Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 MKV IS OUT NOW — Page 658

Author
Time

memestein420 said:

One Word: GARBAGE!
These De-Specialized versions are the same as the Sequel Trilogy: An Insult to George Lucas, A Disgrace to the franchise, Fan-fiction, Pointless and Unnecessary!
I managed to get the theatrical cuts in very low resolutions (.avi) and I forgot how horrible it was back then.
Makes me appreciate even more the Special Editions and The Prequel Trilogy.

My mom once told me and I quote “If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t speak at all” or as I like to say “If you can’t be positive, then at least be quiet”

Author
Time

Does anyone have the edit of Harmy’s Despecalized Edition for Star Wars that adds the Episode IV title card from the 1997 SE?

I really want to rewatch the first one but not seeing that in the beginning literally kills the movie for me because it sets the tone of a ongoing serial and being thrown into a larger world for me. Thanks in advance.

Author
Time

memestein420 said:

One Word: GARBAGE!
These De-Specialized versions are the same as the Sequel Trilogy: An Insult to George Lucas, A Disgrace to the franchise, Fan-fiction, Pointless and Unnecessary!
I managed to get the theatrical cuts in very low resolutions (.avi) and I forgot how horrible it was back then.
Makes me appreciate even more the Special Editions and The Prequel Trilogy.

Why are you here?

Author
Time

Hanako said:

Does anyone have the edit of Harmy’s Despecalized Edition for Star Wars that adds the Episode IV title card from the 1997 SE?

I really want to rewatch the first one but not seeing that in the beginning literally kills the movie for me because it sets the tone of a ongoing serial and being thrown into a larger world for me. Thanks in advance.

Just download SW DEED and go into IMovie or something and swap out the crawl title.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

I think towne32’s “v2.6” had an ANH crawl edition, but he didn’t do the same for v2.7.

Easiest way is probably to download Harmy’s ANH Re-Specialized (1997 SE restoration) AVCHD and splice the opening shot of that into the DEED v2.7 - note that you’ll want to do the entire first shot, including the flyover, as the starfield is different.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

I think towne32’s “v2.6” had an ANH crawl edition, but he didn’t do the same for v2.7.

The towne32 version of v2.6 is on myspleen if you have access there.

“You know, when you think about it, the Ewoks probably just crap over the sides of their tree-huts.”

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

I think towne32’s “v2.6” had an ANH crawl edition, but he didn’t do the same for v2.7.

Easiest way is probably to download Harmy’s ANH Re-Specialized (1997 SE restoration) AVCHD and splice the opening shot of that into the DEED v2.7 - note that you’ll want to do the entire first shot, including the flyover, as the starfield is different.

I tried last night but unfortunately I’m not good enough at video editing right now to make it seamless 😦. I’m going to ask someone I know who has a Myspleen account if they can help me grab the towne32 edit with the Crawl. Thanks for the info 😃

Author
Time

Hello! I’m wondering if there is a reason that Harmy’s work isn’t available by Torrent. Would there be any reason I shouldn’t upload it to a private tracker?

Thanks! I want to not make people angry, but also want to make it easier for folks to get their hands on it.

Author
Time

It is available by torrent in several places.

I doubt anyone would mind if you uploaded it to another tracker, but I can’t speak for Harmy.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Yeah, no problem 😊

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

Mackey256 said:

ChainsawAsh said:

I think towne32’s “v2.6” had an ANH crawl edition, but he didn’t do the same for v2.7.

The towne32 version of v2.6 is on myspleen if you have access there.

I did it for 2.7, and gave it to quite a few people. But never uploaded it anywhere due to all of the people that complained about the 2.6 accuracy (compared to the 1981 crawl). Of course, it was never meant to be accurate to the 1981 in terms of the star field, but just a fun bonus.

I wouldn’t recommend version 2.6 in general, though.

Author
Time

towne32 said:

Of course, it was never meant to be accurate to the 1981 in terms of the star field, but just a fun bonus.

I appreciate that. It’s nice to watch every now and then as a reminder of what it was like until the Special Editions came out in 1997.

“You know, when you think about it, the Ewoks probably just crap over the sides of their tree-huts.”

Author
Time

Hey everyone. I haven’t logged on to the website since around early 2016. Sad to hear that Jay won’t be running the site anymore, but I am glad that Silverwook and Anchorhead will be taking charge. Anyways, I was just curious as to how v3.0 is coming along.

“If only you knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.”

“He told me enough! He told me you killed him.”

“No, I am your father.” - Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, The Empires Strikes Back

Author
Time

Colson said:

B.K. said:

Is there any way I can get a MySpleen invite? After today’s news, I want to watch the Original Trilogy again, but I want to get the latest versions of each movie.

You mean the oldest versions of each movie 😉

PM’ed.

I am new to this Despecialized topic.
Could someone send me an invite to myspleen so I can get these 3 classics as originally intended?

Thanks!

Author
Time

Brerfox46 said:

Colson said:

B.K. said:

Is there any way I can get a MySpleen invite? After today’s news, I want to watch the Original Trilogy again, but I want to get the latest versions of each movie.

You mean the oldest versions of each movie 😉

PM’ed.

I am new to this Despecialized topic.
Could someone send me an invite to myspleen so I can get these 3 classics as originally intended?

Thanks!

Read the first post, and follow the link to The Ultimate Introductory Guide
(myspleen isn’t where these files start out from, and it isn’t open even if it was, The Ultimate Introductory Guide is the way to go)

Author
Time

Actually, lots of the links are dead now, I have to reupload the files. The best bet currently is public torrent trackers. I’m still looking for a good alternative to uloz.to.

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

Harmy said:

Actually, lots of the links are dead now, I have to reupload the files. The best bet currently is public torrent trackers. I’m still looking for a good alternative to uloz.to.

Have you thought about trying Resilio Sync like Williarob and the 4k77 team?

Author
Time

Darth Lucas said:

Harmy said:

Actually, lots of the links are dead now, I have to reupload the files. The best bet currently is public torrent trackers. I’m still looking for a good alternative to uloz.to.

Have you thought about trying Resilio Sync like Williarob and the 4k77 team?

Not very good for privacy IMO

Author
Time

I thought of a place to store 3.0, you could try to use BitTorrent and store it on one of those sites.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

I know most of you likely have seen this already but…god damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k

I know this will never happen but what I would give for a bonus Harmy v3.0 4K Revisited/Reimagined release that utilizes this scene when the real 3.0 is released. 😃

Author
Time

WishItWas1984 said:

I know most of you likely have seen this already but…god damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k

I know this will never happen but what I would give for a bonus Harmy v3.0 4K Revisited/Reimagined release that utilizes this scene when the real 3.0 is released. 😃

This goes against the goal of the DEED, which is meant to restore the OUT, try Adywan’s thread as he is in the middle of making a new special edition.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.