Sign In

Harmy's RETURN OF THE JEDI - Grindhouse 35mm LPP (Released) — Page 11

Author
Time
 (Edited)

yoda-sama said:

darthrush said:

poita said:

I agree, I have purchased the trilogy on every damn format, multiple times.

I think if you are going to watch it in hi-def, then at the very least go buy the Blu-ray.
You also then have a case to keep your disc in 😉

And a case to replace the cover with 😉

At that point, is it still the same axe, though? Wait, what are we talking about?

I must admit that I worded my response quite awkwardly 😃 LOL

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

What the fuck did I do to get dragged into this thread?

Author
Time

Thank you SO much for this, this looks INCREDIBLE. I love it, scratches and damages and all, I’m genuinely over the moon haha. I hope the 35mm releases of Empire and ANH look this good! Once again, big thanks to Harmy who continues to service the community of SW fans above and beyond!

https://epicfilmchallenge2.wordpress.com - The Epic Film Challenge II - 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die

Author
Time

ActuallyLuke said:

Thank you SO much for this, this looks INCREDIBLE. I love it, scratches and damages and all, I’m genuinely over the moon haha. I hope the 35mm releases of Empire and ANH look this good! Once again, big thanks to Harmy who continues to service the community of SW fans above and beyond!

They have a 35mm of Empire that looks like this. A New Hope has been restored so there are no scratches, however you do still get the feel of nostalgia when watching it because it is the truest version out there. It still looks amazing.

Author
Time

Oh wow, I can’t wait to hunt those down! Also, what does LLP stand for? Forgive me if that’s a very obvious abbreviation here, I’m fairly new to the site!

https://epicfilmchallenge2.wordpress.com - The Epic Film Challenge II - 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die

Author
Time

ActuallyLuke said:

Oh wow, I can’t wait to hunt those down! Also, what does LLP stand for? Forgive me if that’s a very obvious abbreviation here, I’m fairly new to the site!

LPP stands for Lowfade Positive Print. It’s Eastman/Kodak film stock.

Author
Time

Does anyone know if this is still avaiable somwhere?

Author
Time

At about 01:47:39 I always thought the AT-ST gun positioning (down at Han, Leia, 3PO, R2) sound went longer than it does here on the 5.1… Anyone agree?

Author
Time

funksk8er said:

Does anyone know if this is still avaiable somwhere?

The original 23GB MKV from Harmy (not the DVD5 and DVD9 alternatives mentioned earlier) was just posed on USENET 5 days ago (Jan 10).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So…I just downloaded this and the video/audio is extremely choppy. Has anyone else dealt with this? Do I need a super fancy graphics card in order to watch this?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently the problem was with windows media player. I switched to a different program and it played fine.

Author
Time

VLC Media Player also isn’t very ideal for playing large HD-video files since it shows the same issues you’ve described regarding Windows Media Player.

Author
Time

Is this the same as Harmy ROTJ 2.5…? or was this a different release.?

Author
Time

Vader21 said:

Is this the same as Harmy ROTJ 2.5…? or was this a different release.?

Harmy’s ROTJ 2.5 is a reconstruction of the theatrical version based off the Blu-rays, in an attempt to create a version of the movie as high quality as possible. On the other hand, this release is just a straight-up scan of a film reel from the movie’s original theatrical release. It has a lot more film-damage and doesn’t have quite as much detail and clarity in the image, but it does have the advantage that what you’re seeing is 100% the same as what was shown in theaters in the eighties. Which one is better is really up to personal preference.

Author
Time

Lord Starfish said:

Vader21 said:

Is this the same as Harmy ROTJ 2.5…? or was this a different release.?

Harmy’s ROTJ 2.5 is a reconstruction of the theatrical version based off the Blu-rays, in an attempt to create a version of the movie as high quality as possible. On the other hand, this release is just a straight-up scan of a film reel from the movie’s original theatrical release. It has a lot more film-damage and doesn’t have quite as much detail and clarity in the image, but it does have the advantage that what you’re seeing is 100% the same as what was shown in theaters in the eighties. Which one is better is really up to personal preference.

WOW… I would love a copy of this one if it is a straight up sacn from a genuine print, I don’t mind the film damage I just want to see the version that was ment to be seen… Cheers bud.

Author
Time

Is the DVD5 version of this still available anywhere? The uloz links through tehparadox don’t seem to work.

.

Author
Time

suspiciouscoffee said:

Is the DVD5 version of this still available anywhere? The uloz links through tehparadox don’t seem to work.

was there a DVD5 of the grindhouse? i am only aware of one for the 2.5 DE

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I had checked Usenet for suspiciouscoffee, but failed to find it there for him.
Searching the terms rotj grindhouse:

  • binsearch yields no results
  • nzbfriends yields no results
  • nzbking yields 3 irrelevant results

The last one is weird given that Darth Mallwalker’s link goes to nzbking and clearly shows the DVD5 is present in its database with the terms rotj and grindhouse… Any idea why, Darth?

I have since managed to find it by searching on nzbindex.

Bluto

Author
Time

Just a little fun experiment regrading the ROTJ Grindhouse.

Grindhouse:

Grindhouse regraded:

Grindhouse:

Grindhouse regraded:

Author
Time

pittrek said:

I actually prefer the originals

Between those samples, I have to agree.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

Me, too. The regrades look more like Blu-ray (oversaturated blue screens in the throne room). The originals look more like film (cyan sky and golden desert).

Author
Time

Well. Maybe that was the fun in this experiment. To make the film look like the Blu Ray. Contrary to the habit in these forums…

“People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians”

“In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.” --George Lucas on March 3, 1988