Sign In

If George Had Made The Sequel Trilogy... — Page 12

Author
Time

DISNEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED ME TO MAKE THE SEQUEL TRILOGY

I MAKE THE BEST TRILOGIES

ASK ANY TRILOGY IVE MADE

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

DISNEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED ME TO MAKE THE SEQUEL TRILOGY

I MAKE THE BEST TRILOGIES

ASK ANY TRILOGY IVE MADE

So far I count only two, and one of them you infected with gout.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

Then who should I instant-message?

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

DISNEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED ME TO MAKE THE SEQUEL TRILOGY

I MAKE THE BEST TRILOGIES

ASK ANY TRILOGY IVE MADE

I count one and it’s not even done yet.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

My biggest complaint about TFA is the constant references and recapitulations, particularly as manifested in Starkiller Base.
If George Lucas was writing and directing the sequel trilogy, it would have been at least as equally pandering in that regard, and have a lot less to redeem it.
I was, and still am, glad that Bob Iger immediately put Lucas’ treatments through the shredder. After they shook hands and Lucas had left his office, I’m sure that was the first thing that happened.

JEDIT: I really don’t know how you people post here all the time without making typos like I do.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

TV’s Frink said:

DISNEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED ME TO MAKE THE SEQUEL TRILOGY

I MAKE THE BEST TRILOGIES

ASK ANY TRILOGY IVE MADE

I count one and it’s not even done yet.

THATS HOW GOOD IT IS

IMAGINE HOW GREAT IT WILL BE ONCE ITS AN ACTUAL TRILOGY

Author
Time

I am fine with the ST mirroring the OT. However, I hated the idea of a third Death Star. Vader said that the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force, and the first two Death Stars enabled the Empire’s destruction. Thus, it is illogical for the First Order to build another Death Star.

Additionally, The Force Awakens should not have ever used Kylo Ren as a vehicle for comic relief. His temper tantrums with his lightsaber diminished his stature as a villain. Kylo Ren should have defeated Rey in the lightsaber duel. Rey should have barely survived. The hero should always lose to the villain during their first encounter with one another.

Here is a video detailing more of the film’s flaws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w

Author
Time

Scott109 said:

I am fine with the ST mirroring the OT. However, I hated the idea of a third Death Star. Vader said that the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force, and the first two Death Stars enabled the Empire’s destruction. Thus, it is illogical for the First Order to build another Death Star.

Additionally, The Force Awakens should not have ever used Kylo Ren as a vehicle for comic relief. His temper tantrums with his lightsaber diminished his stature as a villain. Kylo Ren should have defeated Rey in the lightsaber duel. Rey should have barely survived. The hero should always lose to the villain during their first encounter with one another.

Here is a video detailing more of the film’s flaws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w

SO YOU ARE SAYING LUCAS WOULD HAVE DONE ALL THIS QUESTION MARK

OR PERHAPS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT THREAD

THE PREQUEL FILM LOVER THREAD MAYBE QUESTION MARK

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

Bob Iger immediately put Lucas’ treatments through the shredder. After they shook hands and Lucas had left his office, I’m sure that was the first thing that happened.

Second thing: washed his hands.

Author
Time

Scott109 said:

Vader said that the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force, and the first two Death Stars enabled the Empire’s destruction. Thus, it is illogical for the First Order to build another Death Star.

That didn’t stop Palpatine from building a second Death Star. Also, it’s unlikely anyone who witnessed Vader saying this is still alive or has archived his stance, so why would the First Order care?

Ceci n’est pas une signature.

Author
Time

Scott109 said:

I am fine with the ST mirroring the OT. However, I hated the idea of a third Death Star. Vader said that the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force, and the first two Death Stars enabled the Empire’s destruction. Thus, it is illogical for the First Order to build another Death Star.

Boys and their doomsday toys. 😉

Additionally, The Force Awakens should not have ever used Kylo Ren as a vehicle for comic relief. His temper tantrums with his lightsaber diminished his stature as a villain. Kylo Ren should have defeated Rey in the lightsaber duel. Rey should have barely survived. The hero should always lose to the villain during their first encounter with one another.

The joke was that the troopers know better than to enter the room when Kylo is pissed off. Not that he has tantrums. Audiences actually did laugh at “I find your lack of faith disturbing”, as Vader choked Motti. That doesn’t diminish Vader in any way.

There’s nothing wrong with a duel ending in a draw. It was about Rey finding her inner strength. Finn is a hero too, and nearly died before Rey stepped up.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Scott109 said:
Additionally, The Force Awakens should not have ever used Kylo Ren as a vehicle for comic relief. His temper tantrums with his lightsaber diminished his stature as a villain.

Not really considering that he was written not to be a full fledged villain in TFA. Removing the tantrums is like removing Luke’s whining in SW and ESB.

Kylo Ren should have defeated Rey in the lightsaber duel. Rey should have barely survived. The hero should always lose to the villain during their first encounter with one another.

^ If we’re being technical here this was their first encounter and she was completely at his mercy.

As it pertains to the duel he should have won if they fought in completely neutral circumstances…which they didn’t. And even with the result Rey was being dominated by Kylo Ren for a vast majority of the duel.

Author
Time

I just realized how little I actually remember about TFA. I need to rewatch sometime soon.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Scott109 said:

I am fine with the ST mirroring the OT. However, I hated the idea of a third Death Star. Vader said that the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force, and the first two Death Stars enabled the Empire’s destruction. Thus, it is illogical for the First Order to build another Death Star.

Additionally, The Force Awakens should not have ever used Kylo Ren as a vehicle for comic relief. His temper tantrums with his lightsaber diminished his stature as a villain. Kylo Ren should have defeated Rey in the lightsaber duel. Rey should have barely survived. The hero should always lose to the villain during their first encounter with one another.

Here is a video detailing more of the film’s flaws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w

SO YOU ARE SAYING LUCAS WOULD HAVE DONE ALL THIS QUESTION MARK

OR PERHAPS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT THREAD

THE PREQUEL FILM LOVER THREAD MAYBE QUESTION MARK

😄 On this forum, recognizing TFA has flaws necessarily means being a PT lover, for some reason.

The Original Trilogy’s Timeline Reconstruction: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Implied-starting-date-of-the-Empire-from-OT-dialogue/post/786201/#TopicPost786201

Author
Time

John Doom said:

TV’s Frink said:

Scott109 said:

I am fine with the ST mirroring the OT. However, I hated the idea of a third Death Star. Vader said that the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force, and the first two Death Stars enabled the Empire’s destruction. Thus, it is illogical for the First Order to build another Death Star.

Additionally, The Force Awakens should not have ever used Kylo Ren as a vehicle for comic relief. His temper tantrums with his lightsaber diminished his stature as a villain. Kylo Ren should have defeated Rey in the lightsaber duel. Rey should have barely survived. The hero should always lose to the villain during their first encounter with one another.

Here is a video detailing more of the film’s flaws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_zvQQ5P8w

SO YOU ARE SAYING LUCAS WOULD HAVE DONE ALL THIS QUESTION MARK

OR PERHAPS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT THREAD

THE PREQUEL FILM LOVER THREAD MAYBE QUESTION MARK

😄 On this forum, recognizing TFA has flaws necessarily means being a PT lover, for some reason.

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/What-is-wrong-with-Attack-of-the-Clones/id/48862

Scott109 said:

I cannot understand why anyone would hate Attack of the Clones, as so many fans of the original trilogy do.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/What-is-wrong-with-Attack-of-the-Clones/id/48862

Scott109 said:

I cannot understand why anyone would hate Attack of the Clones, as so many fans of the original trilogy do.

So he was “caught in the act”, I guess 😄

The Original Trilogy’s Timeline Reconstruction: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Implied-starting-date-of-the-Empire-from-OT-dialogue/post/786201/#TopicPost786201

Author
Time

Lucas would never have collaborated like JJ did. So no Kasden. He couldn’t have gotten the performance out of Harrison Ford that JJ did.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher

Author
Time

I doubt Harrison would have even agreed to do a film with Lucas at the helm because the script would have been so-so at best.

Author
Time

lovelikewinter said:

Lucas would never have collaborated like JJ did. So no Kasden. He couldn’t have gotten the performance out of Harrison Ford that JJ did.

What performance? Harrison was rather at his average in TFA. Even in ROTJ, when he obviously didn’t want to try too hard, he seems amazing compared to TFA.

真実

Author
Time

imperialscum said:

lovelikewinter said:

Lucas would never have collaborated like JJ did. So no Kasden. He couldn’t have gotten the performance out of Harrison Ford that JJ did.

What performance? Harrison was rather at his average in TFA. Even in ROTJ, when he obviously didn’t want to try too hard, he seems amazing compared to TFA.

You obviously haven’t seen any of Harrison Ford’s recent movies…

Prequel Fan-Edit thread: http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Yet-another-series-of-prequel-edits/id/17329