Sign In

If you had to keep one SE change…? — Page 2

Author
Time

I don’t mind the Scene with Luke and Biggs. It feels odd in the pacing, but if they used the original version (With Red Leader talking about Luke’s father), it’d be a great part of setting up the legend of Anakin before the reveal in Empire.

Author
Time

If it could be any change, it’d be:

SW: Aurebesh text on Tractor Beam
ESB: Wampa arm spot patch when it kills Luke’s Tauntaun
ROTJ: Eyebrows removed on Sebastian Shaw

“There is no peace, peace is a lie” -Start of the Sith Code

Youtube Profile

Author
Time

Colson said:

My second choice would be to leave in “Episode IV: A New Hope.”

Technically not a SE change, technically.

Author
Time

IsanRido said:

It could be considered, though, the beginning of the revisionist saga that culminated in Lucas stating Star Wars was the tragedy of Darth Vader.

What is Star Wars, then?

Author
Time

Windows7Guy100 said:

IsanRido said:

It could be considered, though, the beginning of the revisionist saga that culminated in Lucas stating Star Wars was the tragedy of Darth Vader.

What is Star Wars, then?

Oh, I don’t know, maybe classic story of good versus evil following protagonists Luke, Leia and Han.
If you think the OT is about Darth Vader, you’re smoking something.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Windows7Guy100 said:

IsanRido said:

It could be considered, though, the beginning of the revisionist saga that culminated in Lucas stating Star Wars was the tragedy of Darth Vader.

What is Star Wars, then?

Oh, I don’t know, maybe classic story of good versus evil following protagonists Luke, Leia and Han.
If you think the OT is about Darth Vader, you’re smoking something.

Sorry, I’m autistic and I needed someone to say exactly what it was.

Author
Time

The new death star explosion or the cloud city windows.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

New celebration song/scene in ROTJ. This change is essential as the original version is crap.

真実

Author
Time

Density said:

SW: Greedo shooting first

This is interesting, as Greedo shooting first is the most offensive change in the entire trilogy, to me.

Ryan-SWI said:

Colson said:

My second choice would be to leave in “Episode IV: A New Hope.”

Technically not a SE change, technically.

You’re correct. I had forgotten about that, as I never watched Star Wars before watching the GOUT DVDs (and then Harmy soon after) in 2013.

“You don’t really mean you’ll kill me, do you?” - Juror 8
“Silence, Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extra-terrestrial from the planet Vulcan!” - Calvin “Marty” Klein

Author
Time
 (Edited)

imperialscum said:

New celebration song/scene in ROTJ. This change is essential as the original version is crap.

All I’ll say is this: It’s lucky for you I’m not a moderator.

“I am a writer. Therefore, I am not sane.”

― Edgar Allan Poe

Author
Time

That’s probably true. Give me power, and I’ll become corrupt in very short order.

“I am a writer. Therefore, I am not sane.”

― Edgar Allan Poe

Author
Time
 (Edited)

My favorite change is also the sandcrawler close up shot. I’m pretty sure they used the original model, and it’s all practical effects!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

One CGI shot of the millenium Falcon leaving Mos Eisly at takeoff.
Recomposited effects shots w/o black lines.
Afew of the cloud city open spaces.
And alien languages on the power core of the death Star.
Bobba Fett’s ship following the millenium Falcon to cloud city.
And maybe Lucas’ Wampa costume scene’s.
But other than that, I’d. Prefer to hear Bobba Fett’s original voice again.
And The emperor’s hologram from Empire.
Anakin’s eye color being changed to hazel in ROTJ, for the sake of continuity.
And a new special edition change.
Vader throwing Rick Macullum in the reactor core.
And nothing else.

Author
Time

Jeffgale26 said:

One CGI shot of the millenium Falcon leaving Mos Eisly at takeoff.
Recomposited effects shots w/o black lines.
Afew of the cloud city open spaces.
And alien languages on the power core of the death Star.
Bobba Fett’s ship following the millenium Falcon to cloud city.
And maybe Lucas’ Wampa costume scene’s.
But other than that, I’d. Prefer to hear Bobba Fett’s original voice again.
And The emperor’s hologram from Empire.
Anakin’s eye color being changed to hazel in ROTJ, for the sake of continuity.
And a new special edition change.
Vader throwing Rick Macullum in the reactor core.
And nothing else.

“One” change is a difficult concept, I see.

Author
Time

This thread had morphed from “which one shitty aspect of the shitty SE can I live with if I had to” to “this is why I love the SE!”

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

The snow speeders not being transparent.

Author
Time

They are not all shit, only about 95% of them.

Ceci n’est pas une signature.

Author
Time

clbutler said:

The snow speeders not being transparent.

Well actually they still are transparent in some shots, they fixed only the shot which they mentioned in all documentaries.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Jeffgale26 said:

One CGI shot of the millenium Falcon leaving Mos Eisly at takeoff.
Recomposited effects shots w/o black lines.
Afew of the cloud city open spaces.
And alien languages on the power core of the death Star.
Bobba Fett’s ship following the millenium Falcon to cloud city.
And maybe Lucas’ Wampa costume scene’s.
But other than that, I’d. Prefer to hear Bobba Fett’s original voice again.
And The emperor’s hologram from Empire.
Anakin’s eye color being changed to hazel in ROTJ, for the sake of continuity.
And a new special edition change.
Vader throwing Rick Macullum in the reactor core.
And nothing else.

“One” change is a difficult concept, I see.

Well the question was “Which SE change do you hate the least”, and the suggested scenario was that we were forced to keep one… Unlike this thread’s evil clone, there’s nothing about this scenario that prevents one from keeping more than one change, is there?