I got through watching the trilogy on DVD today (yes, I know BLASPHEMY!), but I quickly dove into it and worked on some editing. To do so, I had to break the AC3 Dolby Digital sound down into individual mono WAVS. Well, I have done all my editing and I’m ready to recompile the WAVS into an AC3 until I realized, I don’t have the foggest how to.
I thought I could simply use the program I already had and re-encode, but that doesn’t do it. So now I’m turning to you fans out there who have done anything in the realm of digital video editing. Especially MagnoliaFan. All of your edits have been in Dolby Surround, and I assumed you used an AC3 file or something of that effect for your audio.
I also open this thread up to others to post questions or tips about other ‘fan-editing’ techniques. Hopefully if one question is answered it can help someone along the way.