Sign In

If you could only remove one SE change...? — Page 6

Author
Time

I think I have to go with Hayden Christiansen’s ghost. That one is one of the shortest changes but it’s quite possibly the worst and most insulting.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

Jedi Rock. That song is awful and gives me trauma every time I hear it in the only version of Star Wars I own.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

As much as I hate the prequel retcons (Hayden’s ghost, the godawful Emperor portrayal in later Empire releases), It has to be Greedo shooting.

Yep. Greedo. No contest. Though many comes trotting close behind.

Author
Time

Jedi Rocks hands down. It irritates me the most. Coming 2nd would be the Jabba the Hutt scene in ANH, followed in 3rd Greedo shoots.

Author
Time

+1 for Jedi Rocks. Almost all other changes I can at least understand why someone may want to make them, but that one is just awful.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

+1 for Jedi Rocks. Almost all other changes I can at least understand why someone may want to make them, but that one is just awful.

To enhance a grungy dive scoundrel bar with a couple of sexy cartoon topless aliens. Why else?

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Hal 9000 said:

+1 for Jedi Rocks. Almost all other changes I can at least understand why someone may want to make them, but that one is just awful.

To enhance a grungy dive scoundrel bar with a couple of sexy cartoon topless aliens. Why else?

If only they were topless…

“I am a writer. Therefore, I am not sane.”

― Edgar Allan Poe

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jedi Rocks by far bothers me the most. I mean, it contradicts the whole scene, the dialogue sounds like baby gibberish, and the tone is completely wrong. It’s too weirdly choreographed a musical number, and feels too inserted into a film that didn’t need it.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Vader’s “NO”. That one change undermines, everything…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

All the changes annoy me intensely; I don’t think I could narrow it down to just one. But the one change that disappoints me most is the redub of Fett’s lines in ESB, as mentioned in a few posts a couple of pages back. This is arguably a relatively minor change, but Fett was always my favourite character due in no small part to Jason Wingreen’s superb, menacing delivery of his lines. Temuera Morrison’s redub sounded indifferent to my ears - almost bored. (I suspect he could have sounded fine, but the lines just seemed to have been rushed and recorded in one lousy take.)

Here is a comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y07PmuVgxj4

Bluto

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Something that came to my mind the other day about how Greedo shooting first conflicts with the Jabba scene. Because Greedo shot first there’s really no point for Jabba to ask Han ‘why did you fry poor Greedo??’. Yes you could argue Jabba maybe wasn’t aware Greedo shot first and Han killed in self defense but given that’s how the dialogue was in the original shot scene with Declan Mulholland this seems to tie in better with the idea that Han shot first.

Author
Time

crissrudd4554 said:

Something that came to my mind the other day about how Greedo shooting first conflicts with the Jabba scene. Because Greedo shot first there’s really no point for Jabba to ask Han ‘why did you fry poor Greedo??’. Yes you could argue Jabba maybe wasn’t aware Greedo shot first and Han killed in self defense but given that’s how the dialogue was in the original shot scene with Declan Mulholland this seems to tie in better with the idea that Han shot first.

Lol. The SEs are a CF

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

crissrudd4554 said:

At best! 😂😂

Honestly, if the OUT were officially available, I might find the SE funny. But as it is, it’s just sad that one of the most influential films ever made is presented on official home media only in a not only altered, but laughing-stock, form.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

crissrudd4554 said:

At best! 😂😂

Honestly, if the OUT were officially available, I might find the SE funny. But as it is, it’s just sad that one of the most influential films ever made is presented on official home media only in a not only altered, but laughing-stock, form.

The Special Editions feel like an April Fool’s joke that sadly is real.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jedi Rocks is the worst for me.

Vader “Noooo” comes close.

Author
Time

I would remove Vader yelling “noooooooo” at the end of Jedi. It completely ruins the climax of the greatest movie saga ever. I can live with Jedi Rocks (Lapti Nek wasn’t that great of a song either). I can live with Hayden’s Force Ghost, as I can kind of understand George’s reasoning of putting him there. I can even live with Greedo shooting first if I had to. But I hate Vader’s “no.” Him being silent made the scene much more impactful.