Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 MKV IS OUT NOW — Page 604

Author
Time

I want to thank everyone involved in these amazing projects and this awesome community. A lot of the stuff goes well over my head on the technical level, but its moving to see such dedication and talent going into the restorations of these fantastic films we all love so much. I am actually teaching English in China, a country where most people haven’t ever heard of Star Wars (although those who have are mostly big fans), and have an ongoing film class where we screen a movie, then discuss, ask questions, etc. I want to screen Star Wars for a group of around 40-50 people and I’ll be damned if their first experience is with the SE’s. I have been able to get a hold of the DE mkvs, but with the setup at the school I need to burn some BDs, but haven’t been able to find them around. Anyone willing to help me out with finding them?

Author
Time

SnooPac said:

Check this thread for Blu-ray versions of despecialized.

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-Despecialized-Editions-Custom-Bluray-Set/id/49995

What the holy crap??? How did I miss that we have BDs WITH the DTS-HD MA tracks, as well as all audio/subtitle tracks, menus and a butt-ton of extras (including even more audio tracks… such as Rifftrax)? I follow Harmy’s SW, ESB and ROTJ threads and the v2.7 thread pretty closely (or at least so I thought) and had no idea about this… Did I miss some posts about this in these places before now?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hate to be a bother but does anyone have a suggestion for ways to download the current 2.7 of this project and a way to keep up with its future releases downloads if you don’t have and cant seem to obtain a myspleen account?
I’ve spent a lot of time reading on here trying to find a solution. I can’t seem to find anything that works for 2.7, and what I could find wasn’t much. I don’t want to tie up the thread, so if someone could please pm me to help that would be so awesome. Thanks.

Author
Time

bert41 said:

Hate to be a bother but does anyone have a suggestion for ways to download the current 2.7 of this project and a way to keep up with its future releases downloads if you don’t have and cant seem to obtain a myspleen account?
I’ve spent a lot of time reading on here trying to find a solution. I can’t seem to find anything that works for 2.7, and what I could find wasn’t much. I don’t want to tie up the thread, so if someone could please pm me to help that would be so awesome. Thanks.

PM’d.

youtube.com/c/StarWarsComparison

Author
Time

yoda-sama said:

SnooPac said:

Check this thread for Blu-ray versions of despecialized.

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-Despecialized-Editions-Custom-Bluray-Set/id/49995

What the holy crap??? How did I miss that we have BDs WITH the DTS-HD MA tracks, as well as all audio/subtitle tracks, menus and a butt-ton of extras (including even more audio tracks… such as Rifftrax)? I follow Harmy’s SW, ESB and ROTJ threads and the v2.7 thread pretty closely (or at least so I thought) and had no idea about this… Did I miss some posts about this in these places before now?

His blu Ray sets are one of the greatest fucking things to ever happen to humanity. I don’t ever need an Offical release now that we have njvc’s stunning custom ones of his one.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

yoda-sama said:

SnooPac said:

Check this thread for Blu-ray versions of despecialized.

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-Despecialized-Editions-Custom-Bluray-Set/id/49995

What the holy crap??? How did I miss that we have BDs WITH the DTS-HD MA tracks, as well as all audio/subtitle tracks, menus and a butt-ton of extras (including even more audio tracks… such as Rifftrax)? I follow Harmy’s SW, ESB and ROTJ threads and the v2.7 thread pretty closely (or at least so I thought) and had no idea about this… Did I miss some posts about this in these places before now?

Indeed. It’s been a while since I’ve looked in on OT.com, and by God, this is amazing.

Also, if anyone here plays board games and follows The Dice Tower, I’m sending a copy of this (and Q2’s FOTJ PT) to Sam Healey, since he’s a huge Star Wars fan.

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.

Author
Time

wymjafett2112 said:

Dat_SW_Guy said:

Time to torture myself with some of Frink’s movies.

Is there a 2.5 version of Return of the Jedi despecialized

Yes, and it makes for great eyewash after Frink’s movies. 😉

Author
Time

Frink’s movies are masterpieces ahead of their time

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Is version SW 2.7 along with the latest ESB and ROTJ releases on myspleen? I’m looking to update to the latest releases but I think my original myspleen account got wiped; would anyone be willing to help me out with an invite? Thank you so much!

EDIT: Invite received, thank you!

Author
Time

vitalmatt said:

Is version SW 2.7 along with the latest ESB and ROTJ releases on myspleen? I’m looking to update to the latest releases but I think my original myspleen account got wiped; would anyone be willing to help me out with an invite? Thank you so much!

This is at least the second time you’ve asked for another invite. If you can’t log in you are supposed to contact spleen admin on their forum and ask to them to reactivate your original account, not keep creating new ones.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

doubleKO said:

This is at least the second time you’ve asked for another invite. If you can’t log in you are supposed to contact spleen admin on their forum and ask to them to reactivate your original account, not keep creating new ones.

I appreciate the instructions, I will do be sure to do this if it happens again.

Author
Time

In fact, it is usually against the rules to keep creating new accounts on trackers, and can often get you banned. Not sure why you thought creating 3+ accounts was a good idea.

Author
Time

towne32 said:

In fact, it is usually against the rules to keep creating new accounts on trackers, and can often get you banned. Not sure why you thought creating 3+ accounts was a good idea.

I appreciate all the concern. If you or anyone else would like to continue this conversation please feel free to private message me, I believe that would be more appropriate. Thank you again.