Sign In

Idea: Mallrats TV Cut - with deleted scenes added back in?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I remember watching Mallrats on TV when it first aired on ABC, and it’s practically like a completely different version. There were deleted scenes incorporated back in, due to the removal of much of the raunch in the theatrical cut, and some truly hilarious, awful looping to clean up the dialogue (with an entirely different person doing Jay Mewes’ looping, with the voice changing sometimes mid-sentence!). I sadly didn’t tape it when it aired, and I think it may have only aired once since, on another channel.

I was curious if anyone had this and would be interested in preserving it on DVD. Although a new cut of the flick was included on the recent Mallrats re-release DVD, the TV cut was not. Of course, this is purely hypothetical, since I have no means, or talent, to embark on such a project.

We don't have enough road to get up to 88.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: booah
I remember watching Mallrats on TV when it first aired on ABC, and it's practically like a completely different version. There were deleted scenes incorporated back in, due to the removal of much of the raunch in the theatrical cut, and some truly hilarious, awful looping to clean up the dialogue (with an entirely different person doing Jay Mewes' looping, with the voice changing sometimes mid-sentence!). I sadly didn't tape it when it aired, and I think it may have only aired once since, on another channel.

I was curious if anyone had this and would be interested in preserving it on DVD. Although a new cut of the flick was included on the recent Mallrats re-release DVD, the TV cut was not. Of course, this is purely hypothetical, since I have no means, or talent, to embark on such a project.



Yeah! Nice call! I'd love a copy of this too!
Author
Time
I could probably do a composite edit of this. There's one thing, footage-wise, that's exclusive to the ABC version, a different thing with Shannon Hamilton on the screen at the end. Other than that I could just take the sections of dubbed audio and re-cut the extended cut to match the ABC cut. I have it recorded SLP on a VHS tape, along with the edited-for-TV Clerks (which features only two visual censors, and drops out every curse word). I don't really have the time to work on a composite of it right now, but maybe in a few months I will.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
Cool. Since I only saw it once, I can't remember-- with the inserted material (i.e. extra stuff at the beginning with T.S. and Brandy), would there be problems with a composite edit with music and whatnot?

If nothing else, I wouldn't mind seeing just a straight transfer of it from VHS or something.
We don't have enough road to get up to 88.
Author
Time
I'm not sure if there would be an issue with music or not. I'll do a DVD of my VHS sometime around Christmas when I'm home on break, and a composite edit maybe a few months after that.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
i'd love to see an extended edit of jay and silent bob strike back, with all the deleted scenes reinstated. It would have to be recreated from the dvd release unless someone out there has the cut smith submitted which was rejected and had to be recut for an R rating.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

ReverendBeastly said:

I could probably do a composite edit of this. There’s one thing, footage-wise, that’s exclusive to the ABC version, a different thing with Shannon Hamilton on the screen at the end. Other than that I could just take the sections of dubbed audio and re-cut the extended cut to match the ABC cut. I have it recorded SLP on a VHS tape, along with the edited-for-TV Clerks (which features only two visual censors, and drops out every curse word). I don’t really have the time to work on a composite of it right now, but maybe in a few months I will.

Could You Send Me The Clerks Tv Edit. Been Wanting To Really Watch That One.

Author
Time

Marvelfan1922 said:

ReverendBeastly said:

I could probably do a composite edit of this. There’s one thing, footage-wise, that’s exclusive to the ABC version, a different thing with Shannon Hamilton on the screen at the end. Other than that I could just take the sections of dubbed audio and re-cut the extended cut to match the ABC cut. I have it recorded SLP on a VHS tape, along with the edited-for-TV Clerks (which features only two visual censors, and drops out every curse word). I don’t really have the time to work on a composite of it right now, but maybe in a few months I will.

Could You Send Me The Clerks Tv Edit. Been Wanting To Really Watch That One.

Arrow’s blu-ray release has it even though instead of 4x3 it’s in its theatrical ratio, including the SD inserts

Raccoons

Author
Time

SpacemanDoug said:

Marvelfan1922 said:

ReverendBeastly said:

I could probably do a composite edit of this. There’s one thing, footage-wise, that’s exclusive to the ABC version, a different thing with Shannon Hamilton on the screen at the end. Other than that I could just take the sections of dubbed audio and re-cut the extended cut to match the ABC cut. I have it recorded SLP on a VHS tape, along with the edited-for-TV Clerks (which features only two visual censors, and drops out every curse word). I don’t really have the time to work on a composite of it right now, but maybe in a few months I will.

Could You Send Me The Clerks Tv Edit. Been Wanting To Really Watch That One.

Arrow’s blu-ray release has it even though instead of 4x3 it’s in its theatrical ratio, including the SD inserts

The Blu Ray Only Includes The Mallrats Tv Cut,