Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 MKV IS OUT NOW — Page 657

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Google Drive isn’t too expensive for additional data - I pay $2/month for something like 100GB, which is enough for my purposes.

And Blutopia is overly strict even for a private tracker. I’d be surprised if my account hasn’t been deactivated from disuse by now, honestly. You must seed uninterrupted for 14 days after snatching something, with very limited leeway for downtime, and VPN use is prohibited entirely? Come on, guys, I have one laptop that I take back and forth to and from work, and I can’t exactly seed from work, and certainly not without a VPN if I even wanted to risk it.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

And Blutopia is overly strict even for a private tracker. I’d be surprised if my account hasn’t been deactivated from disuse by now, honestly. You must seed uninterrupted for 14 days after snatching something, with very limited leeway for downtime, and VPN use is prohibited entirely? Come on, guys, I have one laptop that I take back and forth to and from work, and I can’t exactly seed from work, and certainly not without a VPN if I even wanted to risk it.

This.

Author
Time

Does this mean 3.0 is going to be released soon?

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

Harmy said:

And another question. What is currently the best place to upload to? Lots of my uloz links died and if there’s a better place to use for the uploads, I’d rather not re-upload to uloz.

Why not use Newsgroups and NZB/PAR files? No need to worry about seeders, and super-cheap newsgroup services have like 1,000+ day retention.

Author
Time

Harmy said:

And another question. What is currently the best place to upload to? Lots of my uloz links died and if there’s a better place to use for the uploads, I’d rather not re-upload to uloz.

https://wetransfer.com/

Author
Time
 (Edited)

benduwan said:

Harmy said:

And another question. What is currently the best place to upload to? Lots of my uloz links died and if there’s a better place to use for the uploads, I’d rather not re-upload to uloz.

https://wetransfer.com/

I agree with benduwan to a certain degree. You could upload to wetransfer.com , but there’s a 2GB upload limit per file. Again, you could upload multipart files to wetransfer, but imho you could also go with mega.nz.
I’ve been using it for years now - you get 50GB storage per account, but for people downloading with no account or new accounts there’s a 5GB download quota ( per day and IP) I believe, which can be easily bypassed following a guide online, although I don’t endorse it.
So yeah. that’s my advice, I take the opportunity to say I love your work Harmy - keep it up! Waiting for Despecialized 3.0 over here 😃

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural…

Author
Time

Last time I checked, files on wetransfer.com are deleted after a week. It’s meant to be used temporarily for transfer, not long term for storage.

Also, the mega.nz terms have changed. Accounts that are grandfathered-in still get 50 gb free, but new accounts only get 15 gb free.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

solkap said:

Last time I checked, files on wetransfer.com are deleted after a week. It’s meant to be used temporarily for transfer, not long term for storage.

Also, the mega.nz terms have changed. Accounts that are grandfathered-in still get 50 gb free, but new accounts only get 15 gb free.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Guess I was outdated on the terms. Thank you for clearing that out solkap 😃

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural…

Author
Time

You can still use 50gb on those 15gb accounts though 😃.
As long as you don’t need to change anything after the first month or so.

Author
Time

I am stoked for Despecialized 3.0 - for all three films in 1080p - especially now that there are 4K scans of the originals available. Harmy and those behind the 4K77 projects are absolutely awesome!

Author
Time

Mjvmovieman said:

I am stoked for Despecialized 3.0 - for all three films in 1080p - especially now that there are 4K scans of the originals available. Harmy and those behind the 4K77 projects are absolutely awesome!

Me too. It’ll be great to have the cherry-picked high quality 4K bits replacing sub-par 2.7 bits, for the best ANH version humanly possible outside of Disney.

Author
Time

WishItWas1984 said:

Mjvmovieman said:

I am stoked for Despecialized 3.0 - for all three films in 1080p - especially now that there are 4K scans of the originals available. Harmy and those behind the 4K77 projects are absolutely awesome!

Me too. It’ll be great to have the cherry-picked high quality 4K bits replacing sub-par 2.7 bits, for the best ANH version humanly possible outside of Disney.

Disney will never have as great of a quality as a fan restoration as we do this with love and tender care, while Disney would do it quickly so they could push out a profit.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

LordZerome1080 said:

WishItWas1984 said:

Mjvmovieman said:

I am stoked for Despecialized 3.0 - for all three films in 1080p - especially now that there are 4K scans of the originals available. Harmy and those behind the 4K77 projects are absolutely awesome!

Me too. It’ll be great to have the cherry-picked high quality 4K bits replacing sub-par 2.7 bits, for the best ANH version humanly possible outside of Disney.

Disney will never have as great of a quality as a fan restoration as we do this with love and tender care, while Disney would do it quickly so they could push out a profit.

Agreed. I only refer to them being technically able to do it. Hell, even ol’ Georgey didn’t care enough to put out a decent DVD of it.

Author
Time

What about ZippyShare for uploads? That’s the fileshare site of choice for other sites I visit. The filesize limit is 500MB per file, but there’s no upload limit, no accounts needed for uploading, no captchas/other verification for downloading, and no bandwidth caps for downloading. The downloads are super fast too, I’ve never hit a speed ceiling and I have a 250Mbps connection.

Also, does anyone have any good ways of being notified when a new version is released?

Author
Time

I have a strange question - that might be interpreted as blasphemy by some - what would be entailed to color correct the despecialized edition to blend seamlessly into the 2004/2011 releases?

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: Error Error Does not Compute
Nostalgia: Original Trilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jesta’ said:

I have a strange question - that might be interpreted as blasphemy by some - what would be entailed to color correct the despecialized edition to blend seamlessly into the 2004/2011 releases?

Your best non-manual results would probably be to do a shot-by-shot color match using something like DrDre’s ColorMatch utility. That would cover the overall color changes, but wouldn’t necessarily handle the keyed-out color replacement very well, such as replacing the sleeve colors on cantina aliens. Anything beyond that would involve some sort of manual work. Your lowest-effort results would probably be to buy some magenta-tinted sunglasses.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Hello.

What’s the matter with the Castillan dub track? There is a part with american spanish audio on this track on v2.5. Are there any fix?

Are there any way to get subtibles?

Many thanks.

Author
Time

So with the new acquisition of Fox by Disney, they now 100% own the distribution rights to the OT right? As in, they can do whatever they want?

Do you think there’s a chance they announce the release of the unaltered OT at Star Wars Celebration?

Author
Time

Daxtreme said:

So with the new acquisition of Fox by Disney, they now 100% own the distribution rights to the OT right? As in, they can do whatever they want?

Do you think there’s a chance they announce the release of the unaltered OT at Star Wars Celebration?

they could double dip (or triple dip, or quaruple dip, whichever nth dip we’re on at this point) and wait til episode IX comes to digital/UHD/etc next spring and complete the entire saga

or they could release the original trilogy and prequels on UHD this summer or thanksgiving in the leadup to IX.

they may not do anything because disney+. also kathleen kennedy said they’re not touching the first six films at all. (though they have all the necessary assets to un-touch them.)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

albmm said:

Hello.

What’s the matter with the Castillan dub track? There is a part with american spanish audio on this track on v2.5. Are there any fix?

Are there any way to get subtibles?

Many thanks.

That’s been fixed in 2.7, and I’ll PM you a link for the fixed track and subtitles if you don’t want to download all of 2.7.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Daxtreme said:

So with the new acquisition of Fox by Disney, they now 100% own the distribution rights to the OT right? As in, they can do whatever they want?

Do you think there’s a chance they announce the release of the unaltered OT at Star Wars Celebration?

I’d give that zero chance, I’m afraid. It’s never really been about money and distribution, which have always been negotiable. It’s about deference to Lucas’s stated intent. Technically he doesn’t own it anymore and they can do whatever they want, but technically C.S. Lewis is dead and publishers are free to release his books in the correct order, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen (yes, I know Lewis didn’t really even want his book order screwed up, but that case is more about the perception of his wishes than his actual wishes). Artists/directors/executive producers of wildly popular content have a reach that extends beyond the grave, let alone content ownership and distribution deals. Copyright expiration is the date we’re waiting for.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

One Word: GARBAGE!
These De-Specialized versions are the same as the Sequel Trilogy: An Insult to George Lucas, A Disgrace to the franchise, Fan-fiction, Pointless and Unnecessary!
I managed to get the theatrical cuts in very low resolutions (.avi) and I forgot how horrible it was back then.
Makes me appreciate even more the Special Editions and The Prequel Trilogy.

Author
Time

Obvious troll is 22 years late for the party.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

420, eh? 😛

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

memestein420 said:

One Word: GARBAGE!
These De-Specialized versions are the same as the Sequel Trilogy: An Insult to George Lucas, A Disgrace to the franchise, Fan-fiction, Pointless and Unnecessary!
I managed to get the theatrical cuts in very low resolutions (.avi) and I forgot how horrible it was back then.
Makes me appreciate even more the Special Editions and The Prequel Trilogy.

This might not be the right forum for you 😉

I Don’t Even Like Pickles?