t know how people do it (watching all 7/8 films) - especially when you get past your 30’s and need afternoon power nap too 😉

I’m in my 40’s - man, I couldn’t watch more than a couple of films before losing focus - even if they were good films (personally… something that Prequels are not counted amongst).

Fair play to you for getting to the end of ROTJ.

Back in 2012/2013/2014, I’d watch seven-to-ten movies a day, often back-to-back. Honestly, I don’t know how I managed it. I’m lucky if I can get through three movies in a night now.

Porn doesn’t count mate 😉 (does it?)

Did your chair have it’s own butt groove? I hope they were all very good films.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

Anything else you don’t count that we should be aware of?

Possibly this.

Never seen that one. I guess I’d say it’s borderline. It’s passable, but bare minimum.

Author
Time

ZigZig said:

And what about CGI-Tarkin in R1? Does he look real to you?

Though I didn’t directly say it, I would’ve hoped my EA Battlefront remark would’ve made it clear that I don’t think CGI is at the level of making realistic human faces. That said, Leia in Rogue One looked fine, but I think that’s mainly down to picking an actress who was already pretty close. Young people are probably easier cuz there’s less wrinkles to worry about. In the end I guess, CGI is capable of competently recreating faces, but only when it’s adjusting the face of someone who already looks pretty close. Now if only Doctor Who had the budget to do that for a whole episode…

Author
Time

oojason said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

oojason said:

Handman said:

I sat through a Star Wars marathon earlier this year, starting from Phantom Menace, through to ROTJ, and it was awful. By the time I got to the good stuff, everyone else was fatigued and sleeping. We had TFA, but I was the only one up by the end of ROTJ, and I was kind of sick of it all by then.

If I had to do it again, I’d just watch Star Wars and call it a day.

I don’t know how people do it (watching all 7/8 films) - especially when you get past your 30’s and need afternoon power nap too 😉

I’m in my 40’s - man, I couldn’t watch more than a couple of films before losing focus - even if they were good films (personally… something that Prequels are not counted amongst).

Fair play to you for getting to the end of ROTJ.

Back in 2012/2013/2014, I’d watch seven-to-ten movies a day, often back-to-back. Honestly, I don’t know how I managed it. I’m lucky if I can get through three movies in a night now.

Porn doesn’t count mate 😉 (does it?)

😄

I hope they were all very good films.

They ran the gamut.

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time

I think the marathon I will be doing before the Last Jedi will be the following:

No prequels (finally decided they just ain’t worth the trouble)
Star Wars Despecialized
Empire Strikes Back Revisited
Return of the Jedi (will be watching an even more drastic personal edit than my original)
The Force Awakens Restructured (hopefully! 😃)

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time
 (Edited)

darthrush said:

I think the marathon I will be doing before the Last Jedi will be the following:

No prequels (finally decided they just ain’t worth the trouble)
Star Wars Despecialized
Empire Strikes Back Revisited
Return of the Jedi (will be watching an even more drastic personal edit than my original)
The Force Awakens Restructured (hopefully! 😃)

👌

This is borderline experimental

WHAT WOULD M͟I͟C͟H͟A͟E͟L͟ ͟B͟A͟Y͟ DO?! …watch his step 😉

Dead Game News list of dead games & games at risk

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Star Wars (A new hope)
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Force awakens
Phantom meance
Attack of the clones
Revenge of the sith
Rogue one

Versions Despecialized and Anti cheese edits

Author
Time

You posted your view order in the ranking thread.

Ceci n’est pas une signature.