Sign In

How to capture HDCP-encrypted HDMI sources (Vudu, Netflix, Directv, Virgin Media, etc.) — Page 8

Author
Time

Clemintime said:
If you have any further questions, let me know.

When I used to pull this channel from the wall with a PCTV stick, this is the type of file I was getting. I’d like to replicate this as close as possible. Heck, I’d love to be able to just pull the raw data (whether I stay with my MPEG2 cable provider or switch to DISH). If I do stay with my cable provider, is there a device that offers HDMI MPEG2 encoding that meets or exceeds 15 MBPS?

The device you linked to seemed like it was going to downconvert the audio to 2.0. Will it re-encode the audio or is there a way to capture the data as it is sent out by the receiver?

File: Mux type : TS Stream
TS mux rate : 16.957 Mbps
Video: Encoding : MPEG2
VideoStreamID : x840
Frame rate : 59.94 fps
Encoding size : 1280 x 720
Aspect ratio : 16:9
Header bit rate : 38.800 Mbps
VBV buffer : 976 KBytes
Profile : Main@High
Progressive : Progressive Only
Chroma : 4:2:0
Bit rate : 13.719 Mbps
Captioning : EIA 608/708
Field order : Progressive
Audio Stream: 1 (Primary) Codec : AC3
Channels : 5.1
Language : eng
PID : x841
PES Stream Id : xBD
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Sampling rate : 48000
Sample size : 16 bits
Audio Stream: 2 Codec : AC3
Channels : 2.0
Language : spa
PID : x842
PES Stream Id : xBD
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Sampling rate : 48000
Sample size : 16 bits

The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time

Hardcore Legend said:

Clemintime said:
If you have any further questions, let me know.

When I used to pull this channel from the wall with a PCTV stick, this is the type of file I was getting. I’d like to replicate this as close as possible. Heck, I’d love to be able to just pull the raw data (whether I stay with my MPEG2 cable provider or switch to DISH). If I do stay with my cable provider, is there a device that offers HDMI MPEG2 encoding that meets or exceeds 15 MBPS?

The device you linked to seemed like it was going to downconvert the audio to 2.0. Will it re-encode the audio or is there a way to capture the data as it is sent out by the receiver?

File: Mux type : TS Stream
TS mux rate : 16.957 Mbps
Video: Encoding : MPEG2
VideoStreamID : x840
Frame rate : 59.94 fps
Encoding size : 1280 x 720
Aspect ratio : 16:9
Header bit rate : 38.800 Mbps
VBV buffer : 976 KBytes
Profile : Main@High
Progressive : Progressive Only
Chroma : 4:2:0
Bit rate : 13.719 Mbps
Captioning : EIA 608/708
Field order : Progressive
Audio Stream: 1 (Primary) Codec : AC3
Channels : 5.1
Language : eng
PID : x841
PES Stream Id : xBD
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Sampling rate : 48000
Sample size : 16 bits
Audio Stream: 2 Codec : AC3
Channels : 2.0
Language : spa
PID : x842
PES Stream Id : xBD
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Sampling rate : 48000
Sample size : 16 bits

Ah, but that’s just it. You said you wanted a “lossless” capture method. You have to make a new recording that will capture the audio and put it on a new file, there’s no getting around that. As for the format and channels, while there are devices that capture audio in 5.1 they are all lossy. I know this because I myself have searched high and low for such a device that captures 5.1 sound in LPCM lossless format and it just doesn’t exist in the present time. If you want lossless, you’ll have to stick with 2.0 sound. If you’re willing to chance it on AC3 codecs and you’re not concerned with capturing in 4K, you might want to invest in a Hauppauge, those aren’t bad for $150.

Author
Time

Clemintime said:

Ah, but that’s just it. You said you wanted a “lossless” capture method. You have to make a new recording that will capture the audio and put it on a new file, there’s no getting around that. As for the format and channels, while there are devices that capture audio in 5.1 they are all lossy. I know this because I myself have searched high and low for such a device that captures 5.1 sound in LPCM lossless format and it just doesn’t exist in the present time. If you want lossless, you’ll have to stick with 2.0 sound. If you’re willing to chance it on AC3 codecs and you’re not concerned with capturing in 4K, you might want to invest in a Hauppauge, those aren’t bad for $150.

When I said lossless, I meant pull the audio as it is being sent through by the broadcaster. However, I see what you are saying. The downside with Hauppauge (for the most part) is that if I stay with the cable provider, they still broadcast in MPEG2. I believe all Hauppauge devices capture in MPEG4 and only up to something like 13.5 MBps.

Thanks for your help!

The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time

On the amazon reviews, it appears the newer versions of "ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D no longer strips HDCP

Any alternate suggestions?

The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time

Hardcore Legend said:

On the amazon reviews, it appears the newer versions of "ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D no longer strips HDCP

Any alternate suggestions?

I just purchased this HDMI splitter after recommendations that is removes HDCP (purchased from amazon uk).

Easycoolav USA website: https://www.easycoolav.com/products/4k60-hdmi-splitter-1-in-2-outdolby-vision-optical-audio-breakout

Amazon UK link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Splitter-in2-out-60Hz-Black/dp/B085Q37JPR/

Arrived today and unfortunately , upon plugging my SKYQ box into the Hauppguage PVR2 through the splitter, it came up with the HDCP blank screen error. Went to the link to the official site above and downloaded the software package. Just plugged the HDMI splitter into my pc’s usb port (micro USB port in the splitter), installed the drivers, then used the software available in that package ( comes with easy video tutorial) to easily remove HDCP. Works a treat now and i can record 1080p from the SKYQ box. Haven’t been able to try to see if it works with 4k as i have no way of capturing 4K video.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

adywan said:

Hardcore Legend said:

On the amazon reviews, it appears the newer versions of "ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D no longer strips HDCP

Any alternate suggestions?

I just purchased this HDMI splitter after recommendations that is removes HDCP (purchased from amazon uk).

Easycoolav USA website: https://www.easycoolav.com/products/4k60-hdmi-splitter-1-in-2-outdolby-vision-optical-audio-breakout

Amazon UK link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Splitter-in2-out-60Hz-Black/dp/B085Q37JPR/

Arrived today and unfortunately , upon plugging my SKYQ box into the Hauppguage PVR2 through the splitter, it came up with the HDCP blank screen error. Went to the link to the official site above and downloaded the software package. Just plugged the HDMI splitter into my pc’s usb port (micro USB port in the splitter), installed the drivers, then used the software available in that package ( comes with easy video tutorial) to easily remove HDCP. Works a treat now and i can record 1080p from the SKYQ box. Haven’t been able to try to see if it works with 4k as i have no way of capturing 4K video.

I’m looking to capture 4k video from a Roku + I just purchased and has anyone found something that will strip or bypass the hdcp 2.2 while maintaining 4k hdr? Want to get an avermedia or elagato to record some live streamed 4k content that has hdcp but from everything I hear, it downcoverts it to 1080p when stripping the hdcp.

The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time

I kind of feel this thread needs a mention fo RedFox’s new software, AnyStream. https://redfox.bz/anystream.html
Depending on what you’re trying to capture, it may make most of this obsolete.

Dr. M

Author
Time

Doctor M said:

I kind of feel this thread needs a mention fo RedFox’s new software, AnyStream. https://redfox.bz/anystream.html
Depending on what you’re trying to capture, it may make most of this obsolete.

That seems useful for non-live, 1080p content.

In my case, I’m in search of 4K capture ability.

The Jedi are all but extinct.......