Sign In

Help: looking for... Prequel Preservations... — Page 2

Author
Time
I think the wipe was just as issue of film or digital masters.
Author
Time
Does anyone have the TPM LD rip? I just finished making a theatrical cut of the film using the official dvd and a few shots from the TB version, but I created the soundtrack in stereo, as the TB version only had a dolby 2.0 track. I would really love to be able to drop in the 5.1 mix from the LD. Additionally, I created an isolated score for the theatrical cut if anyone is interested.

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time
I am definitely interested in an isolated score track for TPM as I once attempted one myself. I think I have the TPM LD-rip (not sure if it's 5.1 though...), will have to take a look. Please email me at klokwerk at gmail dot com.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Originally posted by: booah
Originally posted by: ZigFried

Revenge Of The Sith (original theatrical film/theatrical digital version)
Best source: various bootleg digital copies

on DVD?

Well I think it would be best to just try and recreate the wipe. There's a topic about that somewhere around here...


Was there any particular reason why the wipe was discarded, and why there was a bother to change one single shot for home video release? (other than to create a seemingly obligatory "new" version for video)



I have no idea. My guess is that the wipe was added in later for the theatrical release but they sourced it from a different print.

Author
Time
I've posted a torrent my isolated score for the Phantom Menace theatrical version on demonoid in flac format. I can post the whole DVD if there is interest. If anyone would like to match this to the retail DVD, it shouldn't be too hard to edit, although the podrace grid sequence has a lot of differences in the music editing (eg. repeated music, different sync with the scenes).
Klokwerk, let me know if you've been able to get this yet. If not I'll try a different upload method.

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time
I for one would love to see your theatrical EP 1 DVD posted in full somewhere.......

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time
schorman13:
Yep. Just woke up and checked my torrent program. I finished a couple of hours ago and have been seeding since. So, it's an isolated score to your particular theatrical edit? I mean, it isn't based off the LD?

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Sluggo
What part of "don't ask" is unclear about this?

I just couldn't stand the plastic Homer head so I bought the R2 version off of ebay so all the packaging matches.


Ah... but wasn't there a mail-in offer to get the regular, non-Homer head box for that set?
We don't have enough road to get up to 88.
Author
Time

I've got the TPM LD Rip on DVD that some of the folks put together on here. Pretty good! 3D menus, the lot. don't know about the 5.1 though. i'll have to fish it out. I have also got both TPM OST in the collection as well.

Join the dark side… and get a free cookie!

Author
Time
Originally posted by: klokwerk
schorman13:
Yep. Just woke up and checked my torrent program. I finished a couple of hours ago and have been seeding since. So, it's an isolated score to your particular theatrical edit? I mean, it isn't based off the LD?


Yeah, I recreated the theatrical cut using the retail dvd and three short clips from the TB version provided by russs15. I recreated the audio track in stereo only and also created an isolated score from the Ultimate Edition soundtrack. Right now, I'm planning on posting this to demonoid beginning on Saturday.
As for the 5.1 audio track, It's my understanding that the original LOOK version Bootleg of TPM had a rip of the 5.1 audio. That is the version I'm looking to try to add to this dvd. Unfortunately, this dvd had some authoring issues that made it pretty tough to navigate, so I doubt many people, who had it before the retail version came out, held on to it.

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time
I had the LOOK version but binned it as it was pretty bad quality video wise. I'd be interested in getting this homemade version though, as I only have the VHS version and don't really want to waste my time capturing at that quality. What region version did you use for the dvd footage?
Author
Time
I used the region 1 DVD and converted the TB footage to NTSC

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time

just in case this is a more appropriate

topic to put this response in :

--

i do have a transfer of the phantom menace

from laserdisc. the files are large mpegs

and need to be de-interlaced.

later

-1

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time
 (Edited)

here is a preview of all 3 sides

of the laserdiscs for the phantom menace

i still need to resize a couple of parts.

(files 2 and 3 are switched)

---

 

 

later

-1

 

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time

Well the screenshots look great :)

Author
Time

pittrek said:

Well the screenshots look great :)

ok, i have the three avi files ready,

if there is interest i can upload them.

 

later

-1

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time

negative1 said:

pittrek said:

Well the screenshots look great :)

ok, i have the three avi files ready,

if there is interest i can upload them.

 

later

-1

 

Of course there is interest...

Could you please upload these to multiupload.com? This way there are several download mirrors and you still only need to upload every file once.

I had some problems with your CED-uploads a few weeks ago.

 

Author
Time

First of all, I wanna say I don't know much about the difference between the theatrical version and the DVD, HDTV etc. It's just that when I saw this thread I remembered a couple very old discs I had, which I managed to dig up, and it's 2 Video-CD's of TPM shot with a camera in a cinema.

When checking the properties of the video files, the creation date of part 2 is May 22, 1999. That's probably around the time when I got those discs.

I don't know if they're interesting to anyone since it's low resolution and all that, but here are some screens:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1795/tpm1.th.pnghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8581/tpm2.th.png

Personally, I'm ready to throw this in the trash but if some completionist out there wants it, I could put it on myspleen or something.

Author
Time

Couldn't hurt, I'm sure someone would snatch it up.

This signature uses Markdown syntax, which makes it easy to add formatting like italics, bold, and lists:

Author
Time

You_Too said:

I don't know if they're interesting to anyone since it's low resolution and all that, but here are some screens:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1795/tpm1.th.pnghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8581/tpm2.th.png

Personally, I'm ready to throw this in the trash but if some completionist out there wants it, I could put it on myspleen or something.

I'm pretty sure that none would be interested (see here). The 'Z' version appears to have been posted to the newsgroup back in June, but apparently was missing CD 1.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time

You_Too said:

First of all, I wanna say I don't know much about the difference between the theatrical version and the DVD, HDTV etc. It's just that when I saw this thread I remembered a couple very old discs I had, which I managed to dig up, and it's 2 Video-CD's of TPM shot with a camera in a cinema.

When checking the properties of the video files, the creation date of part 2 is May 22, 1999. That's probably around the time when I got those discs.

I don't know if they're interesting to anyone since it's low resolution and all that, but here are some screens:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1795/tpm1.th.pnghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8581/tpm2.th.png

Personally, I'm ready to throw this in the trash but if some completionist out there wants it, I could put it on myspleen or something.

 

Wow, those pictures bring back memories. I'd love to get a copy of it for the hell of it. Please PM me, and maybe we can set something up.

Author
Time

This is definitely something that should be preserved.  The theater bootleg and 16mm telecines of SW have proven useful for research, and I imagine this would also.  Perhaps nobody knows of a specific use for it right now, but the moment some question comes up, about which or the other actually played in the theater when the film came out, this is the sort of source that can answer that.

"Close the blast doors!"
Puggo’s website | Rescuing Star Wars

Author
Time

Moth3r said:

I'm pretty sure that none would be interested (see here). The 'Z' version appears to have been posted to the newsgroup back in June, but apparently was missing CD 1.

none pm'd me and linked that thread as well. I couldn't send a pm back though since it said his inbox is full.

So anyway, I'll put this on myspleen sometime soon.

Author
Time

This 'Z' version is pretty widespread. This was the version I watched back in 1999 when the movie was already out in the USA but not in europe yet.

I also have a factory pressed bootleg VCD that I bought on ebay, which turned out to be this version.

If this appears on myspleen I can help with the seeding.