Sign In

I am boycotting EpIII.

Author
Time

It pains me. I will regret this. It hurts. But this is somthing I must do. I said awhile back that I would boycott EpIII. I was going to forget my promise and see it anyway because I want so badly to see this film. But I can't.....I'm sorry I can't. I have to stay true to my convictions. Untill the OOT is released on DVD. I will give Lucas one red cent of my money. NOT A PENNY. I don't ask anyone else to join me. I know this will not get the OOT release to DVD. I know Lucas will not care that I boycott. But will not give in to the darkside no matter how strong the lure. I have to do what I promised I would do. I don't care if I'm the only one doing this. This is matter of pride. I will not bow down to Emperor Lucas. I could not go see EpIII without feeling dirty. You can laugh and insult me, I don't care. I will not give in. Lucas gets no money from me until the OOT is on DVD.


LONG LIVE THE OOT!!!!
HAN SHOOTS FIRST!!!!!!
Author
Time
good for you, i thought about doing the same, but i need the closure that Ep III will bring, things will have gone full circle, and i can fade away with some oot backups...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Kingsama/samasig.jpg
Author
Time
Considering that Ocarina of Time is a cartrage based video game, it will probably be a while before it is released on DVD format.

Seriously, Warbler. You're being completely irrational. Like you said, Lucas won't give a flip if you don't see it. The only thing that would make him release the Theatrical Cuts on DVD is if the Special Edition NEVER existed. Even as an idea....

4

Author
Time
While I admire your dedication, if you want to see the film then just go see it. Like you said, it won't matter a whit to Lucas if you don't and it won't get the OOT released any sooner. Still, it takes a good deal of self-control to do what you're doing.
Author
Time
Chaltab, Ocarina of Time was released on a DVD-ish format for the GCN.
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: geekza
While I admire your dedication, if you want to see the film then just go see it. Like you said, it won't matter a whit to Lucas if you don't and it won't get the OOT released any sooner.


that is not the point. I know it won't get the OOT released. I will score a moral victory.

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Warbler
It pains me. I will regret this. It hurts. But this is somthing I must do. I said awhile back that I would boycott EpIII. I was going to forget my promise and see it anyway because I want so badly to see this film. But I can't.....I'm sorry I can't. I have to stay true to my convictions. Untill the OOT is released on DVD. I will give Lucas one red cent of my money. NOT A PENNY. I don't ask anyone else to join me. I know this will not get the OOT release to DVD. I know Lucas will not care that I boycott. But will not give in to the darkside no matter how strong the lure. I have to do what I promised I would do. I don't care if I'm the only one doing this. This is matter of pride. I will not bow down to Emperor Lucas. I could not go see EpIII without feeling dirty. You can laugh and insult me, I don't care. I will not give in. Lucas gets no money from me until the OOT is on DVD.


LONG LIVE THE OOT!!!!
HAN SHOOTS FIRST!!!!!!


just dl it, then your not giving anyone any money.
or get a friend to buy your ticket, and then buy him snacks, that way all your money goes to famous players or who ever is selling snacks.
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: TheSessler
Chaltab, Ocarina of Time was released on a DVD-ish format for the GCN.


Optical disc is hardly the same caliber as a DVD.

And Warb, DL stands for DownLoad.

4

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Shimraa

or get a friend to buy your ticket, and then buy him snacks, that way all your money goes to famous players or who ever is selling snacks.


that is cheating. I will not cheat. I am not looking for a cheap way out of this.


Quote

Originally posted by: Darth Chaltab

And Warb, DL stands for DownLoad.


that would be stealing. As much as I hate Lucas, I won't do it.
Author
Time
I'll get an extra and send it to you in the mail. You can then recompense me thrice the price, therefore most of the money is techincally going to me and not Lucas.

4

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Darth Chaltab
I'll get an extra and send it to you in the mail. You can then recompense me thrice the price, therefore most of the money is techincally going to me and not Lucas.



you'll get an extra what? and send it through the mail? This sounds like stealing again. Also in even if a little of the money is going to Lucas, I won't do it. He gets not one red penny.
Author
Time
The film was shithouse anyway mate, don't worry, you didn't miss anything.
Author
Time
It was slightly better than AOTC, but crappy anyway. Oh well. Star Wars is over.
“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” — Nazi Reich Marshal Hermann Goering
Author
Time
You didn't miss anything, man. Sith doesn't save this prequel trilogy, and it certainly doesn't justify messing up the original films to make them fit with these crappy prequels.
Author
Time
I applaud your sentiments Warbler, and I am in agreement - Lucas is getting no more money from me. I made that decision halfway through watching AotC at the cinema. However I don't have your high moral standards, so I'm stealing RotS, just to see if it as crap as I am expecting it to be.

If I was less lethargic and I lived closer to London I'd have gone to Leicester Square and erected a big banner somewhere visible:

Han Shot First.
www.originaltrilogy.com

But I'd rather stay at home and work on my laserdisc rip.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time
I'm sure the debate is just beginning, but I'll second the shithouse review. AOTC all over again, but this time with direct pisses on the OT.

Now off to bed...
Author
Time
Call me a naysayer, but I loved this film.

...and Warbler, good for you. I'm going to follow your example on an issue that bothers me...politics. I won't vote again until they get rid of electronic voting and restore paper ballots. I want to vote, and I know that if I never vote again they still won't bring back paper ballot, but I won't give the bastards the satisfaction.



/me sets mode +sarcastic The Dark One
¤ The Dark One In Costume ¤

...at last we shall have revenge...
Author
Time
Dude.....just shut the fuck up and get out there and see it. You know you want to.....we know you want to......just do it.

At this point, it's pointless to blame the PT on what he did to the OT. No sense in missing out on the story cuz of this.

Believe me....you will feel better......and I want you to see it.....cuz you JUST SHOULD!!!
Author
Time
I would also boycott but both Corbi Wan and Maddi REALLY want to go see this, and seeing how excited they got when I said that we'd all go in the morning as a family - I gotta admit that I'm getting excited

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
You're gonna love it Rik, I watched it at midnight, I'm in the middle of watching it a second time right now, and I'm seeing at the cinema a second time later this morning.

This film rocks!
¤ The Dark One In Costume ¤

...at last we shall have revenge...
Author
Time
I have vowed never to pay money for anything Lucas puts out until he puts the original movies on DVD. I refuse to pay for another movie and sneak in or anything like that. However, I do have a movie card that gives me free passes with every 10 or 20 viewings(I go to the movies a lot) and I have been saving a free pass for Episode 3. They don't allow free passes for the first two or three weeks, so I'll be waiting a few weeks to see it.
Author
Time
I too will not be seeing Episode III. My fiancee has also agreed. She really hates Lucas because of my complaining about him. . I also have several friends who may not see it.

I predict the film will be a financial success. I wish it would flop though. I predict it will make more than Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi without inflation being calculated. If it follows the trend of the Original Trilogy, it will make less than The Phantom Menace and Attack of The Clones. I think it will make slightly more than AOTC since it doesn't have anything for competition like it did, but I could be wrong. That was a lame excuse anyway for AOTC not to make more money. If a Star Wars movie is good, there is no such thing as competition.

Patrick
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Author
Time
A friend of mine plans to see it on Memorial Day weekend. They said they plan on buying my ticket and that I won't have to pay them back. My fiancee heard this and said no f*@Qin way and that she would not go. She has heard me bitch about Lucas off and on for at least 6 years now. First it was because he wouldn't release any of the Star Wars films on DVD. Then, it was because I hated the prequels. Finally, it is because he has refused to release any of the Original Versions ever again. My complaining has caused her to have a real dislike for him. Both of us still love the Original Versions of the Original Trilogy though.

That is a tough call. If I could see it for free, I probably would. My friend said I didn't have to pay him back, but I would probably at least buy him a beer or something.

Patrick
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly