Sign In

Harry Potter Extended Editions (Released) — Page 22

Author
Time

The English subtitles are the original official subtitles with the edited scene captions added in. Any language other than English is Google translated. Can’t be any clearer than that.

Author
Time

I have created a spreadsheet for those that have offered to assist to create translated captions for my releases. If anyone else would like to assist with any of the languages that I list in the spreadsheet, please let me know and I will add you to the list. As captions are completed, I will put marks in the columns in the sheet indicating they are finished. If there is a language you would like to translate the captions into and it isn’t listed in the sheet, let me know and I will add your name and that language.

If you volunteer, please know that I appreciate your efforts. I hope you will commit the time to complete them. They will be a very nice addition to the releases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SmuPTTSBqSrqLxfe2e0zEU4puH391Q0W_x90UAC-jw/edit?usp=sharing

Author
Time

Sent you an EMAIL. Please confirm.

Author
Time

JJPotter said:

I have created a spreadsheet for those that have offered to assist to create translated captions for my releases. If anyone else would like to assist with any of the languages that I list in the spreadsheet, please let me know and I will add you to the list. As captions are completed, I will put marks in the columns in the sheet indicating they are finished. If there is a language you would like to translate the captions into and it isn’t listed in the sheet, let me know and I will add your name and that language.

If you volunteer, please know that I appreciate your efforts. I hope you will commit the time to complete them. They will be a very nice addition to the releases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SmuPTTSBqSrqLxfe2e0zEU4puH391Q0W_x90UAC-jw/edit?usp=sharing

I can help with Castilian. 😃

Author
Time

Miche, I have you added for Castilian.

Author
Time

JJPotter said:

I have created a spreadsheet for those that have offered to assist to create translated captions for my releases. If anyone else would like to assist with any of the languages that I list in the spreadsheet, please let me know and I will add you to the list. As captions are completed, I will put marks in the columns in the sheet indicating they are finished. If there is a language you would like to translate the captions into and it isn’t listed in the sheet, let me know and I will add your name and that language.

If you volunteer, please know that I appreciate your efforts. I hope you will commit the time to complete them. They will be a very nice addition to the releases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SmuPTTSBqSrqLxfe2e0zEU4puH391Q0W_x90UAC-jw/edit?usp=sharing

Hi
Today I finished the spanish translation for Prisoner of Azkaban. How do I send it to you?
Regards

Author
Time

I started to make the subtitles, but it will take a few weeks to get it ready, what I can say is that they will be excellent.

Author
Time

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the amazing edits. Spent a lot of money on a fancy blu-ray set and they never get touched because your edits are the gold standard. Release of your 2.0 update has started a new re-watch. Looking forward to watching the latter movies with the new scenes and colour correction. But it looks great in your previews. Thank you again.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

As always, SPLENDID work with these edits! 😄

I would also be glad to help with the Italian subtitles.

Author
Time

Hello, I have available the Spanish subtitles of the six movies so you can include them, how can I send them to you?

Author
Time

Nekob2019, I’ll send you a PM with my email address. There are more than 6 movies though. There are a total of 9 that have been released, including the combined Deathly Hallows movie and the 2 Fantastic Beasts movies.

Author
Time

About the subtitles translation:
Do you have any timestamps for where you added the cut scenes (and their length maybe)?
Or even better, where you moved scenes (if you did) around and added cut scenes?

It would save me and others translators so much time to know where to look for to add the missing subtitles for the official subtitle language.

Thank you

Author
Time

I do not have the timestamps of each edit recorded. I’m sorry, but I don’t plan on going back and trying to record those for all of the different films.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hey mate, I know your goal is to add, not subtract, but would you ever consider doing a quick edit and releasing the combined Deathly Hallows w/o the much-maligned epilogue?

Love your work, and they’re all my go-to versions of the Potter films. Just hate the epilogue!

Author
Time

Nick66 said:

Hey mate, I know your goal is to add, not subtract, but would you ever consider doing a quick edit and releasing the combined Deathly Hallows w/o the much-maligned epilogue?

Love your work, and they’re all my go-to versions of the Potter films. Just hate the epilogue!

Sincerely, it would be way quicker and ‘easier’ for you, to just cut the end of the last movie with any free video editing software 😃

Author
Time

I need some honest feedback on these releases. I received a bad review from a user pointing out a lot of things that I have not heard anyone else mention anything about. I need to know if these are legit issues that I need to look into resolving.

First, they indicated issues with the 5.1 audio track only being in AAC and not in AC3 format. For those with 5.1 setups, has this been an issue for you? Have you not been able to use the 2.0 edits because the track was not in AC3?

Are users able to get the subtitles that are built into the video file to work? They are intended to work without you having to have the external SRT file. I know some have asked for the external files, which is why I provide them, but those have mainly been where people didn’t know the subtitles were there already. Is this an issue that users are seeing?

Finally, what are your thoughts on the video quality? With doing higher compression to get the size down, I knew there would be some compromises on quality, but I haven’t seen this. Do others think the quality is poor? The comment indicated that it was “painful” to watch these with the quality drop from v1.5. Are others seeing and experiencing this?

I’m not looking for pats on the back or praises. I need legit honest feedback. If these suck, tell me. I haven’t gotten that impression from anyone that has seen them, but maybe only the people that like them have given feedback.

Author
Time

papill6n88 said:

Nick66 said:

Hey mate, I know your goal is to add, not subtract, but would you ever consider doing a quick edit and releasing the combined Deathly Hallows w/o the much-maligned epilogue?

Love your work, and they’re all my go-to versions of the Potter films. Just hate the epilogue!

Sincerely, it would be way quicker and ‘easier’ for you, to just cut the end of the last movie with any free video editing software 😃

I know, I thought of that. But sadly I lack even the rudimentary skills for such a task.

Doctor M said:

Or hit the stop button.

Now that’s something I had NOT thought of. Genius. Do you just fast forward through the bits in the Special Edition you don’t like?

Author
Time

I don’t have a surround system nor have I checked the subtitles, but I too find the lower video quality distracting. I would love to get a higher quality option to save me the work of replacing all the footage myself (which I was considering doing since I love your edits so much)

Author
Time

JJPotter said:

I need some honest feedback on these releases. I received a bad review from a user pointing out a lot of things that I have not heard anyone else mention anything about. I need to know if these are legit issues that I need to look into resolving.

First, they indicated issues with the 5.1 audio track only being in AAC and not in AC3 format. For those with 5.1 setups, has this been an issue for you? Have you not been able to use the 2.0 edits because the track was not in AC3?

Are users able to get the subtitles that are built into the video file to work? They are intended to work without you having to have the external SRT file. I know some have asked for the external files, which is why I provide them, but those have mainly been where people didn’t know the subtitles were there already. Is this an issue that users are seeing?

Finally, what are your thoughts on the video quality? With doing higher compression to get the size down, I knew there would be some compromises on quality, but I haven’t seen this. Do others think the quality is poor? The comment indicated that it was “painful” to watch these with the quality drop from v1.5. Are others seeing and experiencing this?

I’m not looking for pats on the back or praises. I need legit honest feedback. If these suck, tell me. I haven’t gotten that impression from anyone that has seen them, but maybe only the people that like them have given feedback.

Here’s what I’ve said regarding this previously, and I stand by it… anyone who complains about file size when downloading does not deserve to have access to your work. This is a MASSIVE undertaking on your part, and you are offering it for free, so anyone who complains does not deserve the fruits of your labor. Period. I don’t care if they have “slow internet”. In most places, they can compensate by using work’s Internet or a Cafe’s or other locale that they can use temporarily. If it’s actual file size they are worried about, then they can use handbrake to process them into smaller files using whatever quality settings they they want.

You should produce the best quality that YOU want to deal with, not to others.

With that being said, I’m am by no means one of the pictorial experts that can instantly notice between 1.6 and 1.7 MB/s (or some other small difference setting) when viewing. However, I will say this… it is been my experience that 2.5 MB/s for video seems to be the basement setting that seems issue good quality vs file size if that is what you are going for. I will say that I tend to see issues on lower settings (which some of these are, but since they are free, who am I to complain? That’s why you’ve never heard from me on this issue.)

Regardless, I still think you should not worry about others complaining and issue them in the quality that you see fit. I personally would prefer as high quality as you’re comfortable dealing with and issuing, and let me deal with it once I get it, as those would be my issues, not yours to deal with.

I wished people would be more appreciative of your works and the efforts that went into them. I am sorry that they are not.