Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 MKV IS OUT NOW — Page 659

Author
Time

I didn’t warm to it either… Interesting as a separate mini fan-film, but it seems out of place to me with the rest of Episode IV. I felt the same way about the end of Rogue One - while Darth Vader’s antics worked quite well in that film, they didn’t seem to flow naturally at all into the beginning of Episode IV where he calmly enters after his troops and does very little dirty work other than to pick up and choke Antilles one-handed.

Vader in this YouTube clip also lacks the stature of Prowse to be convincing; he’s barely taller than Alec Guiness. (That always irritated me at the end of RotS too.)

Bluto

Author
Time

Bluto said:

I didn’t warm to it either… Interesting as a separate mini fan-film, but it seems out of place to me with the rest of Episode IV. I felt the same way about the end of Rogue One - while Darth Vader’s antics worked quite well in that film, they didn’t seem to flow naturally at all into the beginning of Episode IV where he calmly enters after his troops and does very little dirty work other than to pick up and choke Antilles one-handed.

Vader in this YouTube clip also lacks the stature of Prowse to be convincing; he’s barely taller than Alec Guiness. (That always irritated me at the end of RotS too.)

Bluto

I would argue that it makes logical sense as Vader was pressed for time and didn’t want to lose those plans. Want a job done right and all that. And even he came up just short. After that though, no reason to get personally involved. It’s a military operation and the cannon fodder will do nicely in overwhelming Leia’s ship and troops.

Author
Time

I dunno, if Harmy’s gonna Easter Egg us with modified scenes, I’d want it to be his “Vader Shot First” scene from ESB, or his “Vader Got Drunk and Fell Over and Now I Gotta Take His Mask Off” from ROTJ.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Omg, that’s awful 😄

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

Hi Team: I’ve been away for a while (due to not having a computer for about a year, lol) but I’m back on the grid. In the mean time I seem to have lost myspleen access:( Would be great access again to get caught up checking out the most recent excellent fan preservation efforts; if anyone could help me out please send me a PM! If not, and this is not the appropriate way to ask, then I beg your forgiveness:)

TTP Sports: Your Total Package for Sports!  TTPSports.blogspot.com

Author
Time
 (Edited)

whaleman said:

Hi Team: I’ve been away for a while (due to not having a computer for about a year, lol) but I’m back on the grid. In the mean time I seem to have lost myspleen access:( Would be great access again to get caught up checking out the most recent excellent fan preservation efforts; if anyone could help me out please send me a PM! If not, and this is not the appropriate way to ask, then I beg your forgiveness:)

Myspleen doesn’t do invites anymore. But if you had an account before, setting up a second one on any site like this can usually get you (and maybe the inviter) banned. Best to just try to contact the myspleen folks and see if you can get it reactivated.

Author
Time

Darth Robin said:

The comparrison image galley no longer works.

Google plus is no more. If anyone still has the images and wants to host them somewhere, they can certainly do so!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yeh you can still see the ROTJ gallery if you follow the link Harmy put out on the facebook page. But I couldn’t find the Star Wars or Empire gallery.

Author
Time

This probably should fit into this category, and I think Harmy should take note of this.

It has been reported by MAB Hollywood’s Matias Bombal that the original 1977 version of STAR WARS will be screening at the historic Fox Theatre (now the Bob Hope Theatre) in Stockton, CA on Sunday, July 14, 2019. This will be a rare opportunity to see the original Episode IV in as close as possible to what audiences originally saw in 1977. The film will screen at 2 PM.

The information is at https://foxfriends.org/ .

“Hear you nothing that I say?”
-Yoda

Author
Time

Harmy said:

Actually, lots of the links are dead now, I have to reupload the files. The best bet currently is public torrent trackers. I’m still looking for a good alternative to uloz.to.

Check out uploaded.net

Author
Time

I’m looking at their website and they’re offering fairly expensive premium but it doesn’t say what the limits of free uploads/downloads are. I need somewhere, where I can upload large files for free but also where people can download them for free with relative ease. Uloz.to used to be it but no more 😦

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

mega.nz

Free account allows 50GB. Can encrypt files/folders. Fast up and down!

Author
Time

hiphats said:

This probably should fit into this category, and I think Harmy should take note of this.

It has been reported by MAB Hollywood’s Matias Bombal that the original 1977 version of STAR WARS will be screening at the historic Fox Theatre (now the Bob Hope Theatre) in Stockton, CA on Sunday, July 14, 2019. This will be a rare opportunity to see the original Episode IV in as close as possible to what audiences originally saw in 1977. The film will screen at 2 PM.

The information is at https://foxfriends.org/ .

Is it absolutely the 1977 version? Maybe I’m just blind, but I cannot seem to find that info on their site.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

@nafroe:
No, you are not blind and you should be skeptical.

Here is what might be the source of @hiphats information, this SoundCloud podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/mat-as-antonio-bombal/mabhollywood-on-kahi-am-and-fm-auburn-052419-aladdin-booksmart-1977-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

This “Matias Bombal” begins discussing the Star Wars screening at the 8:29 mark.

Here are the highlights:

Matia Bombal said:

…the folks at the Friends of the Fox Movie Classics Series are working very hard to have one of the closest possible to the original 1977 release presented there…

Mr. Bombal adds,

Matia Bombal said:

We’re going to find the closet thing we can to the original Star Wars from 1977 and that’s what we’ll show on this very special occasion. Star Wars. Episode IV. A New Hope.

That doesn’t sound like the Fox Theatre has the 1977 version, yet.

So I take this with a grain of salt.

Author
Time

To be honest I think that its good news that Harmy has found a fellow.

Author
Time

LordZerome1080 said:

To be honest I think that its good news that Harmy has found a fellow.

If you use YouTube’s realtime closed-captioning, it reveals through a mistranscription of “Despecialized Editions” how the dynamic may work between having a girlfriend and Despecializing Star Wars.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Fulgore said:

mega.nz

Free account allows 50GB. Can encrypt files/folders. Fast up and down!

This is frequently ISP-throttled (so slow for some), but it still just plain works. No piecing together parts, no server overloaded, no captchas, no learning how to say download in Czech… even when it’s throttled, just start downloading and step away for a while. The problem is if it’s throttled for the uploader, but even then, just don’t do it very often.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

CatBus said:

LordZerome1080 said:

To be honest I think that its good news that Harmy has found a fellow.

If you use YouTube’s realtime closed-captioning, it reveals through a mistranscription of “Despecialized Editions” how the dynamic may work between having a girlfriend and Despecializing Star Wars.

I’m confused

Author
Time

LordZerome1080 said:

CatBus said:

LordZerome1080 said:

To be honest I think that its good news that Harmy has found a fellow.

If you use YouTube’s realtime closed-captioning, it reveals through a mistranscription of “Despecialized Editions” how the dynamic may work between having a girlfriend and Despecializing Star Wars.

I’m confused

Dumb joke

Desexualized Edition

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

I kinda hope Harmy skips over 1080p for Despecialized 3.0 so the official UHDs could be used as sources (whenever they’re released by the mouse).

the official UHDs, regraded w/ DrDre’s LUTs, and 4k77/4k80/4k83 shots reinserted or rotoscoped in > *

Author
Time

I’m all for better sources, but every release brings with it more alterations, even if unintentional (in this case, the film scans would predate the Blu-ray changes, so they’d likely re-do those from scratch, and they’re unlikely to be 100% identical). If we wait for the UHDs, then we should also wait for analysis of those new alterations, otherwise basing something on them could be a step backward. Also, the step-down in fine detail from DeEd to 4Kxx is already pretty obvious, even at 720p… if DeEd were based on something with more fine detail than the current Blus, the seams between footage from the new source and 4Kxx-based footage would be even more apparent. Not an insurmountable problem (blur the Blu source, sharpen the 4Kxx source, fake grain tricks, etc), but something to consider.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

I can’t wait to see version 3. I’ve not been able to find any other version of Harmy’s work, which is very sad given how much time and effort he (and his helpers) have put into it. I just hope that when V3 is complete that I can get a copy and have my childhood restored. I’ve been going through OT withdrawal’s for twenty two years as I’m sure many of you have been as well.