Hello, it is time to start working on this. I have a few ideas that I have had mapped out for some time for this edit, and I would like to list them here. I'm open to suggestions and ideas on how to streamline this film. Please feel free to join in.
None of this is set in stone, it's just a blue-print outline to work from at this point. I'm sure to change things with review and your suggestions.
1) The film will now start out with a written prologue (with footage of the moving star-field in background) explaining that the Enterprise had returned from it's five year mission in 2270 and it is now 13 months later and the crew of the enterprise is now ready for it's continuing mission with new captain William Decker and Kirk is now an Admiral at Starfleet command. I want to leave the drama and tension between these two characters alone in this edit.
2) Main credits will be interspersed with shots of the Enterprise in drydock. All shots of Kirk in shuttle getting a tour and looking on will be removed.
3) No San Francisco tram station scene. The orbital dockyard office complex will get an identification caption to introduce the audience to earth. The shots of this station will be trimmed. Kirk and Scotty will enter the travel Pod, but the scene will end soon after Kirk and Scotty's conversation. Music will be changed to help bring this scene to a smooth end.
4) Klingon Battle is now moved to later in film and will become edited into a 3 way conflict (double jeopardy for the Enterprise) between V'ger / Enterprise and the Klingons. Audio and some shots may be imported from other Trek films to accomplish this and flesh out the story. Footage from the wormhole scene will be cut into this battle as well.
3) Spock's Scene on Vulcan is now move later, and seen as part of a flashback during his conversation with Kirk and McCoy in the observation lounge.
4) No transporter accident (subject to change)
5) Spock arrives sooner in story, and his arrival is trimmed a lot.
6) Scene where Enterprise enters V'ger cloud (now just after battle with Klingons) Snip, Trim, Snip Snip
More to come...
“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison