Sign In

I am boycotting EpIII. — Page 3

Author
Time
All of you who are boycotting Episode 3... stay strong, and don't believe the hype.

This is BY FAR the worst Star Wars movie ever made, and is much better at completly ruining all the classic characters than the first two movies were. To rank this movie higher than the original movies is so ridiculous I can't even understand it. The only way I can still even be a Star Wars fan is by pretending that these new movies simply did not happen, because it has all been ruined. Even Yoda, even the Emperor, and even Darth Vader. Absolutely awful, the least enjoyable movie I have seen in my life... There are a lot of really bad movies like this one out there, but none have ever tried to suck so much good out of this world. DON'T WATCH IT!!! YOU ARE NOT MISSING A DAMN THING!!!
"I love you..."

"I know..."
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: jeffreyschmid
All of you who are boycotting Episode 3... stay strong, and don't believe the hype.

This is BY FAR the worst Star Wars movie ever made, and is much better at completly ruining all the classic characters than the first two movies were. To rank this movie higher than the original movies is so ridiculous I can't even understand it. The only way I can still even be a Star Wars fan is by pretending that these new movies simply did not happen, because it has all been ruined. Even Yoda, even the Emperor, and even Darth Vader. Absolutely awful, the least enjoyable movie I have seen in my life... There are a lot of really bad movies like this one out there, but none have ever tried to suck so much good out of this world. DON'T WATCH IT!!! YOU ARE NOT MISSING A DAMN THING!!!


I don't disagree with you jeffreyschmid but I am curious- how old are you? I really think age has an effect on whether one likes this movie or not. I'm 33 and thought it was a very, very poorly made film.
Author
Time
I am 20. I was a Star Wars nerd as a kid, and still a huge fan. I went into this movie TRYING MY HARDEST to like it, and I still thought it was a complete waste of time. The only scene I liked was the "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!" scene...
"I love you..."

"I know..."
Author
Time
Ian MCDIARMID OWNS THE FILM, HE OWNS EVERYBODY!!!!!! HE OWNS OF ALL OF US TOO!!!!!!!
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
He's THE GREATEST ACTOR OF THEM ALL AND HE OWNS U TOO!!!!!!!!!!!





did i mention that i am a super hardcore Ian McDiarmid fan.
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
I think Obi-Wan is by far the best acted character in the new trilogy. Second is probably the kid who plays Anakin in the first one.
"I love you..."

"I know..."
Author
Time
Yes Ewan McGregor is awesome, i have seen him in Trainspotting etc

Jake Lloyd, WHAT???????????
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
Um Im 31 & thoroughly enjoyed the movie, as did all my friends (aged between 18 & 72) so I would argue that it's not a question of age but obvoiusly a sense of bitter disappointment....you didn't get to see the movie you wanted to see so obviously it sucks ass.....it's ok thats your opinion....just not one Im going to agree with or share
Evil dude: "You do not no pain, you do not know fear. You will taste MAN FLESH"

Evil ugly dudes: "YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
Author
Time
Quote

I am 20. I was a Star Wars nerd as a kid, and still a huge fan. I went into this movie TRYING MY HARDEST to like it, and I still thought it was a complete waste of time. The only scene I liked was the "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!" scene...


Actually that throws out my theory really, which I'm glad of- I hate simplistic explanations like that.

Quote

Um Im 31 & thoroughly enjoyed the movie, as did all my friends (aged between 18 & 72) so I would argue that it's not a question of age but obvoiusly a sense of bitter disappointment....you didn't get to see the movie you wanted to see so obviously it sucks ass.....it's ok thats your opinion....just not one Im going to agree with or share


Uh, die-jarjar-die... if you were talking about MY opinion, then I didn't say "sucks ass" and, nothing personal, don't appreciate the generalization that I (or anyone for that matter) disliked the film because we "didn't get to see the movie you wanted to see so obviously it sucks ass".

I dislike the film (specifically ROTS I'm talking about now and not the other PT films) because- as someone who has watched 100s of different films, from experimental shorts to epic blockbusters, and has studied in depth the techniques of filmmaking- it is an extremely POORLY CRAFTED FILM, whether its 'Star Wars' or not... and trust me- I love some stupid movies that everyone else hates but at least they're well made. ROTS is poorly written, 80% poorly acted and terribly poorly written. I always watch films with both an eye for 'pure enjoyment' and with a 'technical craftsmanship' eye- and ROTS blinded the latter.
Author
Time
I'm 30 and loved it. My 34 year old friend loved it and has seen it twice. My two midnight viewing buddies were 29 and 24 and both loved it as well.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia'."
--Vizzini (Wallace Shawn), The Princess Bride
-------------------------
Kevin A
Webmaster/Primary Cynic
kapgar.typepad.com
kapgar.com
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Bossk
I'm 30 and loved it. My 34 year old friend loved it and has seen it twice. My two midnight viewing buddies were 29 and 24 and both loved it as well.


I've realized that this films, I think more than the other PT films, will be the 'love it or hate it' film of the SW Saga. I accept that readily, but I have noticed that many other folks here are ready to pounce on people who have strong feelings one way or another.

And I really, truly wanted to like this film. I had already made my peace with the storyline of the PT so went into this with an open mind. Maybe I was overly 'spoiled' on plot points so I looked too hard at the technical points... *shakes head*....
Author
Time
greencapt...now you've given a valid reason for disliking the movie I can appreciate your situation. If you have knowledge of film making & see poor craftsmanship at work of course that will rile you..... but I fail to see how this relates to age? Your dislike stems from a techincal understanding of cinematography....not everyone is going to have that knowledge...so again I say it comes down to you not getting the movie you wanted to see....

from a certain point of view
Evil dude: "You do not no pain, you do not know fear. You will taste MAN FLESH"

Evil ugly dudes: "YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: greencapt
I've realized that this films, I think more than the other PT films, will be the 'love it or hate it' film of the SW Saga. I accept that readily, but I have noticed that many other folks here are ready to pounce on people who have strong feelings one way or another


There I whole heartedly agree with you I think more than anything this movie will tear the Star Wars community in 2...debates will rage long into the night...

I don't know about you but I often find myself getting riled whilst reading a post that initially seems quite terse but on further reading is often less so.... I personally find the lack of context a real issue (yeah im sure its my own fault) especially when theres a lack of emoticons used in the post.....I know I sometimes can come across as being a bit harsh but my posts are generally written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek & if anything suffer from my inability to hold a thought long enough to construct a solid argument & I come across rather unintelligently using phrases such as "sucks ass"

Evil dude: "You do not no pain, you do not know fear. You will taste MAN FLESH"

Evil ugly dudes: "YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: die-jarjar-die
greencapt...now you've given a valid reason for disliking the movie I can appreciate your situation. If you have knowledge of film making & see poor craftsmanship at work of course that will rile you..... but I fail to see how this relates to age?


Read above- I gave up that particular hypothesis when I started seeing the results come in.

Quote

Your dislike stems from a techincal understanding of cinematography....not everyone is going to have that knowledge...


True and you're right... to a degree. Our culture cares less and less about quality and more and more about 'flash' and quantity. What I fear is that people will systematically learn to think that is all they deserve. Like fast food versus good home-cooked meals, or simple video games (IE: Tetris) versus whatever glitzy super hi-rez game du jour comes along, etc: we as a culture get watered down substance because we buy it up... and then immediately go looking for the next fix. There doesn't tend to be much that comes out that has lasting impact these days. And as consumers, our hunger and lust for more of the same but only 'better' and 'bigger' and 'faster' kills off any desire on the part of truly talented creators (IE: GL) to give us any more than they think we're asking for... any more than we pay for... and maybe, just maybe, no more than we deserve. 'Star Wars' may just as well be 'Starbucks' these days- its everywhere and its little more than a logo on a Happy Meal box or a way to sell Cheetos. So I guess why should GL give a damn? Who knows?

Quote

so again I say it comes down to you not getting the movie you wanted to see....

from a certain point of view


Nice tagline but no- it come down to not getting the movie I know that GL would once have been able to make. To not getting a film that, with any number of capable directors, writers and actors should have been wonderful. I want to see good cinema- I see ads for action figures and cell phones.

You really want to see missed potential? Get me started on the two 'Matrix' sequels! Sheesh!
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: die-jarjar-die
I don't know about you but I often find myself getting riled whilst reading a post that initially seems quite terse but on further reading is often less so.... I personally find the lack of context a real issue (yeah im sure its my own fault) especially when theres a lack of emoticons used in the post.....I know I sometimes can come across as being a bit harsh but my posts are generally written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek & if anything suffer from my inability to hold a thought long enough to construct a solid argument & I come across rather unintelligently using phrases such as "sucks ass"


Yeah, you HAVE to have a sense of humor about these things! That led me to post the following in another thread here:

Quote

I think we need a 'SCREAMING' thread, where people who either loathe or love ROTS can go in, get all the @*&$@#!&*^!@#^@# type of reactions out of thier systems, THEN come back and start threads with legit view and reviews. I understand the burst of conflicting emotions that one can have after seeing this film and it doesn't help to flame folks for posting those emotions- we just need a place for it so there aren't 50 million new threads saying (or not saying) the same thing.


I mean, that kind of stuff... uh... sucks ass!
Author
Time
"You really want to see missed potential? Get me started on the two 'Matrix' sequels! Sheesh!"

Hear, hear...

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: Sadly, I believe the prequels are beyond repair.
<span class=“Bold”>JediRandy: They’re certainly beyond any repair you’re capable of making.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: You aren’t one of us.
<span class=“Bold”>Go-Mer-Tonic: I can’t say I find that very disappointing.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>JediRandy: I won’t suck as much as a fan edit.</span>

Author
Time
Reloaded & Revoultions sucked.
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
I think that is the general idea they were conveying.
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
They definitely implied that, Kev.

Not that I agree. I thought the were alright, but I hate how much confusion they added to the story.

As for Episode III, I'm 17 and I thought it was great. The ending, I thought, seemed a bit hastily done, but otherwise it was the best SW film since ESB.

4

Author
Time
"I thought the were alright, but I hate how much confusion they added to the story."

I didn't mind Neo having powers inside the Matrix, but outside, in the real world? That was just ridiculous.

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: Sadly, I believe the prequels are beyond repair.
<span class=“Bold”>JediRandy: They’re certainly beyond any repair you’re capable of making.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: You aren’t one of us.
<span class=“Bold”>Go-Mer-Tonic: I can’t say I find that very disappointing.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>JediRandy: I won’t suck as much as a fan edit.</span>

Author
Time
alright, I thought EpIII was good, not great. but good. The best of the PT, but not as good as any of the OOT films.

I thank everyone for taking it easy on me. I feel like such a traitor and fraud to the cause.


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL LII CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Warbler
I.....have failed. I fell to the darkside today...I saw EP III. The temptation was just too great I thought I could keep away but I was wrong. I am weak and pathetic. I feel ashamed.
Author
Time
Quote

but I fail to see how this relates to age?

Read above- I gave up that particular hypothesis when I started seeing the results come in.


Sorry fella was double posting without refreshing the page so missed your comments


hehe I totally agree with you regarding the Matrix sequels!
Evil dude: "You do not no pain, you do not know fear. You will taste MAN FLESH"

Evil ugly dudes: "YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!"