This is such a cool idea. I really liked the transformer videos. Would be cool to do something similar with Shadows. Its such a great story, it would make for a really awesome video. I dont know much about making videos out of images like this. I assume you will need after effects or something similar to get a lot of this animation.
just to throw out another video for some ideas. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hn6cqY7CL2c This is based on a graphic novel for the band Coheed & Cambria. Mostly just images moving around, but there is some stretching of the faces to appear like they are animated more.
Shadows of the Empire is what my orginal idea was for a comic movie. I wanted to add scenes from the comic and other materile, like the sound track and the vid game sequences. Making something like that is beyond my ability at this time. The Dark Empire idea was born out of wanting to make a "comic movie". I could use what I learn from making a Dark Empire movie for a more ambitious Shadows movie project.
Thanks for the vid. I love the scene with the dude kneeling before whoever that "master" was. Reminded me of Palpatine. :D
Johnny Ringo said:
At first I wasn't really sure what you meant, But now that I've taken a look I have to say I'm all for it. I've also thought aout this sort of thing before, I toyed with various panels from the Reversal of fotune strips on hyperspace. but never really made anything of worth.
Are you planning on keeping text balloons? - Just wondering if you'd stick with whats there or go with subtitles. I supose it may depend on what sources you have to work with.
I haven't really gotten to the point of deciding if I should keep the ballons or not. I can see where removing the ballons would make more work for me when touching up objects and backgounds in photoshop. Ideally I think the most effective shot would be having no ballons and then have the charater or panel sliding around as dialog is spoken. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Would be cool to do something similar with Shadows. Its such a great story, it would make for a really awesome video.
I agree with Shadows of the Empire. It would make an awesome video to watch between Empire and Jedi. The difficulty with Shadows may be that it didn't include a full cast of voice actors for the audio book, so it may not be as exciting as say a Dark Empire. I found this list with all the audio books available. It also makes note of those with full casts of voice actors, also known as audio dramas. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_Audio_Books
I would imagine that the most effective Video's to create would be the ones with a full cast adaptation. Unfortunatly, Shadows of the Empire and the Thrawn trilogy lacked the full cast treament as these are two of my favorites. For quick Reference, these are the audio books/radio dramas with a full cast of voice actors.
· Tales of the Jedi by Tom Veitch; full cast audio drama
· Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith by Tom Veitch; full cast audio drama
· Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire by William C. Dietz; full cast audio drama
· Episode IV: A New Hope Radio Drama by Brian Daley; full cast audio drama
· Tales From the Cantina: We Don't Do Weddings: The Band's Tale by Kathy Tyers; full cast audio drama
· Tales From the Cantina: Nightlily: The Lovers' Tale by Barbara Hambly; full cast audio drama
· Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell by Brian Daley; full cast audio drama
· Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Radio Drama by Brian Daley; full cast audio drama
· Episode VI: Return of the Jedi Radio Drama by Brian Daley; full cast audio drama
· Dark Forces: Rebel Agent by William C. Dietz; full cast audio drama
· Dark Forces: Jedi Knight by William C. Dietz; full cast audio drama
· Dark Empire I by Tom Veitch; full cast audio drama
· Dark Empire II by Tom Veitch; full cast audio drama
· Dark Empire III: Empire's End by Tom Veitch; full cast audio drama
· Crimson Empire by Mike Richardson and Randy Stradley; full cast audio drama
With all of that said, I would not object if somebody created the Shadows of the Empire and Thrawn Trilogy using only the audio books. ;-)
There are some intersting possibilities with the audio dramas. I think a SW Trilogy with the Radio Drama ala the The Story of Star Wars would be awesome. The best part is you could use the deleted scenes.
The comic dramas is pretty straight forward if I mange to pull the Dark Empire movie off. I def would try to complete the DE series.
Dark Forces would be another awesome movie. Not only do you have the radio drama and graphic novels, but you also have the game cutscenes. Someone could even sprinckle in some ingame footage.
After reading about the novel audio books, an idea popped in my head concering Shadows or Thrawn Trilogy movies. For a movie with those comics or books you could get voice actors(fans) to record dialog for the movie. Throw in some sound effects and music and the movie could work. It would take a lot of cordination between people, but I've seen this kind of thing pulled off. Check out this Tranformer site for an example of fan dubing... http://tfcog.net/
A lot of ideas I know..... I'm not stopping anyone one from picking up these threads. Right now, I think I'm going to focus on Dark Empire first and the rest may follow as I learn more. My only problem is that I have an old crappy PC that can't handle some of the things I'd like to do. But I'm going to try to do what I can and if anyone wants to help I would appreciate any help at all.